Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,929,325 times

Advertisements

Mark it sounds like clear thinking to me. I had a smaller 36 inch deck riding snapper mower flip on to me at the cemetery and believe me it was not fun. I was hurt in the lower back for quite awhile. So bad our dear chiropractor came out to help hubby and I move because he did not want me lifting things. So now this is just another Idaho thing. When your chiropractor cares enough about you as a person and not just your wallet to come help you move. He brought his strong son to help too.

Our Polaris feels pretty solid. I think it is the bench ones that flip easier. Even so it is best to be safe than sorry. And hey you will love having one to ride once you get here. Even I love ours and I hate the snowmobile. Ducking. Sorry guys that is just not my thing.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,756,813 times
Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but we have a new toy. being delivered on wednesday.
It's a John Deere Gator XUV 4X4 825i with a the hydraulic dump box. Perfect for cleaning stalls and then having fun.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,848,884 times
Good idea. And let us know how you like it!

Old 12-18-2012, 01:52 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,554,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but we have a new toy. being delivered on wednesday.
It's a John Deere Gator XUV 4X4 825i with a the hydraulic dump box. Perfect for cleaning stalls and then having fun.
Cool misty, lets see some pics! We may need to ride some time...my wife and I got a geezerquad (aka Side by Side) this summer, a Polaris RZR. Did you get the model with power steering?

BTW...if you're use it for cleaning stalls, we're leading!

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 12-18-2012 at 02:00 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Cool misty, lets see some pics! We may need to ride some time...my wife and I got a geezerquad (aka Side by Side) this summer, a Polaris RZR. Did you get the model with power steering?

BTW...if you're use it for cleaning stalls, we're leading!
It does have power steering. We got the back rhino coated for easier cleaning of horse apples. The only danger with ATV's and horse poop is when you're pulling a manure spreader. Those balls have a nasty habit of being flung into the back of your head. Much worse in winter when they are frozen. Ouch.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,554,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
It does have power steering. We got the back rhino coated for easier cleaning of horse apples. The only danger with ATV's and horse poop is when you're pulling a manure spreader. Those balls have a nasty habit of being flung into the back of your head. Much worse in winter when they are frozen. Ouch.
Getting hit in the back of the head with road apples can't be much fun summer or winter! Looking forward to seeing pics. I hope you like the Gator. I like the RSX850i, but it's too wide for our ATV trails.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Getting hit in the back of the head with road apples can't be much fun summer or winter! Looking forward to seeing pics. I hope you like the Gator. I like the RSX850i, but it's too wide for our ATV trails.
It's primarily a farm vehicle but it will be fun on the forest service roads. I'm trying to convince my husband that a snowmobile would be fun. Our last snowmobile was pretty utilitarian and I don't have great memories of it. We used it to get from our vehicle parked on the main road to our cabin eight miles back in the National Forest of northern Arizona. Plus I was pregnant and we had a kindergartner on board to boot. I'm sure it must be different to snowmobile for fun.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:44 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,105,831 times
I have a Polaris 500 Sportman H.O. with a plow that I bought less than a year old from a coworker. It is a solid machine that has plowed deep snow without issues (I live in Ontario) and has hauled a few deer out of the woods. I would personally recommend a Polaris, Arctic Cat or Yamaha. I would recommend staying away from Honda. I went on the Ontario Out of Doors Test Ride and tried out a variety of brand-new ATVs and UVs including Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Honda. Both the Hondas had shifting problems straight from the showroom. Not good.

One thing I would recommend is getting a gel battery for whatever bike you buy. The acid batteries are not designed for the conditions and use you put these machines through and tend to die fairly quickly. I had three acid batteries in mine before a friend recommended a NAPA gel battery. Never had a problem since.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM

We've had our Hondas ( a Rancher and a Foreman) for almost 10 years now and they've been good little workhorses. We also have a newer Yamaha Grizzly that's working out pretty well too.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 AM

285 posts, read 851,025 times
Emmett really doesn't snow much so I don't think plowing needs to be a top priority in your purchasing decision. There will be days where it snows a fair amount, but most of the time it falls lightly and is melted on it's own by noon. Here in Boise, I only need to shovel my sidewalks twice each winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho