Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:09 PM

31 posts, read 77,885 times

Advertisements

I guess it's all about perspective, I think it's a lot more calm here. Of course, I came from North Dakota, so that would probably explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 12:14 AM

Location: Lover of reason and rationality. May just happen to live in idaho
10 posts, read 29,110 times
Interesting comment about how SW Idaho seemed windier but actually parts of Utah windier when judged more scientifically (professionally) were windier, surprise. (Ooops, or was it SE Idaho - hmm - I can't easily go and look at the posts now)
At any rate, go to
//www.city-data.com/
and type in the city or zip code of a place. Most of the times when you page down enough through all the data, there is a graph showing the average wind speed at different times of the year.
If you open up two windows for two different cities, you can go back and forth and compare the wind speeds.
I did that for places like Las Vegas, Missoula, Boise, Caldwell, Nampa, Emmett, Idaho City, Kuna, and Mountain Home.

As I recall, Las Vegas was windiest by far in the summer, Missoula by far the least windy, and Boise, Caldwell, Nampa, Emmett, and Idaho City, about the same and in betwen. (Missoula about 10 degrees colder year round that the Boise area, which was about 10 degrees cooler than vegas. ). My memory could be off on the wind stats. But it is very interesting to see a presumably scientific comparison.
A week or so ago, the Boise area was 30 degrees cooler than vegas. But lately it has moved to the 10 cooler degrees average claimed in the graphs.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 AM

52 posts, read 200,630 times
better yet, use the wind turbine proceeds to fund guns for the low income. something for everyone of all political spectrum... j/k lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
How better to be a Liberal Elitist than by selling clean energy to my less fortunate neighbors

Old 05-16-2009, 04:36 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,862 times
Now that was funny...

Old 05-16-2009, 06:50 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,607,056 times
I don't want to say Idaho is the windiest State in the US, but a couple days ago when opening my car door, a gust blew it against its hinges and now my door (on an '07 Nissan) does not close properly. This has never happened to me before. I will forever associate Idaho with wind because of this inane event!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,298 times
Default petition to remove governor?

I may have to start one in Idaho,for the things that happened to me there,in Elmore and Ada counties,concerning the way they handled my cases,I was convicted of grand theft in 99,I took the Elmore counties bondsman's coin collection,I saw zalled open his safe,and left town,but there were a lot of reasons behind this,and normally I would not have done this,but the police there were harrassing me so badly prior,to this I didn't feel I had a choice,and when my lawyer told me in 99 the police were going to violate me,and my bond for no reason,and the police were going to kill me,I did this. It was not right to do and I know it,but there were a lot of reasons I am not saying now.
The police had pulled me and my girl friend over prior to this pulled me out and almost shot me in cold blood,saying I had a weapon,in broad daylight in front of 250 witnesses by this time so I took him seriously when he said this.
He eventually come to AZ to visit me,and I signed my van and tools to him there,in exchange to drop his charges only,plus he got all his coins but the 12 I hawked,and 1400 dollars I had on me,and later when I got back none of this ever come out,and they forced drugs on me and hid all this for 10 years now,and in all the official paperwork,he pretends he only got back 619 dollars total,and they all knew this was not true from 99 on,to present.
And I was forced to pay in 2003,to have a warrant dismissed in AZ at one of the pawnshops he got his stuff from free,so he got all his stuff back totally for free and I was charged restitution as if he lost everything,plus he collected 4 thousand from his insurance company as well it states on the record,and they have hid this all for years on me.
And the PO lied in court in 2003 pretended I did not pay anything,and the 30 violation turned into 6 years in prison with real bad treatment when I tried to expose all these people from 2006 0n thru 08,so what do people think,do I deserve this,for taking his coins or what? I just want to see what people think? and even though they did not follow the law,should they be excused,for this because I took the coins,in the first place,I just need honest opinions I guess thanks?

Old 05-16-2009, 08:27 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,607,056 times
Moderator alert/Admin...somebody seems lost here. This is a thread about Idaho wind. ???

Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,498,839 times
I like the part where poster says "almost shot me in cold blood." Very entertaining!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:04 PM

3 posts, read 8,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Moderator alert/Admin...somebody seems lost here. This is a thread about Idaho wind. ???
yeah you would think wouldn't you see,I knew they would delete my post about these crooks so I put it here for everyone to see,who cares about the wind,when these people think they can get away with anything and they can't I say let the wind blow,you can't change the wind,but you can book crooked racist government officials,if try hard enough.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 PM

229 posts, read 563,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
In a non-scientiic experiment (in a different website) some guys in Provo, UT decided to prove that southeastern ID had the worst wind in the region. They were stunned to learn the wind was far worse in parts of UT and other areas, observed by professionals trained to observe such things, compared to Eastern ID for sure, but generally southeastern ID.
MSR, do you happen to have a link to that data about the study from Provo? Had a business meeting yesterday and in talking, I learned that this person lived up in Rexburg for a while. Had all good things to say about the IF area, except for the wind, and according to him, the strong winds, can kick up the pollen, etc from all the farmland and cause problems for asthmatics. Any thoughts on this? Simultaneously, I'm a member of a group on facebook for people who have moved or plan to move from Utah due to the bad air and I recall reading a story from a woman who moved to IF to save her daughter who had asthma and she said that IF was a much better place for her daughter. So I'm trying to get a handle on the wind situation and how much I should consider it in determining if I want to move there. We get some pretty strong winds down here in Vegas from time to time, but it's not every day. Every day for an extended period could get annoying??

Also, the city data page for Idaho Falls indicates 11-12mph winds as the highest during the year around April.. Is this an average or what exactly does this indicator on city-data mean? 11-12 is nothing, and compared to Vegas, it's about the same!?

Last edited by Vegas-to-?; 07-30-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho