Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,791 times

Advertisements

dstr where did you live there ??geesus we have lived winters in calif and summer in monatana and idaho and we always have great areas we lived in calif safe sound nice what you descrbed is the gehetto in calif why dont you try north of the golden gate bridge ? its really not what yr desribing ya go out 30 miles and its really nice and safe but yt close past san raphael napa is another really nice area there I think calif is being singeled out as one big ghetto dump and you know what its not there is some vast beutiful areas in california you dont see here even in idaho no matter where you go **** happens. hell we had one nut killed 4 people and had kidnapped a small girl sure it doesnt happen as oftern but no area is the so called perfect heaven. Id try to find a place you like there qst before you think idaho the all mighty perfect place where things dont happen its not perfect what happens you spend 20k moving here to find out you hate it more than there ?????go to weed calif you want to be out in the sticvks hahahaha its outttt there even slower paced than idaho but still calif hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
No thanks with that Napa and northern Cal stuff.
50 years in Calif is plenty for us.
Thousands of bucks per year just to register my vehicles???
Calif is a pretty state no doubt but quality of life out of this state trumps it.

Besides my mother in law will still be in Calif

Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,170 times
Default Escaping California

In the words of Nike.... Just do it. We escaped Southern California 3 years ago, and eventhough a lot of native Idahoans do not like the fact that a lot of us are here, once you blend in, forget the saying "In California we did it this way" You will be fine. The lack of Grafitti, Bleeding Heart Politicians, and not having to try and understand Spanglish is great. Our utilites, car registration and insurance dropped by half and the people at the D.M.V. speak English and are actuall happy to serve you... Imagine that! Originally I moved forn another country and had to succeed on my own efforts, without any breaks. If you are still working, the employment picture is not great right now, but if you found a job before you left Fresno and still are raising children, Idaho it is a great place to live.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:04 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoaus View Post
In the words of Nike.... Just do it. We escaped Southern California 3 years ago, and eventhough a lot of native Idahoans do not like the fact that a lot of us are here, once you blend in, forget the saying "In California we did it this way" You will be fine. The lack of Grafitti, Bleeding Heart Politicians, and not having to try and understand Spanglish is great. Our utilites, car registration and insurance dropped by half and the people at the D.M.V. speak English and are actuall happy to serve you... Imagine that! Originally I moved forn another country and had to succeed on my own efforts, without any breaks. If you are still working, the employment picture is not great right now, but if you found a job before you left Fresno and still are raising children, Idaho it is a great place to live.
I heart this guy!!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:04 PM

274 posts, read 952,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoaus View Post
When the house next door to this guy goes up for sale, someone please email me. I'd really like him to be my new neighbor. http://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/graemlins/eusa_clap.gif (broken link) http://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/graemlins/notworthy.gif (broken link)

Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
D & T,
what you have experienced is not Mexico, but the mix of border, drug, uneducated and migrant cultures. It is born out of economic desperation & dependency, a parallel world of street law, and an utter lack of ignorance. The Mexicans I know are extremely sophisticated and educated.
There's two Mexicos. One is dominated by well off, well educated people (by and large all "White", descendants of Spaniards) and as nice as anywhere in the U.S. The other is the majority: poor, poorly educated, living in poverty, etc. The middle class there is tiny. It's a country of extremes of wealth and poverty. The ones sneaking across the border flooding the U.S. are not the well educated ones, those well educated ones who immigrate generally do it legally and should be welcomed. The illegals are criminals and often trash their neighborhoods, overrun the local schools and social programs. CA's politics has in general lead to its demise by making it desirable to these illegals (all the handouts), and by pandering to all the kooks like the animal rights groups, treehuggers, etc. to the point of endangering the land and people (the wildfires are in large part due to those treehuggers blocking proper forest management), taxing everything to death, etc. And now while Californians try to "escape" the hell they themselves contributed to creating, they bring their politics and attitudes and will turn the states they fill up into new CA's. It's precisely the same process that destroyed my home state (Vermont) only it was hippies and later rich yuppies from NY and MA and CT who invaded not Californians. It was once a nice rural, largely libertarian/conservative state, a great place to live, not a wonderful economy but it was affordable to make up for that. Now it's a rich person's playground, no middle or working class person can really afford it here but many are stuck too. ID's fate is sealed as far as I can tell. In 20 years you'll have a governor who could only get elected in CA today, as VT had its Kunin (an outsider with kooky views) in the 80's (who proposed making the state a park, a tourist attraction). Enjoy ID while it lasts. I have a relative in Northern ID, he says he plans on leaving before it turns into CA.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 PM

274 posts, read 952,493 times
I've often wondered which states stand the best chance of providing a good home for not only your children, but their children as well. It's sad to think that Idaho could become another California. New Hampshire seems to have survived very well in comparision to your home state of Vermont. It's a great place, but I have to wonder how long they can survive the now surrounding influence. I see by your location arctichomesteader that Alaska seems to be on your To-Do list. It may truly be the last frontier as they say.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:16 AM

382 posts, read 1,033,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Definitely leave. Everybody is racist nowadays. So what? boo hoo. I'm leaving CA for the same reasons. I really don't care if people are offended. I'm through being nice and pretending. I'm originally from CA but nowadays I feel like I'm an alien when I walk into a store. Definitely time to go!
What I find interesting is that if I treated you the way you treat others would you like it? If I decided today that everyone from Cali was bad and I was a rude jerk to every Cali plate I saw in Idaho would you like it? Just like the people south of the border you are running away from your problems to make new problems in a place that you may not understand. You guys stick out like a sore thumb around here. I can easily tell the people who have recently moved here. The problem is you don't think that your someone else s problem. Your too focused on yourself. What about the guy who has worked his whole life to buy a house and property and can't because everyone else has decided it's the place to move too. They got priced right out of their own market! The irony is sweet though...
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/ej67ss/Neighborhood.jpg (broken link)
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/ej67ss/Neighborhood1.jpg (broken link)

Those photos are form my back yard. Now my back yard was a grass field for as long as I can remember. Then they sold it and built the subdivision I am currently living in. Now all summer long I have had to listen too earth movers at six am because the people behind us sold out. Now look at either side of the new side walks and street. The people living on either side of this new development are going to have a bunch of neighbors. And eventually they will have to sell out because they now have valuable building lots instead of green pasture. And people moving here want to live right on top of one another in subdivisions. You move a thousand miles away from all the things you hate and despise only to do the same thing when you arrive. I think people need to do a little more soul searching before they move. I understand all the reasons for getting out of Cali I just wonder where everyone is going to go when Idaho shows you that she is not perfect either.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
To have no neighbors you would need 100 acres and put your house smack dab in the middle of it.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
To have no neighbors you would need 100 acres and put your house smack dab in the middle of it.
Or have less people moving in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho