Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Hoping to get some feedback on family friendly motels within walking distance to Lava Hot Springs....the less expensive and less fancy the better, as long as the teens can walk from motel/hot springs and back.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 03:55 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
Don't know about the hotel situation but my kids loved the Giant pool.

Biggest pool I ever swam in

Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,281 times
Default Suggestions for Lava Hot Spring, ID lodging

Hi from Evelee,
We would like to welcome you to one of our lodgings. Aura Soma Lava/Oregon Trail Lodge.....800-757-1233 or 208-776-5800. Or consider the Home Hotel and Motel, 208-776-5507. Our lodgings are very affordable. You may want to consider a home for rent.....full kitchens. Check prices on line at www.aslava or www.homehotel.com. Mention my name and City Data site and receive a 10% discount on rates.

We have great hot spring options at both locations.....

Hope to see you soon.

Evelee Hill, Owner

Old 05-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelee Hill View Post
Hi from Evelee,
We would like to welcome you to one of our lodgings. Aura Soma Lava/Oregon Trail Lodge.....800-757-1233 or 208-776-5800. Or consider the Home Hotel and Motel, 208-776-5507. Our lodgings are very affordable. You may want to consider a home for rent.....full kitchens. Check prices on line at www.aslava or www.homehotel.com. Mention my name and City Data site and receive a 10% discount on rates.

We have great hot spring options at both locations.....

Hope to see you soon.

Evelee Hill, Owner
Thank you, Evelee!!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:30 PM

Looks like you are pet friendly too, I have two dogs we like to keep with us : )

Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Cool Check These Links

Hi NCM,

There are several types of pools at Lava. Some are cooler water and the size of Olympic swimming pools - maybe that is only one. But, the point is not all have the "Lave Hot Springs," and HIGH TEMPS associated with those pools.

It has been a while for me. I'll write my mom a note as she always knows about Lava etc. In the meantime, here are a couple of links. They may help you find what you want.

I do hope Sage will let my links remain as they provide a variety of information, I'm not connected in the least and I just hope to help you find some options for your time in Lava. I'm not advertising with my links.

Lava Hot Springs Lodging - Hotels, Motels, Bed and Breakfasts and Vacation Rentals (http://www.lavahotsprings.org/dynamic/lodging.aspx - broken link)

Lava Hot Springs Idaho Accommodations Guide (http://www.gonorthwest.com/idaho/southeast/Lava_Hot_Springs/accommodations.htm - broken link)

It looks like you can email or call toll free most of the motels.

I'd encourage you to ask about the distance to the pools you want (I'd be surprised if your kids didn't want to spend time in the Olympic size pool, which is in a different area than the 106 degree F pools across the street from a couple of the hotels.

Also, ask about mold. It may not matter to your family, but I'm allergic. With the hot springs right there, it would be very easy to have mold growing in rooms where the appropriate attention isn't given to prevent mold growth.

Please let us know what you find, if you don't mind. These threads are far more useful if others looking for the same info can read what you experienced.

Have FUN - YOU DESERVE IT!

MSR

Old 05-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Thank you MSR : )

We are going to check it out this weekend for a day trip, esp. Evelee's properties since they are dog friendly. I"ll be more comfortable if we scout it out first. Am hoping to hear back from the Chamber/Evelee about doggy day camps in the area. I'll report back here with my findings!

Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Talking Looking Forward to the Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Thank you MSR : )

We are going to check it out this weekend for a day trip, esp. Evelee's properties since they are dog friendly. I"ll be more comfortable if we scout it out first. Am hoping to hear back from the Chamber/Evelee about doggy day camps in the area. I'll report back here with my findings!
Good deal. I wasn't quite sure if Sage would allow Evelee's post to remain.

Be careful and have fun.

MSR

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
Can't wait to see the pictures

Old 05-30-2009, 06:35 PM

We just got back from an awesome day trip to Lava Hot Springs. Can't wait to go back! We went tubing, hot springing, warm water sliding, pizza and ice cream eating, all for under $150 for one adult and three teens. Checked out the Oregon Trail Motel, at least the lobby, and they have really good coffee. The only thing we'll do differently next time is bring the skateboards too, to keep the teens busy while I soak longer ; )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho