Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 AM

39,789 posts, read 26,271,486 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty excited, I'm finally getting a long weekend to go out and play. ATV Nation is a national website of ATV enthuists (OK so this old boy can't spell). They typically hit a new spot every year, and came to Wallace in '07. The area was so popular they are back again this year. Here are pics from the '07 ride. ATV Nation - Ride the Nation! (http://www.atvnation.com/forum/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=2662 - broken link)

I can't wait to get out and play, I'll post some pics next week. Anyway, I'll be "off the net" for a few days, see ya soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 11:59 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,426,514 times
You LUCKY DOG!!! That will be super cool! I cant make it this year, but next year I'll get the Arctic Cat 4X4 all dialed in and I am SO there!!

Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
You LUCKY DOG!!! That will be super cool! I cant make it this year, but next year I'll get the Arctic Cat 4X4 all dialed in and I am SO there!!
I don't know if the ATVNation ride will be there, but there is an annual ATV Jamborie in Wallace every year. The various clubs also do rides most every weekend. Besides, we'll just have to get together and ride, plenty of places to explore. I haven't killed anyone yet...but there have been some broken bones and hospital visits. We're trying to minimize the carnage

Old 06-18-2009, 04:51 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,910,427 times
Have a great time Just got off of our four wheeler. But we were working with it,spraying the weeds, so not as much fun as a nice ride. Still it adds to the pleasure of having to spray. Makes it a little bit fun.

Be safe.

Chris

Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,670,579 times
Please remind everyone to stay on trails and to pick up their trash!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Please remind everyone to stay on trails and to pick up their trash!

We always do! The people I ride with all carry trash bags, we haul a bunch of other people's garbage out of the woods. Usually the ATV trails are pretty clean, the Forest Service roads open to cars, and camping spots, are another story. Slobs in the woods annoy the heck out of me.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM

Hi All, just got back from the ATV Nation ride. It was a great time (goes till the end of the week-I had to come back to work). There is a lot of fantastic country, great trails and wonderful views outside of Wallace, plus the town was great to deal with. Businesses are friendly and support the sport, it's one of the major business draws throughout the year. Lots of "Welcome back ATV Nation" signs around town. I had a minor issue with my quad (wheel bearing) but found parts and had it back up pretty quickly. Add to that, the group is a bunch of great people, lots of fun to play with. We had some overcast days and a bit of light rain, just enough to keep the dust down.

Trace, you're gonna love it! I learned some new country to show you once you make the move. If you're interested, check out the ATV Nation website: ATV Nation - Ride the Nation!. You'll need to register to see the pics, but it's free. The quads are alot of fun to ride, explore the backcountry and see areas and fantastic views that probably 1-2% of even the local population gets to enjoy. Much of the country isn't accessable by car/truck and hikers won't go far enough to see most of these areas (didn't see a hiker or horseman the whole weekend).

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 06-24-2009 at 12:06 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,426,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hi All, just got back from the ATV Nation ride. It was a great time (goes till the end of the week-I had to come back to work). There is a lot of fantastic country, great trails and wonderful views outside of Wallace, plus the town was great to deal with. Businesses are friendly and support the sport, it's one of the major business draws throughout the year. Lots of "Welcome back ATV Nation" signs around town. I had a minor issue with my quad (wheel bearing) but found parts and had it back up pretty quickly. Add to that, the group is a bunch of great people, lots of fun to play with. We had some overcast days and a bit of light rain, just enough to keep the dust down.

Trace, you're gonna love it! I learned some new country to show you once you make the move. If you're interested, check out the ATV Nation website: ATV Nation - Ride the Nation!. You'll need to register to see the pics, but it's free. The quads are alot of fun to ride, explore the backcountry and see areas and fantastic views that probably 1-2% of even the local population gets to enjoy. Much of the country isn't accessable by car/truck and hikers won't go far enough to see most of these areas (didn't see a hiker or horseman the whole weekend).
Hey great report buddy!! That sounds killer! We will for sure get together and do that.. Im sure with all those old silver mine roads and trails there is ALOT to see in that area.. Did you take any pics yourself? Lets see em!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:48 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,123 times
Toyman..

I am smelling a road trip.
Meeting up with you and Trace and then rolling around on my quad with you guys

I never thought I would ever get a quad.. I tell my son " quads are for chicks".
Now I see the beneifits of having a spray rig / lawn mower / utility vehicle and something to chase you 2 on.
So WHEN we finally get to move to Emmett I need a quad and a camper shell for the back of my truck.

Best part is my wife would love to see me go with you two.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Toyman..

I am smelling a road trip.
Meeting up with you and Trace and then rolling around on my quad with you guys

I never thought I would ever get a quad.. I tell my son " quads are for chicks".
Now I see the beneifits of having a spray rig / lawn mower / utility vehicle and something to chase you 2 on.
So WHEN we finally get to move to Emmett I need a quad and a camper shell for the back of my truck.

Best part is my wife would love to see me go with you two.
Sounds great, you have a place to stay! Riding with a group is alot of fun, and just 2-4 is perfect. Enough to support each other when we get lost, but not so bad that it's a zoo. I've been working to record all the rides I go on with the GPS. Hopefully I can run them without getting too lost!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho