Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 AM

107 posts, read 278,909 times

Advertisements

What do you think of your utilities there? Would like to hear from different area to know about cost.
Example we have a 1200 sq.ft home on 1.62 acres. We set our AC at 75 in April the electric bill is $200, by the end of summer it is typically $800-900 dollars JUST for electricity per month! The only other electric thin in the house is the stove!
With the same info property taxes on this house is $2100!!

Our water bill is $90 a month regardless if it's summer or winter ??? really weird, on city water.

Gas bill is decent.

What about car registration?

Anything else you want to pitch in there..grocery costs for a good steak? etc..

What is car gas going for there right now? $2.50 here. Do you find vehicle insurance decent?

Again I am looking at Boise, Pocatello,Idaho falls...but would like to hear from all over including the panhandle areas like CDA etc..
thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
If you search the forum all of this information is already available.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 PM

ok, will try to locate! thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 PM

382 posts, read 1,033,195 times
Everything costs less here. Except the fuel it is more. It won't always be cheaper though. As people move here things that used to be cheap are now raising in price. It's a sign of the times. I am sure it used to be cheaper where you live twenty years ago. Idaho used to be like going back twenty years in time. It's quickly changing..

Old 07-26-2009, 02:00 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage44 View Post
Example we have a 1200 sq.ft home on 1.62 acres. We set our AC at 75 in April the electric bill is $200, by the end of summer it is typically $800-900 dollars JUST for electricity per month! The only other electric thin in the house is the stove!
With the same info property taxes on this house is $2100!!
Pulled from a prior post of mine:

<snip>

Our utilities here are low compared to SoCal, but with our winters it gets expensive in North Idaho. The house we built has upper/lower heating/cooling units and dual water heaters, and we like it at 75 in the winter and 70 in the summer and even though we used high quality double paned low-E windows, we have a LOT of glass. Even with blown-in and spray foam insulation throughout/over/under, good design for flow, etc, we average about $.17 per square foot per month electrical bill in the winter, and about $.09 per sf/month in the summer. But that is with several kids and a LOT of laundry and dishes and lights and several computers and electronic components running and a heated garage. We have LP gas for laundry dryer and gas cooktop only. Everything else is electric.

</snip>

Quote:
Our water bill is $90 a month regardless if it's summer or winter ??? really weird, on city water.
Many places you go in NID outside of PF or CDA or Sandpoint proper, you'll be on well/septic. So ZERO cost for water if you go that route (like us). I don't know the city water rates though, sorry.

Quote:
What about car registration?
Car registration is dirt cheap. I think it was $45 or so for a TWO year renewal last time I was in. I renewed my car, boat, and ATV all for about $65-70 IIRC.

Quote:
What is car gas going for there right now? $2.50 here. Do you find vehicle insurance decent?
Gas is $2.55-$2.75 for regular unleaded depending. CDA is always cheaper than Sandpoint (we're a resort area).

HTH

Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM

SOS- thank you..I was trying to find those posts but hadn't ran acrossed them yet.
That is very helpful!

ejay-Sorry that stuff is going up there...but I understand what you are saying

Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
For me being from Slow Cal the fuel prices are MUCH better in N.Id.. About 20 cents a gallon or more cheaper. Also on my recent trip I really took note of how much better the prices were on food and stuff.. Except for the price of citrus fruit which I was amazed at.. Here they just about give away oranges and lemons.. Up there I saw limes for .69 each!! Here they are 4 Lbs for a dollar..Ha!!

Im thinking a citrus importing business might be a good idea'r....LOL..

Old 07-26-2009, 03:54 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
I guess it's better getting caught by the ISP with a 5 pound bag of Oranges under my front seat
Getting him to believe that they fit in that pipe is another story.

There must be 10000 bucks worth of oranges on the trees in my front yard.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:54 PM

that is weird about citrus! but you would think Texas beef captital and low prices, NO way!! very few cuts to choose from and pricey

Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Talking Hmmm, Oranges in a Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
I guess it's better getting caught by the ISP with a 5 pound bag of Oranges under my front seat
Getting him to believe that they fit in that pipe is another story.

There must be 10000 bucks worth of oranges on the trees in my front yard.
Yip, DR, oranges would be better. Trace may be onto something about importing citrus. Distribution and cost of citrus fruit (and other CA fruits) is much higher in ID. But, on the east coast, eating a WA apple costs more as well.

About getting the ISP to believe an Orange fits in your Pipe.........I've been meaning to ask you how is your shoulder recovery coming along, DR?

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 07-27-2009 at 01:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho