Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Hehheh...the local scuttlebutt (at least among the teenagers at rival highschools) is that Clark Fork is where all the cousins marry. Or to be short: Inbred. 'Course, there's a little bit of that all over this area. Just a few miles away we have a neighbor married to his first cousin. They both had to agree not to reproduce or the family would turn them in. Even so, the woman flushed her pills down the toilet in a sneaky attempt to subvert the "no kids" rule. Too late...hubby had already snuck off to be fixed.
Disaster averted.
That's....disturbing....

LedZep-keep in mind that up here you have a fair chance of landing a woman that has her own 4x4, rifle and ATV, plus knows how to dress out an elk! What more can you ask for??? Best of all, most of the women around here don't have the attitudes common to big cities. While some are "asthetically challanged" as alluded to above, face it, thats true anywhere. I would say on average we have more attractive women around here than most places.

Here's some info on a local Jeep club: North Idaho Trail Blazers

One caution, to get a resident hunting license you have to live in the state for some period of time before the season opens. I believe it's 6 months, otherwise you have to go with (expensive) non-resident licensce and tags.

Git-r-done!

Clark Fork Fantast-welcome back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's....disturbing....

LedZep-keep in mind that up here you have a fair chance of landing a woman that has her own 4x4, rifle and ATV, plus knows how to dress out an elk! What more can you ask for??? Best of all, most of the women around here don't have the attitudes common to big cities. While some are "asthetically challanged" as alluded to above, face it, thats true anywhere. I would say on average we have more attractive women around here than most places.

Here's some info on a local Jeep club: North Idaho Trail Blazers

One caution, to get a resident hunting license you have to live in the state for some period of time before the season opens. I believe it's 6 months, otherwise you have to go with (expensive) non-resident licensce and tags.

Git-r-done!

I agree!!! One time I was up there and saw two BEAUTIFUL gals driving a tricked out Jeep Wrangler.. They had the top off(the jeep;-) and were both wearing bikini's... Uuuuhhh I almost drove off the road and crashed into a road sign..HA!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
I agree!!! One time I was up there and saw two BEAUTIFUL gals driving a tricked out Jeep Wrangler.. They had the top off(the jeep;-) and were both wearing bikini's... Uuuuhhh I almost drove off the road and crashed into a road sign..HA!!!!
I've had more close calls than I care to think about for much the same reason

There's supposed to be a good mud bog event up in Moyie Springs. 4x4s, mud, and a good party, sounds like something to check out.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:22 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,132 times
Quote:
I've had more close calls than I care to think about for much the same reason

There's supposed to be a good mud bog event up in Moyie Springs. 4x4s, mud, and a good party, sounds like something to check out.
CYA disclaimer...Im married, I was just looking at the JEEP...HAHAHAHAHA BTW good thing to know, Mud Bogs are a BLAST!!

Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
CYA disclaimer...Im married, I was just looking at the JEEP...HAHAHAHAHA BTW good thing to know, Mud Bogs are a BLAST!!
Yep, me too. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I've never made it to the mud bogs either, one of these days...

Here's something else that could prove entertaining: [MOD CUT]

And just in case anyone gets the wrong idea about Idaho, this one's in Montana.

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 08-05-2009 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Content

Old 08-04-2009, 10:50 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Quote:
Thanks, Toyman! Here I am, back in the gutter with you guys!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 AM

Oops...the link I put in my last post has a photo gallery in it. Lets just say some of the pics aren't up to CDF standards of decorum, if a mod wants to delete the link please feel free to do so. My apologies, I should have looked at what was there before posting.

BTW, the link is/was about a "Rocky Mountain Oyster" festival in Rock Creek, MT.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the cut Sage.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Quote:
Oops...the link I put in my last post has a photo gallery in it. Lets just say some of the pics aren't up to CDF standards of decorum, if a mod wants to delete the link please feel free to do so. My apologies, I should have looked at what was there before posting.

BTW, the link is/was about a "Rocky Mountain Oyster" festival in Rock Creek, MT.
That reminds me of when we were in Glacier some years ago. We had dinner at the (pretty expensive and somewhat stuffy) restaurant at Lake McDonald Lodge, and I asked if they had Rocky Mountain Oysters! Well, they didn't, and they obviously didn't know what I was talking about. I didn't really want the "oysters," I just wanted to see the waiter's reaction. But I did help out at a cattle roundup and branding years ago, and the cowboys collected the "oysters" in a cardboard lid, and served them up later that night at the barbecue! Maybe we can talk recipes over on the NID porch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho