Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 PM

15 posts, read 24,345 times

Advertisements

I tried the search function but it didn't produce much, sorry if I overlooked something.

I’m hoping…really hoping…to be able to make a trip up to NID next spring. I’ve got the flyer miles but I don’t relish the idea of spending $100+ each night on a hotel room. Most of the searches I've done have been pretty pricy but I don't know where I"m looking so...

Can anybody recommend a clean, decent inexpensive (sub $100/night) place to stay in the CDA area?
It doesn’t have to be downtown, so somewhere in the area is fine. PF, Hayden, Rathdrum etc.

I’ve wanted to explore NID ever since crossing through on our way back from Yellowstone over 8 years ago. I grew up in the California mountains and was drawn to the area immediately. Pure beauty.

Trace told me in a PM that if my wife takes one trip up there she’ll want to move…I’m holding him to it and hoping he’s right!

Thanks all, great website and I’ve been lurking for some time now!
Best,
-Glen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,536 times
We like the Flamingo on Sherman. Clean and cozy and you are right there within walking distance of the whole resort area. Proprietor is nice to talk too and has good tips on restaurants etc.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 AM

Thanks Elousv, I'll check them out!

Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
If you're going to explore NID, then consider including Sandpoint for at least one night. I think we'd all recommend the Edgewater, but for reasonable and clean accomodations I'd go for the new Days Inn in Ponderay. It used to have another name; we stayed there the first week of its name/owner change in June, and it's nice and basic, and set back from the main road, so it's fairly quiet.
Days Inn | Ponderay Idaho Hotel | Ponderay, ID 83852 | Near Hot Tub Room, Fitness Center & Elks Golf Club of Sandpoint - .5 Mile

Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM

Thanks CFF, that is a little closer to my budget. And I definitely plan on checking out Sandpoint and all areas around. I commute 100 miles a day right now, so the distances around CDA are nothing to me.
Looking forward to breathing in that air and seeing the country one day.

Best,
-Glen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho