Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
I was told to visit at least once during every season. As a disabled person, I have to plan my visits accordingly to allow for bringing help with me. I had planned on visiting this winter, but it is taking longer than expected to heal from my back surgery. Now that I have rods and screws installed along with missing part of two vertebrae, I really need to visit when it's cold to see if the cold will interact adversely with my arthritis or with the new hardware. I simply cannot handle the 110-120 degree, 7 months of no rain kind of weather any more where I live now.
A friend here in Boise has a plate and screws in her neck. She has to take care to not let her neck get chilled, because apparently the metal gets cold first and makes the rest of her neck hurt. This starts at about 40 degrees. Your sensitivity may vary... as a contrary example, my sister's husband had a rod the size of your thumb in his back most of his life and it never bothered him in the cold (and he's a skier).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
My daughter has a plate in her collarbone and is planning on having it removed. The cold definitely bothers it.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 PM

274 posts, read 471,817 times
Sorry that we hijacked the thread... we'll bring it back. Thanks for the info on that. I think it depends on the individual people on whether or not it will bother them. Maybe when I'm up there, I can find a house with a nice porch like Misty's. I was also informed that the best way to get a feel for a place is to rent for the first year or so and then decide if you want to buy a house to stay. For sure that any place I get will have a porch on it so that I can take pictures from the porch. ;-)

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM

294 posts, read 544,329 times
A nice porch rocks.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
Sorry that we hijacked the thread... we'll bring it back. Thanks for the info on that. I think it depends on the individual people on whether or not it will bother them. Maybe when I'm up there, I can find a house with a nice porch like Misty's. I was also informed that the best way to get a feel for a place is to rent for the first year or so and then decide if you want to buy a house to stay. For sure that any place I get will have a porch on it so that I can take pictures from the porch. ;-)
I don't think you could hijack our Porch chat thread even if you tried...unless you want to discuss serious issues! Then we'll just gently steer you toward creating a new thread on the forum! This is where we hang out and talk about everything under the sun (and snow). Good luck with the surgery and the healing process. I don't think you have to come and experience every season, either, except you'll have a lot of fun doing it, so if you need an excuse, just go ahead! Spring is wet and muddy and sometimes glorious, summer is heaven, and fall is crisp, colorful and lovely. Not going to comment on winter!

Yes, you gotta have a porch. We can't all have Misty's porch or Misty's view, but there are plenty of neat porches in NID . Renting for a year or at least 6 months is the safe thing to do, but if you've done a lot of research already, and you've visited several times, if you come across a home for sale with that perfect porch in the right location, then maybe you should grab it before the prices go up again...

Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM

Even a porch with no view can be great. This one is in town.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM

274 posts, read 471,817 times
Thanks CFF and Javatom, that truly is a beautiful porch.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,178 times
Javatom, that is a beautiful porch.. where is that house located?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM

2 blocks north of sherman ave. in cda

Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
Indeed, that is a beautiful porch there in Coeur d' Alene, ID!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho