Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,743,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What, all those apples no hard cider???
They make cider, but sadly, not the hard variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
They make cider, but sadly, not the hard variety.
Bummer! My wife's apple trees are just starting to bear fruit, I think she got 4 apples this year. No way she'll let me "cider" them .

Oh well, it's a lot less effort to buy it anyway. One of my favorite winter drinks is hot apple cider, apple schnapes and a cinimmon stick. Right up there with hot chocolate and peppermint schnapes. Wait a sec, how did I get thinking about wintertime drinks? I'm not ready yet!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Now you've done it, Toyman, I'm thinking winter drinks, too! When the time is right I'll tell you guys how to make Scandinavian mulled red wine, glögg ...but that requires twilight at 5 pm! I'm not ready for that, either...
Guess what? We're having a thunderstorm right now, with big fat raindrops, muggy but entertaining, and quite a relief. Yesterday the humidity was single digits, 90 degrees and red flag fire warning...we're so tired of the heat...
And I see it's been snowing in NID!!!!
Misty, I hope the weather improves for your event in WA. Have a good weekend, guys!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Thanks CFF. Those winter drinks sound pretty good tonight. No drinking for me anyway. I have to go pick my daughter up from homecoming tonight. The snow level is supposed to drop to 4000 feet but we're at about 2600 feet so none for us. Good.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:37 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
Well we were headed in a different direction for tummy food. We had our first batch of Beans last night. OH Boy so yummy. Put them in in the morning before we headed back down to the big city and it sure was nice to come home to a good dinner waiting already done. the house smelled so good when we walked in the door. Funny how the thermometer changes your taste buds from BLT's to Beans.

Chris

Old 10-03-2009, 04:47 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,771 times
Had to move some gang bangers off of my trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-inspection-follow-up-done-007.jpg  

Old 10-03-2009, 05:50 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
LOL Fisherman.

The Midvale Buzzards have gone south already and right now the Geese are feeding on the harvested grain fields.

It is raining here today. Will not complain as we needed it. Will make digging out the last batch if weeds easier if it does not snow tonight. Then we will not worry about those weeds.

Chris

Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM

5 posts, read 12,245 times
May I come up on the porch? Hubby and Family and I are presently in Georgia (UGH!) outside Atlanta, but are hoping to move to Northern ID in about two years (give or take, depending on job situation).

We're planning to take a vacation up that direction next May (once school is out), to get a little bit of a feel for the area. I'm SO SICK of the city. Before Atlanta (here not quite two years--don't like it), I was outside Milwaukee. That was a little more rural, in places... but still too close to too big. Ick. I'm a farmer girl at heart, I think. we have rabbits, chickens & turkeys on our tiny almost two acres, and wouldn't you know it, the city doesn't like the poultry, though it's not against the law--they're trying to change that. Before Milwaukee, I was in Tucson for 10 years, and before that mid-Michigan for 17. One year in upper Michigan at college (Mich Tech), so I am somewhat familiar with hard winters.

Any thoughts or ideas for a wanna-be western girl?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmaloy View Post
May I come up on the porch? Hubby and Family and I are presently in Georgia (UGH!) outside Atlanta, but are hoping to move to Northern ID in about two years (give or take, depending on job situation).

We're planning to take a vacation up that direction next May (once school is out), to get a little bit of a feel for the area. I'm SO SICK of the city. Before Atlanta (here not quite two years--don't like it), I was outside Milwaukee. That was a little more rural, in places... but still too close to too big. Ick. I'm a farmer girl at heart, I think. we have rabbits, chickens & turkeys on our tiny almost two acres, and wouldn't you know it, the city doesn't like the poultry, though it's not against the law--they're trying to change that. Before Milwaukee, I was in Tucson for 10 years, and before that mid-Michigan for 17. One year in upper Michigan at college (Mich Tech), so I am somewhat familiar with hard winters.

Welcome! I spent 4 years in east Cobb County and 10 years in the Phoenix area before finding heaven in north Idaho seven years ago. Good luck!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:56 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmaloy View Post
Welcome to the Porch! Some of us on the porch live in North ID or elsewhere in ID, some of us are in the process of putting down roots, and some of us just wanna be there, I guess! You'll have all winter to look at threads of this forum and get a feel for NID that way, while you're planning your May trip. Late May is a fantastic time to visit--snow on the mountains, and the lilacs and chestnuts will be in bloom--we'll be going up to work on our property ourselves in May, if not sooner. Wish I could go for a quick visit this fall--rain, slush, snow, I don't care...
Get Google Earth and "travel" the roads and get an idea of the scenery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho