Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 11:18 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I went into my pantry yesterday to get powdered sugar. I picked the bag up and it poofed powdered sugar all over me and all over the floor. A mouse had chewed a big hole in the bag.

I looked around and a mouse had taken every bean out of a 5 pound bag of dry pinto beans, gotten into a bag of popcorn kernels, and opened a bag of Cheetos (which I had bought to go into a batch of Chex mix)

So yesterday was a refresh mouse protection day.

Mice were not triggering existing trap or eating the bait bars that were already in the pantry. Someone on line had said that mice can't resist the filling in Oreos, so we bought a bag of Oreos... and a brand new bag of powdered sugar.

I was making cream cheese icing for cinnamon rolls and so we baited some mouse traps with Oreo filling and some with cream cheese icing.

The cream cheese icing caught us one mouse last night, because, after all, who doesn't like cream cheese icing?

Darn mice. There is not a lot of down side to living out ni the country, but the mice sure do find a way in when it gets cold outside.

We currently have 12 cats in the house. The only time we have mice...is when the cats bring them in to play with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 11:33 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Back when I had 3 house cats, I went away for 3 weeks... Cats had food up on the kitchen counter, and their own door... came home to find three lazy cats lying around like divas, with a LIVE MOUSE on the bed between 'em, and half the cat food had been stolen by mice and was the kitchen drawers. Mind you two of these were good hunters outdoors, but indoors? Phhbt, not our problem!

Old 01-10-2020, 02:24 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,542 times
Big snow storm forecast for the panhandle over the next few days. We could get up to 30" by Sunday, and there is a chance of snow in the forecast every day for the next week.

Stay safe everyone!

#LetitSnow

Dave

Old 01-10-2020, 04:10 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,766,843 times
So they say. Took the pups out this morning for a two-mile walk at Higgen's Point. Figured it would be pretty deserted, which it was. It was peaceful. Started snowing about an hour earlier than forecast, but the dogs didn't really care. Passed a hard-core lady jogger twice. The snowy wind in your face really wasn't a pleasant experience.

Ran a few errands on the way home and the roads are in pretty good shape. Noticed that they were spraying earlier this morning in anticipation.

There's a ballroom dance tomorrow evening in CdA. Think I might just hunker down instead for the duration. Forecast is ever changing. Current shows 0°F (-18°C) Tuesday night. That's cold!

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Big snow storm forecast for the panhandle over the next few days. We could get up to 30" by Sunday, and there is a chance of snow in the forecast every day for the next week.

Stay safe everyone!

#LetitSnow

Dave
The forecast is for a string of storms, each coming about 24 hours apart.

A group of storms like this can really catch a person unawares, so Dave says it right- stay safe. If you plan on traveling, be sure to take a few necessary extras along that will help you stay warm and dry. Some energy bars and plenty of water, too.

If you do slide off, stay inside your car if possible.

Better safe than sorry.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:57 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
All the snow I haven't gotten so far this year was stored up and dumped on my place yesterday. It's keeping the snow blower busy.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:11 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,542 times
We ended up with a total of a little over 14" at our place over the past 3 days. A decent amount that brings us back up towards the average for the year, but not even the low end of the forecast range of snowfall from these storms, which was for 15-30".

These storms seemed to track south of us a little, as I know friends in Cocollala and Athol got much more.

Dave

Old 01-13-2020, 06:50 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,766,843 times
We got about 12" last night in Rathdrum. Didn't expect that much. Strange this time. It seems to have been warm enough to melt a bit, then freeze with the snow on top. A dry snow, so my electric snow blower did fine this time. But, it didn't get the ice.

Gotta get the garage organized next summer so that I can park the car inside next winter.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-14-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
......Gotta get the garage organized next summer so that I can park the car inside next winter.

Car inside is wonderful. I had to go into town twice yesterday and I was driving on roads filled with cars carrying large loads of snow on roofs, beds, bumpers, license plates and mirrors covered with icy snow.

My little car was clean and dry, no snow, no frost, no steamed windows. Just fire it up and back out of the garage. I don't even need to warm the engine up because it is warmer in the garage than it is outside. (except I had to snow blow the driveway before I could drive out of the garage,)

Old 01-14-2020, 08:26 AM

Sigh. I woke up this morning to more snow, so another day of snow blowing.

I find I have to keep doing it because if I let the snow sit, it becomes heavy or even icy and then the snow blower doesn't handle it as well. The snow blower also doesn't like it when the snow is deep. If I can get it moved while it is fresh and fluffy, it is a relatively quick job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho