Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times

Advertisements

Over the summer I rode a Jet Ski right under poles with eagles nests on them.. They are towards the south end of lake CdA by the bridge sticking maybe 10' out of the water... Bald eagles just sitting there looking down at me while I rode around the nests... It was pretty amazing... Seeing a Bald Eagle is like seeing a celeb.. You see them all the time on TV and in media but hardly ever see one up close.. Well unless your in Idaho..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:30 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
Saw five Bald Eagles standing on the ice just east of the Longview Bridge. Apparently eating the coots for breakfast that get stuck in the ice. MMMMM cootsicles.
Dude, that's just wrong. But so funny to a twisted SOB like me

Old 12-11-2009, 11:33 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Over the summer I rode a Jet Ski right under poles with eagles nests on them.. They are towards the south end of lake CdA by the bridge sticking maybe 10' out of the water... Bald eagles just sitting there looking down at me while I rode around the nests... It was pretty amazing... Seeing a Bald Eagle is like seeing a celeb.. You see them all the time on TV and in media but hardly ever see one up close.. Well unless your in Idaho..
They are cool to see, I remember the first time I saw them when I moved out. Spent about an hour just watching. A couple times a summer we have the battle of the raptors around here. A bald eagle will decide to try fishing in the lake. The local osprey population doesn't seem to be too enamored with that idea, they dive bomb the eagles. Reminds me of a little fighter plane making a pass at a bomber. How many places can you see that?

On a different note, did anyone stop by for Sarah Palin's book signing down in CDA? I didn't, wasn't about to stand around in the cold that long. My neighbor knew the family back in the day, went to school with her father up in Sandpoint.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

On a different note, did anyone stop by for Sarah Palin's book signing down in CDA? I didn't, wasn't about to stand around in the cold that long. My neighbor knew the family back in the day, went to school with her father up in Sandpoint.
I would have checked that out had I known.. I think she's cool even if the media loves to bash on her non stop... I guess she went to college right there on the lake so it makes sense for her to visit...

BTW thats gotta be a heck of an airshow TM... I would love to see some of that..

Old 12-12-2009, 02:19 AM

420 posts, read 1,193,870 times
It's really tough reading everything here. Palin, Bald Eagles, Gun show's. Cabela's and ATV stuff. I think I am gonna cry.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:43 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Yeah, you go ahead and cry your tears of joy! Here I am, no Cabela's, no bald eagles ... but we do have a gun show this weekend! Tried to make it there yesterday, but it rained so hard that freeway traffic was hazardous, so we'll try again today. I'm going to pick up a custom-made tooled gun belt. Something to bring to Trace's Hoot 'n Shoot! That should make up for not being able to see a couple of bald eagles on the ice...

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 12-29-2009 at 12:57 AM..

Old 12-14-2009, 05:16 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,870 times
Practice your quick draw and pretend your chewing tobacco. Nobody will mess with you and you will fit right in up here.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Can I chew black licorice instead? I'm good at that! The gun rig turned out to be just breathtaking--if you like that sort of thing!

So, you guys in NID, are you getting snow yet? It's in the forecast, says the Spokesman-Review. We went and got our Christmas tree on Sunday, a nice crisp day of no more than 63 degrees! Sure enough, the tree lot was right under a row of palm trees...

Old 12-15-2009, 10:21 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
The CDA web cams are showing snow!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Can I chew black licorice instead? I'm good at that! The gun rig turned out to be just breathtaking--if you like that sort of thing!

So, you guys in NID, are you getting snow yet? It's in the forecast, says the Spokesman-Review. We went and got our Christmas tree on Sunday, a nice crisp day of no more than 63 degrees! Sure enough, the tree lot was right under a row of palm trees...
Hi - Just be sure to suck your teeth clean before you smile!

Can someone here post a CDA webcam link so I can check in now & then? I love that area but haven't been there since 1981. It would be lovely to see how it is now. I mean, besides the snow, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho