Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 PM

134 posts, read 603,616 times

Advertisements

There are lots of little town in the North Idaho pandhandle like Rathdrum, Spirit Lake or Clark Fork. that would fit your bill.
I am a Realtor and I work with a lot of people that relocate here, I tell them that life is a big circle and if you take care of people than they take of you, like Pacalady's story.

A lot of people move here to escape a "cultural" invasion in their hometowns and want to move to a simpler life the way their hometowns were 15 years ago.
From my experience they make their new communities stronger by being invloved in scouts, PTA etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacalady View Post
As for Californian residents moving to this area, here in Post Falls, everyone fits in just fine. The new Calif resident's are just as willing to help out on a moments notice if help is needed to the Idaho resident ..... case in point:

I had an alpaca mom in labor a few years ago. My husband was at a show competition in Oregon with our trailer. I had no way to get the distressed mom to WSU for help after our local vet had evaluated the situation.

My Calif neighbor was experienced in hooking up a trailer... my other neighbor had a horse trailer we could borrow. Calif neighbor said "I'll be right there!" when I called and told them we had an emergency (and borrowing the neigbor's horse trailer wasn't a problem). Our Calif neighbor delivered the alpaca mom in distress 2 1/2 hours away to WSU, where he had never been, and I am so thankful to this neigbor and WSU for saving not only the alpalca mom, but her baby (called a cria) and that same cria who is now a a mom, just delivered her own baby cria in July!

None of this could have happend without the help of our "California" neigbor, who so generously and willing to came our aid!

Yes Californians, you are welcome in my neighborhood ....which is all of the North Idaho Panhandle. You are awesome!

PacaLady
PacaLady,
Thanks for a wonderful post! For one thing, your alpaca story is really moving, and for another, it is heartwarming for all us Idafornians who are/will be trying to be good ID citizens to encounter such a positive attitude--after reading the (well-meant, I'm sure) advice not to let on that we come from CA . And thanks for speaking up for the NID Panhandle. Hope to see you on the Porch!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:47 PM

8 posts, read 16,269 times
You all are so sweet! It makes me want to move there all the more, and right now!

Would you say that CDA is more expensive than Post Falls? Just in general. I'm guessing CDA is more expensive; but would you say that a college student, or a newly married couple just starting their careers, could flourish there in terms of finances?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 PM

180 posts, read 748,399 times
Default Never ending story from the Alpaca Farm

Yet again, our neighbors have come to our aid ...... and here in Post Falls where I live, we are all like family ....

Another emergency recently with an alpaca meant that we needed to transport a mom needing a c-section..... this time we had the truck to pull it, but earlier in the week we took a cria to WSU with her mom extensive care with an infection in the bone....and had left left the trailer at WSU.

On this day, we had our last mom go into labor, and unable to deliver because the baby cria was very large, and breech, a c-section was necessary. No trailer! Our same neighbor willingly loaned us theirs (and said "WHENEVER you have an emergency, you just go get it! Leave us a note on the house door that you've taken it if we're not home! WHATEVER else you need, just come get it!"

This is what living in Idaho is all about!

I am happy to say that all of our alpacas are healthy, and doing well....going back to WSU for follow-ups next week.

As is my motto: "Life is Good"

PacaLady

Old 08-26-2009, 03:32 PM

8 posts, read 16,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacalady View Post
Yet again, our neighbors have come to our aid ...... and here in Post Falls where I live, we are all like family ....

Another emergency recently with an alpaca meant that we needed to transport a mom needing a c-section..... this time we had the truck to pull it, but earlier in the week we took a cria to WSU with her mom extensive care with an infection in the bone....and had left left the trailer at WSU.

On this day, we had our last mom go into labor, and unable to deliver because the baby cria was very large, and breech, a c-section was necessary. No trailer! Our same neighbor willingly loaned us theirs (and said "WHENEVER you have an emergency, you just go get it! Leave us a note on the house door that you've taken it if we're not home! WHATEVER else you need, just come get it!"

This is what living in Idaho is all about!

I am happy to say that all of our alpacas are healthy, and doing well....going back to WSU for follow-ups next week.

As is my motto: "Life is Good"

PacaLady
How wonderful! I love hearing your stories and your experiences. Perhaps someday I'll come visit your farm! (When I was younger, I used to want an Alpaca, so I do think a visit is necessary ;] )

Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM

180 posts, read 748,399 times
Default Visitors are ALWAYS welcome here

Moosetart and Everyone reading this post:

You are always welcome to visit our farm with just a phone call to set up a time! We LOVE visitors.... but we do need to go to the feed-store (not just the farm one, but the human one) once in a while.... so need to know when you'd like to come!

We routinely host Head-Start and Special Needs Program children groups from local schools; Senior Citizens; tourists; and people interested in learning more about these amazing animals. There is no 'fee' of any kind ..... we just want to share in our experiences in day-to-day life with them .... and as you already know, the wonderfully kind response from our neighbors when we have a real emergency here on the farm ..... although it is rare, it DOES happen! We also have taken our alpacas to special events at local Assisted Living Homes etc. As I said, we LOVE to share!

In fact tomorrow we have a Grandma bringing her 3 and 6 yr old Grandchildren to visit. They picked up our brochure while attending a local Spin-In where we are an annual vendor ...G-ma met us over a year ago and decided it would be a great adventure for the children. Since we have 6 cria (alpaca babies) who are very inquisitive about everything, I know it will be a great time for them and the kids. I'll try to get photos to post!

Good Luck in your quest, Moosetart! You're going to love any part of Idaho you choose! And it sounds like you will fit in just fine!

PacaLady
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho