U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 6,216 times

Advertisements

Well I just accepted a job offer in Pocatello and will be moving up there in about a month. I was just curious as to where I should look for living arrangements. I'm going to rent at least the first year I'm up there so I was wondering if anyone knew of any good apt's, duplex, or I'm also considering townhomes/condos. Any help would be appreciated!.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 AM

31 posts, read 74,010 times
Price range would help us in giving advice, and who did you hire on with if you don't mind me asking?

Old 09-28-2009, 05:18 PM

634 posts, read 2,255,274 times
Also, do you have an SO coming with you (at some point in the future)? Any pets? Special needs/wants (e.g. a fireplace, etc.)?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,837,524 times
Question Is pw72's old address available?

I agree with the earlier comments. That is a very broad question. Will you be a college student, someone coming to work for a chain retailer/restaurant, or a new layer of administration at PMC? The income brackets are not the same.

Plus, Breer23 makes a good point, it not only matters what YOU want, but others who will be moving with you. Do you have kids and are schools an issue?

You may want to contact pw72 as he just moved to Idaho Falls recently. Potentially, his former address is available....

More information would be helpful to know how to better answer your question. Also, I haven't seen TwinPrism around for a while, but hope he still checks in. TwinPrism is someone you could DM or ask a question of here. He knows the Pocatello area well.

MSR

Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM

3,970 posts, read 13,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I agree with the earlier comments. That is a very broad question. Will you be a college student, someone coming to work for a chain retailer/restaurant, or a new layer of administration at PMC? The income brackets are not the same.

Plus, Breer23 makes a good point, it not only matters what YOU want, but others who will be moving with you. Do you have kids and are schools an issue?

You may want to contact pw72 as he just moved to Idaho Falls recently. Potentially, his former address is available....

More information would be helpful to know how to better answer your question. Also, I haven't seen TwinPrism around for a while, but hope he still checks in. TwinPrism is someone you could DM or ask a question of here. He knows the Pocatello area well.

MSR
Well, I guess I better respond. I was renting a condo on the east bench. As far as I know it is available. If the OP wants more info they can PM me.

I have found Pocatello to be "rental-sufficient", but with that having been said, not a huge amount of options. I found IF with quite a bit more variety when it comes to rentals, and generally better quality. IF also has a number of what I call suburban-type complexes, complete with clubhouse, many ammenities, etc, where Poky is more working-type apartments/condos, probably having a lot to do with ISU...there is only one large community of apartments/townhomes in Bannock Co, that being in Chubbuck just north of I-86.

Generally, rents for apartments range from around $475-600 for a 1-br, $500-650 for a 2-br in the Pocatello area. Townhomes with garages are a bit more. Homes can vary greatly, but add atleast a couple hundred to those prices generally. Of course, you can find less or more, that is just an average.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,837,524 times
Cool Very Helpful Information IMHO....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Well, I guess I better respond. I was renting a condo on the east bench. As far as I know it is available. If the OP wants more info they can PM me.

I have found Pocatello to be "rental-sufficient", but with that having been said, not a huge amount of options. I found IF with quite a bit more variety when it comes to rentals, and generally better quality. IF also has a number of what I call suburban-type complexes, complete with clubhouse, many ammenities, etc, where Poky is more working-type apartments/condos, probably having a lot to do with ISU...there is only one large community of apartments/townhomes in Bannock Co, that being in Chubbuck just north of I-86.

Generally, rents for apartments range from around $475-600 for a 1-br, $500-650 for a 2-br in the Pocatello area. Townhomes with garages are a bit more. Homes can vary greatly, but add atleast a couple hundred to those prices generally. Of course, you can find less or more, that is just an average.
Hey pw72,

Sorry, not trying to put you on the spot. I meant it more to be funny than anything - mostly. However, I thought you may know about available rentals or people to contact etc.

Hope your move went well.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. This should be a really valuable post to many this next year.

MSR-

Old 10-04-2009, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,216 times
Sorry guys I've been pretty busy with the whole moving process and just now checked back on this thread.

I'm single and won't have any one moving with me, and no pets.

Looking for a 2 bedroom but am also looking at 1 bedroom.

I'm a recent grad and will be working for an Accounting firm.

Price range would be right around 500, but no more than 550 a month.

Hopefully that answers some of the questions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho