Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:13 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Our worst experience was Sand Creek Grill. Way overpriced, tiny portions and so-so food. That was several years ago, things could have changed.
I agree with you Toyman. Our experience there was very forgettable. I think they shut down, didn't they?

Ivano's is pretty decent. And Sage is right...They are good to the community and not just to Sandpoint. They awarded two merit scholarships to Priest River students. My daughter was one of the recipients.
Every little bit helps to pay that Whitworth tuition bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 12:57 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,870 times
Man I must live like a recluse. My wife is such a good cook that we just don't go out. For example I barbecued a whole bunch of burgers last night that she will use for Tacos, Enchiladas, Taquitos, and hamburgers. When I barbecue one of her steaks the marinade makes it melt in your mouth.

She gets those big ol salmon from yokes and we barbecue that too. I guess we are just so happy to be here and love our home cooked meals so much we don't go out like we used to.

Man I sound boring but happy.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
Man I must live like a recluse. My wife is such a good cook that we just don't go out. For example I barbecued a whole bunch of burgers last night that she will use for Tacos, Enchiladas, Taquitos, and hamburgers. When I barbecue one of her steaks the marinade makes it melt in your mouth.

She gets those big ol salmon from yokes and we barbecue that too. I guess we are just so happy to be here and love our home cooked meals so much we don't go out like we used to.

Man I sound boring but happy.
We did that too for the first several years up here. But it's nice to have an evening with just my husband...away from the kids.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 AM

420 posts, read 1,193,870 times
MSR,
That makes a lot of sense. The quiet of a restaurant must be heaven after a few days with the kids yabbering at you...Plus you get waited on and don't have to clean up the spilled milk or listen to why they don't want to eat their veggies.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:12 AM

7 posts, read 15,025 times
FWIW - We really, really like the coldwater creek wine bar for apps and a glass of wine. The Dover Bay Cafe has been fantastic this year.....Loading Dock never disappoints in the summer/fall for casual outdoor dining and people watching!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelife208 View Post
FWIW - We really, really like the coldwater creek wine bar for apps and a glass of wine. The Dover Bay Cafe has been fantastic this year.....Loading Dock never disappoints in the summer/fall for casual outdoor dining and people watching!
I agree about the wine bar. I love it! Especially in winter.

We tried the new "Greek" restaurant in Sandpoint (where the Blue Moon used to be). It was only unforgettable in that I spilled an entire diet coke in my lap.
The service was interminably slow (though cheerful) and the food was kind of Greek fast food...not real greek food.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:09 PM

356 posts, read 520,540 times
Hmm, I think you folks are classier than the Lion family. We're big Elmira store aficionados. I mean, really, can life get any better than a bacon burger and a peanut butter milkshake???

Actually, since Daddy Lion is going to get here Monday with the first load of stuff (that's closing day ), you've given me some ideas for family outings....

Oh, and does anyone have feedback on the Klondyke cafe in Laclede?

Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Hmm, I think you folks are classier than the Lion family. We're big Elmira store aficionados. I mean, really, can life get any better than a bacon burger and a peanut butter milkshake???

Actually, since Daddy Lion is going to get here Monday with the first load of stuff (that's closing day ), you've given me some ideas for family outings....

Oh, and does anyone have feedback on the Klondyke cafe in Laclede?
Never been to the Klondyke but I know my 16 year old daughter's friend thinks its the best place ever. They have prime rib once a week or month (can't remember) and it's supposed to be terrific.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I agree about the wine bar. I love it! Especially in winter.

We tried the new "Greek" restaurant in Sandpoint (where the Blue Moon used to be). It was only unforgettable in that I spilled an entire diet coke in my lap.
The service was interminably slow (though cheerful) and the food was kind of Greek fast food...not real greek food.
Too bad about the Blue Moon--I liked their breakfasts. Did they move, or just close?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho