Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,503 times

Advertisements

What is Rexburg like? We are wanting to relocate form California (victorville), and are looking for:
- summers that are bearable! (max 90-100 degrees)
- winters that are likeable (mild snow, but not so mild that it doesn't last more than 2 hours -- Like victorville!)

- can have a garden!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 10:21 PM

3 posts, read 13,213 times
Default Re: Rexburg Idaho

LOL!!!! My dad married my step mom when he was stationed in George AFB in Victorville, CA and we moved a year later to Idaho Falls, ID. I love Idaho. It is safe, it is beautiful, people are people, they can be great or goofy... just depends on how offended you want to be by them. My husband and I moved to the Dallas, TX area for schooling and are moving back to the Idaho Falls area the first week of June. The schools are great, cost of living is decent and if you are outdoorsy, plenty to do. My father was raised in CA all his life and he LOVES Idaho. He loves the 4 seasons, loves snow and loves the cold. You can keep a garden (zuchini, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, corn, peas, (salsa fixins)) all grow great up there. Don't get me wrong, it can get cold in any part of Idaho, but it is doable, just dress appropriately. Snow lasts, trust me... and you will want it to go eventually. Most homes do not have air conditioning or swamp coolers, you just open windows (no bars on them) and let the breeze in. The utilities aren't that bad (Texas Utilities are crazy!!!) the schools are good enough.. (my kids can read) but like other places, there are issues but not any you can't deal with if you are proactive or laid back.... hope my answer helps...

Old 05-22-2007, 11:56 PM

39 posts, read 207,984 times
The mild summers are one of the main reasons we moved here! We lived in Utah and my husband couldn't take the heat. The summers are beautiful here, just perfect for me. I love to garden too. We are a zone 4 so we can still grow a lot of things that I could grow in Utah. The one thing I miss that we can't grow here is peach trees. But the lack of traffic makes up for it. There are a couple great places you could live in this area. We live in Rigby, and I love it. But you could also live in Rexburg, Victor, Tetonia or Driggs ( If you have a little more money). This area is such a great place to live.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 8,746 times
Thank you for the informanion about Rexburg. What ae the taxes like?
Does Idaho tax by the county, or what? How much does an acree of land cost in an are that is NOT in a floodzone? do you use well water?
Kmanch

Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,663,701 times
Rexburg. Cold and can be snowy in winter. Summers can get hot, but are short. Think of it it this way, from Salt Lake City north to Pocatello to Idaho Falls to Rexburg. All kind of in the same zone, but warmer to the south, colder to the north. Factor a 10-15 degree difference between the north and south and there you have it. Other than that, the weather is pretty much the same in this region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho