Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:42 AM

174 posts, read 430,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsterscot View Post
President Bush has lived in Texas since he was two years old. Maybe you should get your facts from someplace other than Michael Moore's website
G Herbie Walker claims to be a Texan. He was born in Minton, MA. GW Bush[ler[ claims to be a Texan. He was born in New Haven CT. They, as has been evidenced numerous times, are liars! Texas is loved by those born there, so we think its funny, when people that have changed planes in Dallas claim to be from Texas! PS.....here is a site that examples your hero's brilliance...

http://www.slate.com/id/76886/

"My relationship with this good man is where I've been focused, and that's where my concentration is. And I don't regret any other aspect of it. And so I—we filled a lot of space together."—on British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2007

"Forms of government matter, in my opinion. It matters how—the nature of the government in which people live."—Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"Wisdom and strength, and my family, is what I'd like for you to pray for."—Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

"The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the commanders? And as you know, my position is clear—I'm a commander guy."—Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

He's just an intelligence GIANT! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 04:17 PM

9 posts, read 38,726 times
we are all foreigners of this land one way or another. everyone is looking for that perfect place. low crime, low narcotics, good family values, good schools, great weather, low cost rentals or property, lots of work, with a great small town feel yet with lots of things to do. well wake up america. the good old days are slipping slipping bye almost gone. look at society today: tv, movie stars, news, music. we want, want and want. stop. look at yourself, I mean really look at you. i see families who live in great areas still have problems. families who live in poor areas are doing great. vise versa. the united states, no matter where you live it is what you make of it. family values, slow down a paste or two, quit looking for that perfect place{it doesn't exist} reading all these comments, everyone is looking for something perfect. quit running from problems and focus what you really want for your self and/or family. you might find a dream spot with some bad apples but my experience is if you dont associate yourself with that you can avoid them. put you and your family around the values you want. they are there if you look hard enough,but be true they dont just come about you have to work hard and do some changing with your self or your lifestyle. i find that the happiest people are the people who know what they want and work hard to get it instead of expecting a place, person or community to miracously change them with little effort from yourself. you might think im harsh. but these words are just as much for me as the person who reads it. those people who have that true happiness lives in all corners of the united states. so remember one thing if you are trying to get away from the cost of living to a place that you can afford remember to really check out the areas first and be willing to take some sacrifices just because its more affordable doesnt always mean its better or your gonna come out ahead. jobs are harder to find in general no matter where you are unless you are transferring. crime is everywhere and drug usage is everywhere. so if you want to get away from that, you probably wont, its probably in that new area you are looking into. everywhere ive gone north carolina, las vegas, grants pass oregon, san jose california, portland oregon or idaho falls. they all have thier share of good and bad. im still lost looking for that perfect place and have recently realized its not the communities its me. so im going back to idaho, why, because for the most part jobs are thier, its beautiful, i love the west coast, for me natrual disaters tornadoes, earth quakes, volcanoes and hurricane are always on my mind. idaho does not rate too bad. coeur d'alene has good schools. although ive never lived there i loved idaho falls and would go back there, but i just found my two older children who have been missing for 5 years and they are in coeur d'alene. they have been moving so much that my 16 year old daughter does not want to move and she asked me to move there. my son has his own place there and loves it. i worry about living in the same town as the ex, cuz i dont need his drama as i have two other children who are much younger and im single. so as you know i dont need the grief of him. i know if i go there for my kids i just found i can achieve a job, house and a life will i be happy there? well i guess that depends on me doesnt it.. as long as i accept the bad and the good. after all when we die we surely dont take our houses, cars or anything else to our grave. hopefully you have lived right with god because in the end thats where i want to be..

thank you for the ear. i hope i didnt offend anyone. wish me the best of luck on finding a job before i get there and something to rent.

to everyone who is seeking a new life or just looking for some communication god bless you all and may the lord bring you much happiness.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 AM

5 posts, read 58,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsterscot View Post
This is why I left Washington State. All the Californians moved up and ruined the state. They should extend that border fence all the way around California. Sadly, the rest of the western states are slowly being ruined now as well. The only place left is Alaska. ( which is where I'm planning to move ).
And then Alaskans will hate you for ruining their state. See how that works? People move. YOU may not be like those other people, but not all the people moving to other states are like those people either.

I moved to Idaho from California, didn't know about the "hatred" before we moved here. Quite honestly, you wouldnt even know my family is from anywhere BUT idaho. We didn't bring our attitudes with us, because we didnt have them in the first place. Our kids are well behaved, honor roll students, and certainly not the stereotypical spolied Californians. I finally found a state where just about everyone is as friendly and polite as I am. I finally fit in somewhere. Our house is clean, our yard is kept up...in fact, a lot of the natives don't show as much pride in their homes and surrounding areas. We contribute to the economy and the community and truly love our town and our state.

California isnt the only state that has "trashy and troublesome illegal" problems. Drive around here. There are some scary places that are trashy and unkempt and full of Hispanics. Are they illegal? I have no clue but they brought their lifestyle with them. Gang problems, included. BUT I also know that not all hispanics are that way. It is true for every race and every group from different places. There are many many exceptions to the so-called rule. I am sure you will fit in nicely in Alaska since you are one of those exceptions apparently. Just like my family and I fitting in nicely here in Idaho. Pigeon-holing races or groups of people of any type is just as fair as doing the same thing to you once you get to Alaska.

As for the movie, it was cute, funny, and I realized I identified more with the Idahoans than with the Californians. I know not all Californians act that way or dress that way or whatever, we certainly didnt and niether did our friends or extended family members. But, yes, there were people who did and it was amusing in a twisted sort of way. Overall it was a definite chick flick. Cute and harmless entertainment.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,231 times
Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona and Nevada all seem to blame their state's problems on Californians, which is amusing to me because I was born in CA waaaaay back in 1946 and there was a time in the 70's & 80's when that beautiful state was "ruined" by all the people immigrating from the rest of the country (that's how ikt was seen by natuive Californians back then). I saw the movie "Georgia Rule" and it did not affect me one way or another... that character was a spoiled, rebellious kid who happened to be from California, but she could just as easily have been from NY or Texas or any other state. Our population is growing everywhere, people migrate to other areas, just as they have done since the first pioneer climbed on a covered wagon and headed west..."ruining the area" for those who already lived here. Here where I now live in AZ used to be a pristine, small, rural area and now many folks are complaining that Calfornians have ruined it. Nonsense! It's just the natural tide of growth. I don't like it that my lovely area has become a mecca of tract homes and crowded highways and so I am looking to relocate myself, but to blame Californians is rather narrow-minded...at least in my humble opinion.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 AM

9 posts, read 38,726 times
only if more people would view the way you see it. you are right on!!!! Problems are everywhere and they will only grow with more population which no one will stop. but if the american people would bring back good morales and teach thier family as a community you can fight to keep your area good. like you said keep house and yard clean. contribute to your community and most importantly don't be a stanger. when a stranger does indeed come into "your" town welcome them and help them. remember back when "help your neighbor". obviously be careful as we are natrually becomming a more agressive and violent nation. some things will never change. just drop the attitudes and dont be so defensive, just as you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho