Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:02 PM

471 posts, read 1,062,604 times

Advertisements

Latin Mass is in Latin, Spanish Mass is in Spanish if I remember correctly.

anyway:
My personal feeling is if you want beauty, you need to move to North Idaho.... most of south Idaho is ugly (I'm not trolling, just calling it as I see it).

We have some Catholic Schools in N.Idaho. I am not sure about all the churchy stuff, since I don't believe in organized religion. However, I know that there are a lot of highly religious people up here so we must be doing something right?

If you love history again, North Idaho is where its at, we have a very rich history, especially on the NIC campus where old fort sherman used to be (and living history).

Don't go to Sandpoint, potentially look at CdA, PostFalls, Rathdrum, MAYBE moscow but I think that its a little far away from anything awesome.

It also depends on how isolated you want your kids, are you afraid that if they go to the mall some random guy is going to lead them down the path of the devil? If thats the case then yah go to moscow/lewiston. However, if you want your kids to grow up in an area where they actually have fun activities to do, and are in an area where they can have fun (and thus keep them out of trouble) then again Rathdrum, CdA, Postfalls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
Don't go to Sandpoint, potentially look at CdA, PostFalls, Rathdrum, MAYBE moscow but I think that its a little far away from anything awesome.

It also depends on how isolated you want your kids, are you afraid that if they go to the mall some random guy is going to lead them down the path of the devil? If thats the case then yah go to moscow/lewiston. However, if you want your kids to grow up in an area where they actually have fun activities to do, and are in an area where they can have fun (and thus keep them out of trouble) then again Rathdrum, CdA, Postfalls.
Peoples different viewpoints make life more interesting. I concede that Rathdrum, CDA and Postfalls are near beautiful lakes and mountains and have good outdoor activities available. There is way to much urban sprawl in the area for my taste.

On the other hand I think Moscow is chock full of awesome. It easily accesses the same mountains and lakes mentioned above (and more), is a charming college town with a unique feel, and also accesses Hells Canyon, white water rafting, fishing, etc. If one feels the need for larger shopping and the "advantages" provided by urban sprawl one can easily drive to Rathdrum, CDA and Post Falls.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Hi, Femlife...
Got it all here in I.F. You have 2 Catholic churches to choose from; one has a Catholic school across the street. The school district in I.F. has all the home teaching stuff, and I have a friend who is home schooling through the district.

IT is pretty solid here, but I don't know how the job situation in it is. There are some large private companies headquartered here, and the govt. has a large energy testing site 60 mi. away that is headquartered here. Some of the site jobs are in town, some out on the desert.

I.F. is 100 mi. south of Yellowstone Park, 80 miles west of the Tetons. There's a ton of good outdoors activities on our side of the Tetons all the way up to Yellowstone.

The crime rate is pretty low, but has risen some as I.F. has grown. You would have to check statistics, but I think it's about the same as Pocatello, 50 mi. south and similar in size to I.F. We have good law enforcement and a neighborhood reverse 911 system that alerts residents of lost children or serious problems. The city dispatcher makes the calls, but they're not common. We also have a Neighborhood Watch system.

The zoo is actually pretty big for a town this size, and is part of our largest park, which also contains an over-used skating rink. There is talk of improving and expanding the rink going on right now. We have an excellent museum that has a strong local and regional component, a new Art museum, and a children's theatre group. (and a couple of adult groups). There is a wonderful family walk/bike ride around the greenbelt on both sides of the Snake River, which runs through the middle of town, and the falls are in the middle of it.

We have an indoor aquatics center and one outdoor pool, and a lot of community parks for a town our size. One has a new skateboard park.

If you are into more challenging bike riding, there's a popular road that goes out of town up into the nearby foothills. A long climb up for as far as you want to go, and a long cruise down.

Come check us out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho