Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM

526 posts, read 1,756,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by im5150too View Post
Homes around CDA have started to really take a dive in the upper end homes. For a while, it seemed like they weren't going to take the slide like they have in places like SoCal, but I'm seeing some stuff that's been on the market for 2+ years that dropped 30+ percent in the last few months. Some as much as 50%, but those were probably unrealistic prices to begin with. A lot of sellers can't grasp that their homes aren't worth what they think they are.

I agree with sandpointian. I think there's some decent bargains around and probably more to come.
In terms of percentage, luxury homes always take the bigger hit in down markets simply because there is more of a demand for average homes amongst families. Still, I don't think CdA homes are worth what they are asking. Its not like California where there are jobs and weather which will always drive demand there. All CdA has going for it is its beauty so unless you are retired or wealthy enough to buy a second vacation home then CdA doesn't really command a dominating real estate market which is precisely why Boise has more expensive property for the same equivalent floorplan.... jobs, jobs, jobs.

Although, when the economy is doing superb, you start to see the secondary house market skyrocket to prices over comparable real estate in Boise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
I notice that the OP, Sights_Set's location is Michigan.

Just a word of warning...I still see on occasion (though not as often as I used to) see real estate ads, mostly back east advertising northern Idaho property for ridiculously low prices. Don't have your head turned by some of the ads you'll see for raw land for a not hardly any money...it is often vertical, and miles to power, water and no roads.

If you see that type of thing, do your due diligence!

Old 02-20-2010, 05:15 AM

209 posts, read 240,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
I notice that the OP, Sights_Set's location is Michigan.

Just a word of warning...I still see on occasion (though not as often as I used to) see real estate ads, mostly back east advertising northern Idaho property for ridiculously low prices. Don't have your head turned by some of the ads you'll see for raw land for a not hardly any money...it is often vertical, and miles to power, water and no roads.

If you see that type of thing, do your due diligence!
Thank you for the warning. I actually have seen such ads and wondered if that were the case. I guess it goes back to the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is." We are going to acquire the services of a real estate agent before we come to vacation/scout in NID this June so we can have a productive trip and not waste time on exactly what you are warning against. Excellent advice, thanks again.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:54 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sights_Set View Post
Thank you for the warning. I actually have seen such ads and wondered if that were the case. I guess it goes back to the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is." We are going to acquire the services of a real estate agent before we come to vacation/scout in NID this June so we can have a productive trip and not waste time on exactly what you are warning against. Excellent advice, thanks again.
Right, it's great advice. Checking out online listings and Google Earth is a terrific way to start one's search, but even being cautious doesn't prepare you for the surprises ahead! A property that looks promising online will turn out to be down (or up) 10 miles of less-than-maintained dirt roads. The place that looked so sweet online has power lines running straight across the property, or the trains pass by too close for comfort... And then some property you only put on the list because it was on the way to someplace else turns out to be your dream place! Try to keep the list to 5-6 properties a day, max., and (like I mentioned on some thread waaay back) take digital photos not just of the places, but also of the flyers, in sequence, so you have a good record of what on earth you've seen and where! Because it will all be a blur when you come home and have to make a decision!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,566 times
Default Geetings

Just came across this site. My wife and I are both looking to move to Idaho in the next few years. We started looking last year. Started out in Boise then on to Eagle , Star area. We havent found our place yet but we feel comfortable that its out their. We are now looking out in the counry more. I told our realator that I wanted a home where I could shoot my Black powder gun in any direction and not have a problem. Still Looking though . Any ideas. We love timber and open high desert . This April we are going to look around Idaho City and Emmett
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho