Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 PM

69 posts, read 226,520 times

Advertisements

We will be in Sandpoint/Bonners Ferry on Saturday. Is it possible to "step food" anywhere that is technically Canada- just for kicks and a photo op?
No passports as yet, but will get them, as soon as we relocate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,663,701 times
dumb answer maybe...what does "step food" mean?

EDIT: Oh, you probably meant "step foot"...

Not sure on that one

Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 PM

oops! I meant step FOOT, in other words, just go over the border, so I can say "I was in Canada."

Old 02-28-2010, 10:52 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
A very short drive north of Bonner's Ferry is the border crossing (25'ish minutes). Just take your passports with you!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukijoli View Post
We will be in Sandpoint/Bonners Ferry on Saturday. Is it possible to "step food" anywhere that is technically Canada- just for kicks and a photo op?
No passports as yet, but will get them, as soon as we relocate!
Ha I did just that when I was in N Idaho, before passports were required though. We just asked someone running an antique store just over the border if there anything to see around there. There's a Bavarian Town tourist trap about thirty minutes over the border. Called Kimberley, BC. Some German restaurants and gift shops and stuff, that's the only real attraction that close to the border. Kinda funny I went to Canada to get a taste of Germany.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:43 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
Last year my sister and I (both mature ladies...a-hem) drove across the border to have lunch in Canada and we had to have passports (we did). Plus, the border guards were extremely careful and asked us a lot of questions before granting entrance. I guess they thought were were the senior version of Thelma & Louise.

Oddly, upon our return to the States a few hours later the guards (different guys), just glanced at the passports and whisked us on through with nary a blink. Security leaving America is tough...security returning, not so much

Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 AM

So, it doesnt sound like you can even cross the border (even a few feet) without a passport. Bummer! Well I guess we'll just have to settle for a pic with Canada in the background. I was really hoping to collect some dirt for my collection!(I have tiny bottles of dirt/sand from all over the USA and Int'l too). Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho