Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:28 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoMormon View Post
I think it's because we have such doggone good looking girls here.

Better watch your step, though, because their dads do have guns. And they know how to use them.

I'm talking the GIRLS know how to use them. When we had the ward turkey shoot last fall, some of the girls were out-skeet-shooting the guys. And their moms sure were comfortable with the shotguns as well.
I assume that is tongue-in-cheek, because if it isn't, it is quite ignorant.

Idaho does a very good job tracking sex offenders, and the results are easily found on the web. Idaho may attract more offenders because of it being rural, but that is where it ends.

Ward turkey shoots? Offenders moving to Idaho because of good looking girls? Come on. Again, I hope I am simply missing an attempt at humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM

36 posts, read 118,740 times
Default Sex Offenders

To the OP,

I was alarmed about the number (compared to my current and soon to be former state) at first glance.

When I did some research, I found that my state does not include the Level 1 offenders (3 categories based upon a long list of critera, with Level 3 being the highest risk) on the state's website. At first, Idaho seemed to have a hgher per capita population of offenders, but when the Level 1's were added in, Idaho had less (if I my memory is accurate).

Old 03-16-2010, 11:09 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I assume that is tongue-in-cheek, because if it isn't, it is quite ignorant.

Idaho does a very good job tracking sex offenders, and the results are easily found on the web. Idaho may attract more offenders because of it being rural, but that is where it ends.

Ward turkey shoots? Offenders moving to Idaho because of good looking girls? Come on. Again, I hope I am simply missing an attempt at humor.
I doubt if the skeet shooting comment is humor. I've heard of Wards having them.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
Just a note, on Monday the Idaho Senate voted 35-0 to change the law regarding statutory rape. It would lower the age of consent to 16 so long as the male is 20 years of age or younger. I think this is a good move. Now it goes to the House, I haven't read "eye on Boise" yet, so it may have passed there already.

Also, I have a friend of the family who's younger brother is registered for lewd conduct. It turns out he mooned someone and a third party saw his other parts and was offended, sexually I guess. Should he be marked for life? No. And Lewd conduct can include anything from a case as trivial as that, to something much worse, in which a child is actually abused. So some of these things can be misleading.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM

I agree with this statutory rape law being repealed.

But, to say that sex offenders move to Idaho due to "good looking girls" is totally ridiculous. Give me a break.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:37 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
But, to say that sex offenders move to Idaho due to "good looking girls" is totally ridiculous. Give me a break.
I believe it is called a joke, pw72.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:23 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
The joke went over like a whoopie cushion at a funeral...but let's let it go....I'm sure it was not meant with ill intent....

Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM

121 posts, read 347,692 times
Quote:
OK you're right, it is totally ridiculous. That's usually what trips my sarcasm detector--if something is so ridiculous it's hard to believe anyone can be serious about it. Sorry if the joke was a bit tasteless.

However, other than that I'm pretty serious. There are a lot of good looking girls in Idaho. And some of them do know how to shoot. The skeet shoot really happened, and the girls were pretty good. Actually, the shootout for first place was between the elder's quorum president and the scout master. It's fun to watch them blow three clay targets out of the air, time after time, just waiting for one of them to miss.

I know the scout master's wife can shoot because we had moose steak at one of the campouts last year, and she's the one that shot the moose. With a shotgun. Yeah. When she saw the puzzled look on my face she had to explain. I guess you can put a pretty big slug in a shotgun. But you still have to get quite close to the moose.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 PM

The problem with humor on sites like this is there is no context. Anything and everything can be misinterpreted. No harm, no foul. As Son of Sagle said, let's move on.

Last edited by pw72; 03-17-2010 at 07:45 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 01:19 PM

287 posts, read 768,536 times
Quote:
The problem with humor on sites like this is there is no context. Anything and everything can be misinterpreted. No harm, no foul. As Son of Sagle said, let's move on.
I got it! I guess you have to be a Mormon to understand how funny/quirky that really is. It has much to do with the humor in presenting the opposite of a stereotype. (Mormon girls often = sweet innocent spirits that stay inside, cook, clean and make babies) Thanks for the chuckle!

I'm moving to Idaho and have zero interest in owning a gun or learning to shoot. I don't have very long fingernails either (for scratching their eyes out.) I can kick but my aim isn't always right. Don't know any martial arts. So I hope Idaho is safe for women and little girls!!! I have several of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho