Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 PM

102 posts, read 337,990 times

Advertisements

Trace- thank you!

Gonzo-
oooh, I am way too chicken to move without money saved up, that takes some serious....guts...haha.
My husband and I have been in regular contact with a couple of people up there and they are already wanting to plan play dates and bbq's for when we get up there...someone is putting together a care package for us and has been sending us all kinds of pictures of different areas we are looking at...pretty amazing!! So, it does feel good to know that we have friends up there now that are excited for us to get there....leaving the ones we have here is going to be so incredibly hard- but I know why we are doing what we are. I am expecting that homesick feeling- not really "home"sick, but "heart"sick for those I miss. I am expecting to suddenly miss being able to pop in over at my siblings house for lunch....all those little things...I am trying to mentally prepare myself as much as possible so the transition is a little bit easier (that is how I work I guess, worst case scenario planning).

UncleBigs-yea, I have no expectations on the traffic thing, it is bad here too, honestly, I am hoping to limit my driving as much as possible, i like to do as much walking as possible. 160 acres in Moscow wow! Yea, I can imagine that would be hard to beat! Moscow is beautiful!! I have heard about Moontime from a few people up there, I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 11:22 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,162,447 times
kstorts,
welcome to CDA! I moved here as a young person just about 12 years ago. I always have to wonder at those who mention traffic. It is all a matter of perspective. I grew up in a large city and comparatively I would say there is no traffic here, even at the busiest of times. It is also my humble opinion that it is going to be very difficult for you to limit your driving in favor of as much walking as possible. As much as I wish it were so, this is not a walking town in any way. I do think it may eventually become that way, but it is a long way off yet IMHO. Also, take your time buying and researching what areas you want to live in. Real estate turmoil has been going on here for several years and foreclosures are everywhere. Don't be tempted by a seeming good buy before you really know each area well. I cannot stress this enough. In all, I have been to many amazing places around the world and my life situation will probably take my to many more...but I will always call Coeur d'Alene home. Btw, this is my first post :-)

Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 PM

Geeesh, the proof reading didn't go so well. Sorry!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:35 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstorts View Post

...we also need to make sure the business will work out there...It is really nervewracking! So far with the marketing I have been doing we have received a great response, however, we are causing quite a stir in the shops up there apparently, they are not happy about us moving up there and are not being very nice about it! It makes it a bit stressful moving into that sort of business environment, not knowing what to expect and being told to stay put...lol
kstorts, what kind of business are you in, if you don't mind me asking? The business community generally tends to be pretty supportive around here. As you probably know, we don't have any one dominant employer, but there are a lot of small-medium sized businesses around. Many are tucked in business parks, you often don't know they exist.

BTW, CDArocks, great first post!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
good post CDArocks! and some good points about RE. Welcome!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Welcome CDA rocks!!! Be sure to stop by the North Idaho Front porch thread!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:05 AM

CdaRocks- I feel honored that your first post was to one of my threads Thank you for your response and great advice! Not being a "walking" town doesn't bother me a whole lot- I'll be happy with just being able to go for walks and feel safe!!

Toyman- I don't mind you asking at all...please don't cringe, we will be opening a tattoo shop- We are not the typical shop- (not rock stars AT ALL, we are very normal, family oriented, homebodies- boring people, lol). I have done quite a bit of market research in the area and have found that there is a demand for something different than what is already offered there, we already have people setting up appointments with us, so- so far we have had an incredible reception from people up there! Exciting! I will be joining the chamber of commerce when I get up there- I am already impressed by the support they offer that I have found while doing my research, so I certainly see what you are talking about- very cool!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstorts View Post
CdaRocks- I feel honored that your first post was to one of my threads Thank you for your response and great advice! Not being a "walking" town doesn't bother me a whole lot- I'll be happy with just being able to go for walks and feel safe!!

Toyman- I don't mind you asking at all...please don't cringe, we will be opening a tattoo shop- We are not the typical shop- (not rock stars AT ALL, we are very normal, family oriented, homebodies- boring people, lol). I have done quite a bit of market research in the area and have found that there is a demand for something different than what is already offered there, we already have people setting up appointments with us, so- so far we have had an incredible reception from people up there! Exciting! I will be joining the chamber of commerce when I get up there- I am already impressed by the support they offer that I have found while doing my research, so I certainly see what you are talking about- very cool!!!
Kstorts, I'm glad to hear that business prospects look promising. When you mentioned "shop", I automatically think machine shop, thought I might be able to offer something, I'm afraid I got nothin' in regard to your line of work. Best of luck to you, I hope the move goes smoothly. Have you found a location for your business?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:12 PM

Toyman- What kind of machine shop? We did find a location for the business, we are in the process of securing it (signed the lease and whatnot, just waiting to find out how they want to go about getting the deposit, lol, waiting to hear back from the agent). Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho