Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:15 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I wonder if it's possible for Arizona to sue the government for not enforcing the laws and protecting Arizona?? Isn't that why the Arizona law was passed? Why can't it go both ways? If they can, I would go for it.

I say every State should sue the feds for not living up to their end of this deal. The federal Government's number 1 job is to protect the USA, it's States and citizens, yet they have not done it. Sue obama and his entire group of anti-American flunkies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 01:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I say every State should sue the feds for not living up to their end of this deal. The federal Government's number 1 job is to protect the USA, it's States and citizens, yet they have not done it. Sue obama and his entire group of anti-American flunkies.
And make them pay "out-of-pocket".

Old 06-19-2010, 07:24 AM

364 posts, read 496,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
How r@****** can this administration and the Fed. Govt get?
They want to sue Arizona over a law they created themselves and choose not to enforce?
Now, AZ wants to enforce it for them and they don't want AZ to.

Who's governing US.....a bunch of whining, immature, little kids?
First of all the r-word is highly offensive. If you haven't been made aware of that let me be the first to do so.

Ummm, how did the current administration create SB 1070? It is in conflict with Federal law where Congress has jurisdiction. That is nonsense.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The whole lot of this administration and this Preisdent, are a bunch of complete and utter morons, and please no excuses made for the bums! How can one sue a State that has enacted the law the the stupid Federal Government should be upholding anyways! I am more then convinced the Kool-Aid that was drunk, was definitely spiked with something. He needs to go and now. My opinion only, don't have to like it nor me yours.
They can block the law as it clearly fails the test laid out in De Canas v Bica.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:26 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
First of all the r-word is highly offensive. If you haven't been made aware of that let me be the first to do so.

Ummm, how did the current administration create SB 1070? It is in conflict with Federal law where Congress has jurisdiction. That is nonsense.
Nonsense = RETARDED
Ummmm....is OFFENDING someone a crime now too?
Sorry, but it's PC crap-statements like this, that have greatly helped to sink the US deeper in BS, over the past 20 years, as far as I'm concerned!
You got offended? Too bad!
I get offended.....EVERYDAY when I have to place myself in public!
People everywhere....offend me, but I expect....so I DON'T CARE!
I have far greater personal concerns, since my life is filled with pain and coming to a gradual close, so I won't be around to "offend" you or anyone else, forever.
Cheer up.
Words and phrases are constantly evolving into meanings that may not be what they once were, ya know?
Good luck going through life without being "offended" once in a while.
Maybe counseling will help......if a simple, little word (that isn't even profane by nature), makes you squirm like it obviously does.
And the world isn't your utopian oyster to determine what is and what isn't......offensive, either!
Sorry.

Last edited by Sign; 06-19-2010 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-19-2010, 09:27 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Really? I've read the De Canas v Bica findings, from several different perspectives. It boils down to whether or not the state law can be enforced consistent with federal law. And according to a number of Constitutional scholars and attorneys, it can.

Professors: Ariz. law passes constitutional test - SignOnSanDiego.com

Old 06-19-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Nonsense = R
Ummmm....is OFFENDING someone a crime now too?
Sorry, but it's PC crap-statements like this, that have greatly helped to sink the US deeper in BS, over the past 20 years, as far as I'm concerned!
You got offended? Too bad!
I get offended.....EVERYDAY when I have to place myself in public!
People everywhere....offend me, but I expect....so I DON'T CARE!
I have far greater personal concerns, since my life is filled with pain and coming to a gradual close, so I won't be around to "offend" you or anyone else, forever.
Cheer up.
Words and phrases are constantly evolving into meanings that may not be what they once were, ya know?
Good luck going through life without being "offended" once in a while.
Maybe counseling will help......if a simple, little word (that isn't even profane by nature), makes you squirm like it obviously does.
And the world isn't your utopian oyster to determine what is and what isn't......offensive, either!
Sorry.
This is OT. Suffice to say your use of language says more about you own character deficiencies than any point you would try to make. Words matter because they create an underclass of citizens that often don't have the power or means to defend themselves.

It isn't about being PC or politically incorrect or anything else. It's about respect for people. I hate to hear your life is filled with pain. It may help if you release some of this anger.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really? I've read the De Canas v Bica findings, from several different perspectives. It boils down to whether or not the state law can be enforced consistent with federal law. And according to a number of Constitutional scholars and attorneys, it can.

Professors: Ariz. law passes constitutional test - SignOnSanDiego.com
I've seen that link. One of the attorneys present was the author of the bill, so I would expect him to defend. And the text goes on to say it MIGHT pass muster, not that it does.The AZ law creates a class of state trespassing crimes. That conflicts with Federal law, clearly I think. It is also arguable that the Federal government has field preemption and has chosen to exercise jurisdiction and out local power.

The majority opinion of legal scholars is the law should not stand. It certainly would not have with the overbroad original language.

Might the law be upheld. Sure anything can happen, but it would go mightily against precedent to allow states to create state immigration laws, enforcement and penalties.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:00 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
This is OT. Suffice to say your use of language says more about you own character deficiencies than any point you would try to make. Words matter because they create an underclass of citizens that often don't have the power or means to defend themselves.

It isn't about being PC or politically incorrect or anything else. It's about respect for people. I hate to hear your life is filled with pain. It may help if you release some of this anger.
I agree that this might be OT, but I wish to clarify myself, if that's OK......
Everyone has their own concept of what is an approriate term, or not.
You can't please everyone, so why bother to try and please anyone?
Great if you can, if not.....oh well.
Convey a point......state an opinion, move on.
That's what I did and it obviously, hit a nerve with you, in the particular manner in which I did.
Excuse me.
I don't expect you to have any respect for me, so why should you expect the same from me?
You know NOTHING about me, but assume that you do, from some posts of mine, that often do bring out some contentious feelings I have, as a direct result of today's political BS here....and all the garbage going on around the rest of the world!
It IS infuriating.
And I know I'm NOT the only one who feels just a tad bit of animosity, either.
Nothing personal, OK?

BTW....I LOVE your screen name and Maui no ke oi......or something like that.
Maui is sweeeeet!

Old 06-19-2010, 04:13 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
They are insulated by their Beltway hedonism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration