Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,790,757 times

Advertisements

Meet our future generation....Calderon will get these kids help in the USA

Youths struggle to survive on Mexico City's streets | World | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,315,930 times
Check out this quote from a taco-seller in Mexico:

Quote:
"In the United States, people are poor because they don't work," he said. "Here, people work very hard and remain poor."
LOL More of Mexicans trying to depict Americans as lazy and fat to justify illegal immigration and why they are here.

Quote:
"I earn OK, but I don't like the way this country is, with its inequality," Ledesma said. "There are many earning more than they deserve and many more earning much less than they merit."
Yea and when your fellow nationals illegally come here, we don't like the INEQUALITY that results from that. They just want to run away from Mexico and bring all their problems here.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:20 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,122,836 times
Maybe he has a point. I see a lot of lazy people who would rather be on welfare than work...

Old 07-10-2010, 09:31 PM

27,294 posts, read 15,446,586 times
I don't see the citizens of that country rising up to improve their lot within their own nation either.

The U.S. didn't become a great place by those that lived here running away to a place where someone else did the work to make it like that.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:44 PM

286 posts, read 536,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Maybe he has a point. I see a lot of lazy people who would rather be on welfare than work...
Guess there's no such thing as a lazy illegal?

Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,660,096 times
We have the same thing here...they're called runaways.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,846,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Meet our future generation....Calderon will get these kids help in the USA

Youths struggle to survive on Mexico City's streets | World | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
Where in this piece does President Calderon say these children are America's problem or that American needs to come to their aid directly? Please cite quotes.

what does this story have to do with the US?

Do you know how much it cost a person from any where in the world to come without documentation to America? you think its cheap?

The vast majority of these children no more have the chance of comming to America than I do in becomming the President of Mexico.

sometimes cute comments do little to mask or negate real human suffering.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:41 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Where in this piece does President Calderon say these children are America's problem or that American needs to come to their aid directly? Please cite quotes.

what does this story have to do with the US?

Do you know how much it cost a person from any where in the world to come without documentation to America? you think its cheap?

The vast majority of these children no more have the chance of comming to America than I do in becomming the President of Mexico.

sometimes cute comments do little to mask or negate real human suffering.
I got your real human suffering right here:

I've posted regarding this issue before.

Apparently, it bears repeating.

How many huddled masses do you think this country can hold? How many tired, poor, and homeless wretched refuse are the American citizens in this country expected to support with their tax dollars at the expense of themselves and their fellow citizens who need their assistance just as much if not more than someone from another country?

Did you know that in America, more American children live below the poverty level than in any other industrialized country in the world?

If your motives are a truly altruistic as you would have the rest of us believe, if compassion is what motivates you, then I want you to explain to me what entitles Mexico's people to our compassion over the rest of the world's poor, over our own starving children? Its proximity to our southern border?

I have a real problem with those who state that this is all about human compassion, loving thy neighbor, blah diddy blah diddy blah. Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year--children will die from starvation, from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both. Why are they not deserving of a place in American society?

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and then there is abject, without hope, destined to die a slow and agonizing death, poverty. If human compassion is indeed the motivation behind illegal immigration (which we all know that it is not--it is the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people for corporate benefit) then surely there must be a yardstick by which we measure need.

Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated? If poor and uneducated people are what you are looking to import into the United States in the name of human compassion, then I suggest that we begin importing our illegal aliens from the following fifty poorest countries in the world. Please note that Mexico doesn't even make the top 50:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

If human compassion is your motivation, then people from these fifty countries should be priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals aliens, and I'm sure that they will be just as easy to exploit for slave wages as Mexico's people are, so no loss to big business either.

Mexico is a country rich in resources, unlike the majority of countries named above. Its people need to grow a set and demand that their government become accountable to the people and that opportunities for Mexico's people are provided for them in Mexico.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:48 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

I've posted regarding this issue before.

Apparently, it bears repeating.

How many huddled masses do you think this country can hold? How many tired, poor, and homeless wretched refuse are the American citizens in this country expected to support with their tax dollars at the expense of themselves and their fellow citizens who need their assistance just as much if not more than someone from another country?

Did you know that in America, more American children live below the poverty level than in any other industrialized country in the world?

If your motives are a truly altruistic as you would have the rest of us believe, if compassion is what motivates you, then I want you to explain to me what entitles Mexico's people to our compassion over the rest of the world's poor, over our own starving children? Its proximity to our southern border?

I have a real problem with those who state that this is all about human compassion, loving thy neighbor, blah diddy blah diddy blah. Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year--children will die from starvation, from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both. Why are they not deserving of a place in American society?

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and then there is abject, without hope, destined to die a slow and agonizing death, poverty. If human compassion is indeed the motivation behind illegal immigration (which we all know that it is not--it is the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people for corporate benefit) then surely there must be a yardstick by which we measure need.

Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated? If poor and uneducated people are what you are looking to import into the United States in the name of human compassion, then I suggest that we begin importing our illegal aliens from the following fifty poorest countries in the world. Please note that Mexico doesn't even make the top 50:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

If human compassion is your motivation, then people from these fifty countries should be priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals aliens, and I'm sure that they will be just as easy to exploit for slave wages as Mexico's people are, so no loss to big business either.

Mexico is a country rich in resources, unlike the majority of countries named above. Its people need to grow a set and demand that their government become accountable to the people and that opportunities for Mexico's people are provided for them in Mexico.
Clap, clap, clap!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:58 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,846,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

great job a cut and paste...what does that have to do with your OP?

what does this have to do with illegal immigration? do you really think those poor kids have the $15,000 US to come to the US?

Calderon never said in the piece they were America's problem.

or did you find the quote yet? Not from a taco vendor from the President of Mexico.

this tired thread belongs in the Mexico Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration