U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2010, 10:02 AM
 
Location: San Diego
46,985 posts, read 42,065,852 times
Reputation: 31123

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2010, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,555,163 times
Reputation: 393
Blatant hispandering latino azz kissing leading up to the the Nov elections. Again you just can't out hispander a marxist amnesty democratic politician. Should the republicans even try a little hispandering of their own the marxist amnesty democrats come right back and out hispander the republicans in spades. The country is better off if the republicans don't hispander.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 12:42 PM
 
3,876 posts, read 3,707,570 times
Reputation: 2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Blatant hispandering latino azz kissing leading up to the the Nov elections. Again you just can't out hispander a marxist amnesty democratic politician. Should the republicans even try a little hispandering of their own the marxist amnesty democrats come right back and out hispander the republicans in spades. The country is better off if the republicans don't hispander.
What you said is correct Roguer, but I disagree and I'll explain why.
Even though the idea is ridiculous I support it because it will backfire tremendously.

Let them give Worker'Comp to Illegals, let these criminal employers pay through the nose and get bled dry. Illegals take dangerous jobs from cheap employers that don't adequetely train their workers or maintain equipment coupled with the fact that Illegals have a language barrier and often poor education,training and are stressed to work long hours for little pay.

These employers accident rates will skyrocket,Worker's Comp Ins, Lawyers fees and Medical costs will also skyrocket thus eliminating the "savings" of employing Illegals. Also any company unethical enough to hire Illegals deserves NO sympathy.

You will see an increase in Clinicas,Abogados and Translators to deal with this hornet's nest. Maybe after settling their cases these Illegals will be able to move back home with huge cash awards from the pockets of these criminal employers. Any Company that would employ Illegals and/or Legals in an unsafe enviorment deserves to get slammed repeatedly.

They will soon find out that it is Business suicide to employ Illegals and you will find that shortly after implementing this that Worker's Comp Ins. companies will refuse to sell ins. to these Criminel Employers as they know it's a lost cause, forcing these companies either out of business or better yet to hire Americans.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,546,030 times
Reputation: 914
I truly believe worker's comp, like unions, needs to be eliminated. Everyone abuses it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 01:45 PM
 
364 posts, read 227,351 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What you said is correct Roguer, but I disagree and I'll explain why.
Even though the idea is ridiculous I support it because it will backfire tremendously.

Let them give Worker'Comp to Illegals, let these criminal employers pay through the nose and get bled dry. Illegals take dangerous jobs from cheap employers that don't adequetely train their workers or maintain equipment coupled with the fact that Illegals have a language barrier and often poor education,training and are stressed to work long hours for little pay.

These employers accident rates will skyrocket,Worker's Comp Ins, Lawyers fees and Medical costs will also skyrocket thus eliminating the "savings" of employing Illegals. Also any company unethical enough to hire Illegals deserves NO sympathy.

You will see an increase in Clinicas,Abogados and Translators to deal with this hornet's nest. Maybe after settling their cases these Illegals will be able to move back home with huge cash awards from the pockets of these criminal employers. Any Company that would employ Illegals and/or Legals in an unsafe enviorment deserves to get slammed repeatedly.

They will soon find out that it is Business suicide to employ Illegals and you will find that shortly after implementing this that Worker's Comp Ins. companies will refuse to sell ins. to these Criminel Employers as they know it's a lost cause, forcing these companies either out of business or better yet to hire Americans.
its called givin tha dirty companys
enough rope to have themselfs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,612 posts, read 12,417,611 times
Reputation: 3120
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What you said is correct Roguer, but I disagree and I'll explain why.
Even though the idea is ridiculous I support it because it will backfire tremendously.

Let them give Worker'Comp to Illegals, let these criminal employers pay through the nose and get bled dry. Illegals take dangerous jobs from cheap employers that don't adequetely train their workers or maintain equipment coupled with the fact that Illegals have a language barrier and often poor education,training and are stressed to work long hours for little pay.

These employers accident rates will skyrocket,Worker's Comp Ins, Lawyers fees and Medical costs will also skyrocket thus eliminating the "savings" of employing Illegals. Also any company unethical enough to hire Illegals deserves NO sympathy.

You will see an increase in Clinicas,Abogados and Translators to deal with this hornet's nest. Maybe after settling their cases these Illegals will be able to move back home with huge cash awards from the pockets of these criminal employers. Any Company that would employ Illegals and/or Legals in an unsafe enviorment deserves to get slammed repeatedly.

They will soon find out that it is Business suicide to employ Illegals and you will find that shortly after implementing this that Worker's Comp Ins. companies will refuse to sell ins. to these Criminel Employers as they know it's a lost cause, forcing these companies either out of business or better yet to hire Americans.
Oh really? Ca already has provisions for illegals to claim Worker's Comp - they have the right to sue employers too.

Yet they continue to employ illegals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,966 posts, read 33,127,217 times
Reputation: 7688
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What you said is correct Roguer, but I disagree and I'll explain why.
Even though the idea is ridiculous I support it because it will backfire tremendously.

Let them give Worker'Comp to Illegals, let these criminal employers pay through the nose and get bled dry. Illegals take dangerous jobs from cheap employers that don't adequetely train their workers or maintain equipment coupled with the fact that Illegals have a language barrier and often poor education,training and are stressed to work long hours for little pay.

These employers accident rates will skyrocket,Worker's Comp Ins, Lawyers fees and Medical costs will also skyrocket thus eliminating the "savings" of employing Illegals. Also any company unethical enough to hire Illegals deserves NO sympathy.

You will see an increase in Clinicas,Abogados and Translators to deal with this hornet's nest. Maybe after settling their cases these Illegals will be able to move back home with huge cash awards from the pockets of these criminal employers. Any Company that would employ Illegals and/or Legals in an unsafe enviorment deserves to get slammed repeatedly.

They will soon find out that it is Business suicide to employ Illegals and you will find that shortly after implementing this that Worker's Comp Ins. companies will refuse to sell ins. to these Criminel Employers as they know it's a lost cause, forcing these companies either out of business or better yet to hire Americans.
I am a contractor who hires American born employees. Last year my workers comp was $18,000.00 This year the same policy, same payroll exposure, no claims was quoted at $25,000.00. What did I do wrong other than following the law?

Where is my savings for not hiring illegals? Who is my premium subsidizing?
The economy is tough, clients are cutting back and receipts are down. How can anyone justify this enormous increase?

The government isn't punishing contractors who hire illegals. It's punishing those of us forced to subsidize the actions of the dishonest contractors and their illegal employees.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 04:09 PM
 
14,306 posts, read 12,759,613 times
Reputation: 2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Blatant hispandering latino azz kissing leading up to the the Nov elections. Again you just can't out hispander a marxist amnesty democratic politician. Should the republicans even try a little hispandering of their own the marxist amnesty democrats come right back and out hispander the republicans in spades. The country is better off if the republicans don't hispander.
The main reason that the Republicans would be better off not hispandering for votes is because only 10 million Hispanics voted in the presidential election. Compare that to the number of non-hispanics who voted. They need to "do the math".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
 
3,948 posts, read 4,133,367 times
Reputation: 1275
Anybody notice that most of the people you see in the image in the article (showing immigrants getting naturalized) don't look Hispanic? And that was an image from Texas. Kinda odd, don't you think? Is this a snapshot of how Hispanics are not naturalizing or even coming here legally, yet, other people are?

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...0070302804.jpg

You'd think in Texas that you'd see the majority of the immigrants getting naturalize as Hispanic.

Last edited by SoEdible; 07-04-2010 at 07:12 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,585 posts, read 26,091,870 times
Reputation: 1761
What I purpose is a swift kick over the Rio Grande.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top