Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
No...I am for border enforcement. Good to see the U.S. Border Patrol doing its job.

That said, I know that illegal aliens from Mexico by and large are not terrorists looking to kill Americans. By contrast, NONE of the 9-11 hijackers were illegal border crossers. They overstayed their visas.

I just think the current hysteria about these type of incidents is totally overblown. Not saying we shouldn't be policing our borders...of course we should.
And how can we tell who is a terrorist and who isn't that is crossing our southern border? Do those looking for work wear a sign on their shirt denoting this? How do we know who is a criminal and who isn't? Again, do they wear a sign on their shirt so we will know? No, there is reason for hysteria under the circumstances when 12-20 million illegals have crossed that border and not all looking for work. Not only that but what about our immigration and work laws? Do they mean nothing to you? What about uncontrolled population growth and all the demands on our resources that is put upon us? What about those immigrants waiting to come here the legal way?

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-08-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,310,577 times
The article says that they were caught walking "across" Camp Pendleton. Does this really mean that they were on military land, near the base or on the base? That can't be OK. If so, isn't that a serious security issue and also, how dumb or carefree are these illegal immigrants? Are they so disrespectful and desperate that they don't even care that they are walking across a US Military Base? I guess we are supposed to give them a slap on the hand though because "they are just here for a better life."

Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 AM

787 posts, read 1,944,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And how can we tell who is a terrorist and who isn't that is crossing our southern border? Do those looking for work wear a sign on their shirt denoting this? How do we know who is a criminal and who isn't? Again, do they wear a sign on their shirt so we will know? No, there is reason for hysteria under the circumstances when 12-20 million illegals have crossed that border and not all looking for work. Not only that but what about our immigration and work laws? Do they mean nothing to you? What about uncontrolled population growth and all the demands on our resources that is put upon us? What about those immigrants waiting to come here the legal way?

Another pointless post. I SAID job well done by the U.S. Border patrol. They caught these guys.

As I stated, we need to police our borders BUT the GREATEST harm done to date was the 9-11 attacks. All 19 hijackers overstayed their VISAS and there were NOT Mexican citizens. All facts which you can not refute. Case closed.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:59 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Quote:
Illegal immigration has been on the DECLINE for the last two years. Have you been living in a cave the last two years?

Illegal immigrant numbers plunge - Los Angeles Times

I don't give a crap about a decline, as long as these illegals keep on coming, we have a problem, not solved yet because we catch some ,OHOOOOOOOOOO. Until no State has a problem with illegals coming over our borders, we have a problem. Big deal we catch a few here and there, look at how many do cross our borders. Calif still has one of the largest populations of illegal imigrants, as long as they are here, we have a problem, who cares how many are gone, as long as they are present in this State we have a problem. If you think are problem is solved with illegals in our State, you must be living in a pretty small cave.

Last edited by california-jewel; 07-09-2010 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Another pointless post. I SAID job well done by the U.S. Border patrol. They caught these guys.

As I stated, we need to police our borders BUT the GREATEST harm done to date was the 9-11 attacks. All 19 hijackers overstayed their VISAS and there were NOT Mexican citizens. All facts which you can not refute. Case closed.
Pointless post? I admitted that the 9/11 terrorists came through our northern border and overstayed their visas so where did I refute that? That does not mean that the next attack won't come from our southern border and their entry be illegally. No one is calling Mexican citizens terrorists or implying that they could be. It is the OTM's (other than Mexicans) that we have to worry about coming through our southern border. The FBI director has said that many of those from known terrorist countries have already slipped through our southern border and disappeared into our country and you call that pointless? No, the case isn't closed and it won't be until we secure both of our borders.

You might try reading other's posts before you make claims about things they never said or never refuted. I note you didn't address any of the other points that I made either.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:10 PM

787 posts, read 1,944,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Pointless post? I admitted that the 9/11 terrorists came through our northern border and overstayed their visas so where did I refute that? That does not mean that the next attack won't come from our southern border and their entry be illegally. No one is calling Mexican citizens terrorists or implying that they could be. It is the OTM's (other than Mexicans) that we have to worry about coming through our southern border. The FBI director has said that many of those from known terrorist countries have already slipped through our southern border and disappeared into our country and you call that pointless? No, the case isn't closed and it won't be until we secure both of our borders.

You might try reading other's posts before you make claims about things they never said or never refuted. I note you didn't address any of the other points that I made either.

Again...where did I say we should NOT police our borders? I've said at least 2 or 3 times in this thread alone that we need to police them. That is why I called your post pointless.....

Old 07-09-2010, 01:16 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,091,323 times
send them to LA or San Fran to live....

Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Again...where did I say we should NOT police our borders? I've said at least 2 or 3 times in this thread alone that we need to police them. That is why I called your post pointless.....
You said this:

"I just think the current hysteria about these type of incidents is totally overblown."

And that is why I pointed out to you the danger of terrorists coming through our southern border. You choose to call it hysteria when unathorized individuals cross our southern border illegally when it is just common sense to be fearful. I never said that you said we shouldn't police our borders but you seem to think it is based on hysteria rather than justified fear. There was nothing pointless about pointing out why it is justified rather than some misplaced hysteria as you are claiming.

Why did you feel the need to bring up the 9/11 terrorists and that they came with visas through our northern border and weren't Mexican citizens? We all know that and I never refuted it but you seem to be using that incident as proof that terrorists would never come through our southern border illegally and we are being hysterical about our southern border.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,450,960 times
Quote:
Illegal immigration has been on the DECLINE for the last two years. Have you been living in a cave the last two years?

Illegal immigrant numbers plunge - Los Angeles Times
That's an old article.
(February 11, 2010)

Old 07-09-2010, 02:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,581,162 times
Quote:
No...I am for border enforcement. Good to see the U.S. Border Patrol doing its job.

That said, I know that illegal aliens from Mexico by and large are not terrorists looking to kill Americans. By contrast, NONE of the 9-11 hijackers were illegal border crossers. They overstayed their visas.

I just think the current hysteria about these type of incidents is totally overblown. Not saying we shouldn't be policing our borders...of course we should.
Quote:

Do you think the families of the thousands of victims of illegal alien rapists, murderers, pedophiles, and drunk drivers feel less pain than those killed by the terrorists on 9/11?

Unfortunately, due to pandering and political correctness, we have no idea how many citizens have been killed due to this illegal invasion. However, FAR more have been victimized by illegal aliens “seeking a better life” than by the attacks on 9/11; and they should not be marginalized. Both are appalling. Sadly, the carnage from illegal immigration is an ongoing tragedy.

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial, Memorial, illegal alien, victim, murdered, killed, David March, Daniel Golden, Ruben Morfin, Scott Gardner, Kris Eggle, Marc Atkinson, OJJPAC, ohio jobs and justice, Steve Salvi, Salvi, ojjpac.org, shaw, killed by

The illegal alien crime wave thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration