Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times

Advertisements

Donations piling in from all 50 states District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Donors contacted by the AP said they contributed because the federal government should be helping Arizona, not taking the state to court
APNewsBreak: $500K donated to Ariz. to defend law - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100708/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_donations - broken link)

Makes sense. Illegal immigration is out of control.

Arizona is standing on a states rights issue, doing what the federal government will not do.

Americans should be supporting a state trying to defend its borders with a foreign country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Democrats and Obama are on the losing side of the immigration debate. Why do you think they leverage the court system to try to sway public opinion? I personally believe this to be the one issue that can and will sink Barack Obama if he creates the perception that he supports amnesty before securing the border. He'll go down in flames. Bet on it.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats and Obama are on the losing side of the immigration debate. Why do you think they leverage the court system to try to sway public opinion? I personally believe this to be the one issue that can and will sink Barack Obama if he creates the perception that he supports amnesty before securing the border. He'll go down in flames. Bet on it.
There's also legal precedent in the courts upholding the Rhode Island police saying that the RI police are allowed to ask immigrants for their legal status. Seems like Obama and Holder forgot about that

Old 07-08-2010, 06:43 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
IMO you are right AeroGuyDC it will sink him if he's considering running again and possibly the Democratic Party. I hate to say this but truthfully I suspect it's the main reason Obama wants Healthcare reform. So more illegals can get free medical care while footing the bill to just about anyone who works legally on the books. What's to stop anyone from another Country from coming to the US then returning to their Country when done getting free care here? BTW that baloney about oh it's only going to be those who make $100,000 or $200,000 or more is just that ...baloney. My salary is less than $40,000.00 and I have to pay a percentage of my salary to healthcare reform.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
If the federal government allows Arizona to make its own immigration laws, it will allow every state to do the same. That's a big reason why it's good for the government to try to stop this.

Another reason: No matter how you analyze it, Latinos generally see this law as a threat to their rights, and as a voting block, their numbers are growing a lot faster than white voters. Republicans may gain in the short-term, but I don't see how this helps them win majorities in the long run.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:57 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,725 times
$500,000 in this depression?

I'm glad this is happening. Shows you how much Americans are aware of it and want something be done about this.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:02 PM

952 posts, read 942,468 times
Quote:

Although this corrupt Anti-American Administration has every intention of ignoring it's duty to secure and defend our borders, and is determined to shove Amnesty for illegals down the throats of 'racist', 'xenophobic', 'bigotted' Americans---I wouldn't bet against Obama and his drones. They are on a mission, and will twist every arm, stretch any regulation, utilize every ounce of power available to undermine the will of patriots, and secure citizenship for scofflaws/future Dems.

THAT is what you can bet on.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Grab the gubmint by the neuticles, and twist ! yay...Arizona.....

Old 07-08-2010, 07:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
The illegals should be rounded up and shipped off to a neutral country, like Washington, D.C.

Ain't no State's rights, there.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Another reason: No matter how you analyze it, Latinos generally see this law as a threat to their rights, and as a voting block, their numbers are growing a lot faster than white voters. Republicans may gain in the short-term, but I don't see how this helps them win majorities in the long run.
Don't count your chicken just yet. Hispanics will divide along philosophical lines just as whites do and for the same reasons. I have a Hispanic friend (legal) here in Texas who removes the mail out of the mailbox of the vacant house next door when he learned illegals were using it to illegally apply for undeserved benefits. I'm sure he is not alone. He is tired of these thieves stealing his SS.

Since I have learned this trick, I closely watch the mailboxes at my rentals when the units are vacant. I would urge other landlords to do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration