Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,775 posts, read 11,902,397 times
Reputation: 11485

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
The thing is that the pro illegal sympathizers/aiders/abettors know that Arizona has every intention of ENFORCING SB1070 because it's mandated that LE HAS to check immigration status of anyone stopped in a lawful contact while other states may pass new immigration laws they didn't mandate that LE HAS to check legal status. The marxist amnesty democrats are desperate to keep as many illegal alien future democratic voters if amnestied from being deported for their grandiose plans of creating a permanent majority in congress through the millions of amnestied democratic voting illegal aliens.
What LE is going to be doing is NO different than what Border Patrol does at various checkpoints I've been through, every day. Sometimes they just wave me on through and sometimes they ask where I'm from, where I'm going, if I'm an American citizen and it never occured to me to be insulted about it. Or to get angry about it. I've been crossing state lines all my life and it's just something they do. Now LE will also do it, I guess, and I don't 'get' how they can figure that as profiling, which is about the biggest complaint I've heard where SB1070 is concerned.

What makes the Democratic party so sure all these illegals, if given Amnesty, are even going to CARE about voting? They aren't, as a rule, interested in assimilating into our "American ways" so why would they care? There are so many Americans that are apathetic about voting I don't know why they'd expect anyone else to be less so. Unfortunately I know way too many people who don't even bother to vote...but they sure get on their soapbox when things aren't to their liking! In my town alone only 17% of registered voters actually voted in the 2008 presidential election. Pretty sad, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 PM
 
14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Reputation: 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
What LE is going to be doing is NO different than what Border Patrol does at various checkpoints I've been through, every day. Sometimes they just wave me on through and sometimes they ask where I'm from, where I'm going, if I'm an American citizen and it never occured to me to be insulted about it. Or to get angry about it. I've been crossing state lines all my life and it's just something they do. Now LE will also do it, I guess, and I don't 'get' how they can figure that as profiling, which is about the biggest complaint I've heard where SB1070 is concerned.

What makes the Democratic party so sure all these illegals, if given Amnesty, are even going to CARE about voting? They aren't, as a rule, interested in assimilating into our "American ways" so why would they care? There are so many Americans that are apathetic about voting I don't know why they'd expect anyone else to be less so. Unfortunately I know way too many people who don't even bother to vote...but they sure get on their soapbox when things aren't to their liking! In my town alone only 17% of registered voters actually voted in the 2008 presidential election. Pretty sad, no?
Most of what you said is true, however the Democrats and those who like socialism (which many Hispanic citizens and other minorities already do) will recruit these former illegals to vote Democrat to ensure a type of government like that continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,775 posts, read 11,902,397 times
Reputation: 11485
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Most of what you said is true, however the Democrats and those who like socialism (which many Hispanic citizens and other minorities already do) will recruit these former illegals to vote Democrat to ensure a type of government like that continues.
Well, like I keep saying, it's going to be really interesting to see how this all washes out. I am more than curious and waiting to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Reputation: 4611
I think these law suits are just decoys to delay SB 1070 from going into effect.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 07-09-2010 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Reputation: 13169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
The thing is that the pro illegal sympathizers/aiders/abettors know that Arizona has every intention of ENFORCING SB1070 because it's mandated that LE HAS to check immigration status of anyone stopped in a lawful contact while other states may pass new immigration laws they didn't mandate that LE HAS to check legal status. The marxist amnesty democrats are desperate to keep as many illegal alien future democratic voters if amnestied from being deported for their grandiose plans of creating a permanent majority in congress through the millions of amnestied democratic voting illegal aliens.
Gee, I wonder how GW Bush would have handled the situation in Arizona?
Let's go back a few years...

"The marxist (no) amnesty republicans (democrats) are desperate to keep as many illegal alien future slaves (democratic voters) if amnestied from being deported for their grandiose plans of creating a permanent slave class for their business bottom lines (majority in congress) ..."

Your posts to crack me up, though. The same words used over and over again, just in different juxtaposition. Don't you realize yet that the majority of Americans want illegal immigration stopped and illegal aliens deported? Democrat and Republican..both want illegals gone. Jeepers, get off the marxist democrats, already. You should already know that our 'representatives' really don't represent us...Democrat and Republican both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: US
3,091 posts, read 3,965,982 times
Reputation: 1648
I heard on the news somewhere that the judge assigned to the case intends to rule in some aspect before the law is set to take effect. If that's true, we'll know pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think these law suits are just decoys to delay SB 1070 from going into effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 PM.

¬© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top