Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times

Advertisements

This took place in New York. Note how everyone was asked for their proof of citizenship.

AZ's law enforcement will be doing the very same type of policing with regard to immigration status within their state.

This isn't racial profiling against "brown" people as some have tried to twist it. It is about equal enforcement of already existing federal immigration laws! What's so hard to understand about that? I don't understand why the Pro-illegal immigration crowd have such a hard time understanding the differences between the two.

Quote:
But a few hours into the cruise, after what began as an apparently routine stop by a marine patrol of local and federal law enforcement officials, two passengers — a Guatemalan caterer hired for the day and Ms. Rich’s boyfriend, David Quinn, an Irishman who had worked for years as a horse-carriage driver in Central Park — were taken away on a police boat by federal immigration officials. Both men were illegal immigrants; they now face deportation.
Immigrants Caught on a Yacht, in Web of Maritime Laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 AM

8,608 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Having lived in Arizona for almost 20 years, I laugh at the thought of some people looking at Arizona as a racist state. We have a fairly large percentage of our population that is Latino. We've worked together, partied together, etc... Yet, that still doesn't negate the fact that it is still against the law to be in this state or country illegally. The pro-illegal supporters and the illegal immigrants can thank themselves for the strong support behind SB1070. With all the sob stories and statements declaring how they were wronged, as well as their sense of "entitlement", it is no surprise that people are sick and tired of illegals abusing the system, committing fraud, and trying to use the victim card to try to get their way. Declaring racism is just another ploy for them to try and fight the battle that they themselves created in the first place.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Having lived in Arizona for almost 20 years, I laugh at the thought of some people looking at Arizona as a racist state. We have a fairly large percentage of our population that is Latino. We've worked together, partied together, etc... Yet, that still doesn't negate the fact that it is still against the law to be in this state or country illegally. The pro-illegal supporters and the illegal immigrants can thank themselves for the strong support behind SB1070. With all the sob stories and statements declaring how they were wronged, as well as their sense of "entitlement", it is no surprise that people are sick and tired of illegals abusing the system, committing fraud, and trying to use the victim card to try to get their way. Declaring racism is just another ploy for them to try and fight the battle that they themselves created in the first place.
I totally agree after having lived in Arizona for many years myself.

Anyone illegal did it to themselves, the parents did it to their children, they made choices, now it is time to live up to it and pay the piper.

I actually have several friends in AZ that are illegals with anchor babies, I feel sorry for them, but self inflicted, time to pay up.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 AM

8,608 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I totally agree after having lived in Arizona for many years myself.

Anyone illegal did it to themselves, the parents did it to their children, they made choices, now it is time to live up to it and pay the piper.

I actually have several friends in AZ that are illegals with anchor babies, I feel sorry for them, but self inflicted, time to pay up.
I too have some friends who are not here legally and I have made it known to them where I stand on the issue, so we do not talk about it anymore.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:59 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
I read that the Irishman overstayed his tourist visa and is being shipped home in 45 days. There's no mention as to the fate of the Guatemalen, nor do they discuss if s/he came here and overstayed a tourist visa, or if s/he just slipped in illegally. It would have made for a more complete report to have given more info on the Guatemalen as well -- such as whether they are being deported.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Uh-oh! Irish people being deported! Will White Americans start charging the DHS with racism? No. This is an example of how the pro-illegal immigration groups that cater to Mexicans and South Americans can't cry racism. It's not about race, it's about the whole moment when a concerned and proud American says, "Say what? This person is here undocumented? Protect our country."

Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
What a great law. Let's put up party posters in the areas heavily frequented by illegals. Make sure the posters are in Spanish to make sure they can understand them.

Offer them a party cruise around NYC. Free happy hour with cerveza flowing freely. Make sure the cruise boat has a foreign flag/registration and cruise it around to the LI Sound where the boat Mr. Quinn was on was boarded.

Apparently SOMEONE on LI Sound is doing their job!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,218 times
I thought it might have been Kerry's boat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration