U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 PM
 
876 posts, read 2,120,460 times
Reputation: 385

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
This thread needs to be moved!!!
Why do you care where this thread is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2010, 09:38 PM
 
65 posts, read 184,171 times
Reputation: 47
Why does this thread need to be moved? This issue affects us NYers as much as it affects Arizonans whether people want to hear it or not. Unless you dont pay taxes......

Of course, we arent experiencing the violence AZ is, we don't border Mexico. That's part of the reason Mexicans are on the spotlight right now, compared to other ethnic groups. Unfair? Sure. But the violence is realm and everyone wants to condemn Gov. Jan Brewer. Question is....what do we do????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 18,705,951 times
Reputation: 8901
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochi loco View Post
Rubies, I agree with you that these people need to be identified and they need to pay taxes. Realistically, how does the government deport 12 million people? However, our President simply wants to appease one of his largest voting blocks. He is only interested in being re-elected. He could care less about breaking the backs of taxpayers. I think a fair, realistic approach would be some sort of identification program where illegals are allowed to work and pay taxes while they qualify for citizenship. Most importantly, our borders need to be shut and the bleeding stopped, as someone else stated.
That was exactly the argument that the government used to get us to give them amnisty the last time. The government promised it would NEVER happen again. Obviously, that did not work. This is why people are so angry now.

We have been told many illegals went back to Mexico because our economy went downhill. We don't have to deport them, just make sure nobody hires them and they'll manage to get home the way they managed to come here in the first place.

I am sorry if people have abused them, but look at all the Latino drug gangs in this country and the damage they have done. Look at their population in our prisons.

No, we cannot give them special papers to work here because Americans are out of work. The lower down the economic ladder you go the higher the unemployment figures are. They are putting Americans out of work by keeping wages for those low level jobs too low. The best plan is to let Americans take those jobs and then THEY will pay the taxes.

They are nothing but a drain on the economy. We can no longer afford them.

Just make sure nobody hires or gives them lodging without really stiff penalties and make sure there are trained inspectors to check on these things. It will be easy to get rid of them. Then, our unemployment figures will change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
2,867 posts, read 4,720,023 times
Reputation: 5247
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
That was exactly the argument that the government used to get us to give them amnisty the last time. The government promised it would NEVER happen again. Obviously, that did not work. This is why people are so angry now.

We have been told many illegals went back to Mexico because our economy went downhill. We don't have to deport them, just make sure nobody hires them and they'll manage to get home the way they managed to come here in the first place.

I am sorry if people have abused them, but look at all the Latino drug gangs in this country and the damage they have done. Look at their population in our prisons.

No, we cannot give them special papers to work here because Americans are out of work. The lower down the economic ladder you go the higher the unemployment figures are. They are putting Americans out of work by keeping wages for those low level jobs too low. The best plan is to let Americans take those jobs and then THEY will pay the taxes.

They are nothing but a drain on the economy. We can no longer afford them.

Just make sure nobody hires or gives them lodging without really stiff penalties and make sure there are trained inspectors to check on these things. It will be easy to get rid of them. Then, our unemployment figures will change.
If our spineless incompetent government would grow the ba**s to enforce the immigration laws already on the books we wouldn’t be in this mess. I think many illegal’s may even self deport if our foolish leaders in Washington would do their job. I read today that many are packing up and leaving AZ already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
 
876 posts, read 2,120,460 times
Reputation: 385
At first I was very pro AZ's new law but after reading about it I am against it. Because of this law many illegals are leaving AZ in record numbers for other states. I dont want anymore illegals here better they stay in AZ then come to NY. We already have an illegal problem now it will get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
2,867 posts, read 4,720,023 times
Reputation: 5247
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
At first I was very pro AZ's new law but after reading about it I am against it. Because of this law many illegals are leaving AZ in record numbers for other states. I dont want anymore illegals here better they stay in AZ then come to NY. We already have an illegal problem now it will get worse.
Maybe because of the migration out of AZ other states (??? incl. NY, someday ???) will have to follow suit and implement those same laws as Arizona. It could come down to where state-by-state we'll do the job of enforcing the illegal immigration laws that the Feds refused to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 18,705,951 times
Reputation: 8901
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
At first I was very pro AZ's new law but after reading about it I am against it. Because of this law many illegals are leaving AZ in record numbers for other states. I dont want anymore illegals here better they stay in AZ then come to NY. We already have an illegal problem now it will get worse.
Boy, that's a really poorly thought out statement.

It sounds like somebody who favored these lawbreakers would say to try to get us to doubt ourselves, but we all know you wouldn't be doing that, don't we?

Other states are following suit (at least 6) with their own versions of the Arizona law.
If Arizona moves them to other states the other states will protest and before you know it, everyone will be speaking English and paying taxes and our own poor(a growing group) will be getting jobs at a decent wage again.
The poorer you are, the higher your unemployment, so Obama's 'new jobs' will be opening up. It is great news and we should support Arizona in any way we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
2,867 posts, read 4,720,023 times
Reputation: 5247
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Boy, that's a really poorly thought out statement.

It sounds like somebody who favored these lawbreakers would say to try to get us to doubt ourselves, but we all know you wouldn't be doing that, don't we?

Other states are following suit (at least 6) with their own versions of the Arizona law.
If Arizona moves them to other states the other states will protest and before you know it, everyone will be speaking English and paying taxes and our own poor(a growing group) will be getting jobs at a decent wage again.
The poorer you are, the higher your unemployment, so Obama's 'new jobs' will be opening up. It is great news and we should support Arizona in any way we can.
I love that!!! (In Bold) Isn't it sad that it takes millions of us angry taxpayers to get pushed in to a corner and still, those fools in DC still don't get it. Obama filing a lawsuit against AZ Don't jump all over me people, I actually voted for this non-starter socialist - Won't make that mistake twice!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 PM
 
6,940 posts, read 9,522,212 times
Reputation: 3147
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
After reading the pros and cons here about illegal aliens, this is what I think:

Our present and prior government has done very little to solve the problem. About 10 to 15 years' ago, when the Illegals began coming here en mass, our government began building a wall on the California side. The wall has been built, the border patrol has become more corrupt, and the problem is still unsolved...............the government has become more wishy-washy, and nothing gets resolved. A lot of these Illegals have children now born in the USA, and are still not paying taxes.

Remember, that we have here Illegal aliens from many parts of the world besides Mexico! They are getting paid under the table, and we are not getting a share of the taxes, so the government should give them amnesty, allow them to identify themselves, work toward citizenship, and pay taxes........problem solved.

Now, we should concentrate our efforts in keeping our borders away from people that want to cross here illegally, and do a better job.............

Illegals pay taxes. If they buy food to eat, they are contributing to the system being that they paid a sales tax.

I think that there is nothing you can do from keeping people from going to a land mass that they wish to be.

Remember. Borders are imaginary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
2,867 posts, read 4,720,023 times
Reputation: 5247
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Illegals pay taxes. If they buy food to eat, they are contributing to the system being that they paid a sales tax.
Are you suggesting that because illegals pay taxes on their food and other purchases that that equates to what we pay in state, federal, and city income tax??? We also pay taxes on all our purchases as well as the ones I mentioned. Sorry, that don't fly!!!! They're paying pennies compared to the rest of us!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top