Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The fear inspired the talented 13-year-old middle school student to write a song about deportation that has become the anthem of a contingent of U.S.-born children who will travel to Washington, D.C., this week with their undocumented parents to march in front of the White House and demand an end to deportations.
Families head to D.C. to protest deportations - Immigration - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/25/v-fullstory/1746539/families-head-to-dc-to-protest.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
And who is paying for all these travels?

Many Americans are giving up family vacations due to unemployment and lowered wages - so where do the illegals find all this money for traveling from one protest to another?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:34 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Good lord - what the FK next? I should give up reading this forum, it just drives me insane.

I guess they can MARCH and PROTEST with impunity - hell we wouldn't actually want them to be ARRESTED and DEPORTED would we?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,798,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Good lord - what the FK next? I should give up reading this forum, it just drives me insane.

I guess they can MARCH and PROTEST with impunity - hell we wouldn't actually want them to be ARRESTED and DEPORTED would we?

I know what you mean.I can start to feel that vein in my head start to pulse more and more,one day it's just going to explode!

You'd think this would be a perfect opportunity for ICE to round them all up and ship them the h@ll outta here!!

Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And who is paying for all these travels?

Many Americans are giving up family vacations due to unemployment and lowered wages - so where do the illegals find all this money for traveling from one protest to another?
Most likely their peddlers/profiteers – La Raza, MALDEF, et al. They have very deep pockets, and can well afford to bankroll their transportation, meals, and hotel accommodations. They’ll probably also enjoy a few sightseeing tours, and a trip to Six Flags for good measure.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM

346 posts, read 707,883 times
Another SOB story where the vast majority of comments are anti-illegal immigration. When will the media give up with these SOB stories?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Quote:
``But we have to go because we have to send a message to the president that he has to solve the immigration problem"
and what if the President answers that he will solve it by deporting ALL illegals? Would they accept that decision? I very much doubt it.

He's OUR President not yours - why don't you go march in Mexico and send a message to YOUR President?????

Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,496,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and what if the President answers that he will solve it by deporting ALL illegals? Would they accept that decision? I very much doubt it.

He's OUR President not yours - why don't you go march in Mexico and send a message to YOUR President?????

Your point sound very ignorant IMHO, Illegals dont all come from mexico, if Messyco wasnt so corrupted it would have one of the better of the worlds economy and many americans, and America itself wouldnt be in so much debt.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
I'm looking at the pictures from that article and I see the mother, who is documented, with her four children (three very young children and one boy who looks about 12). I'm thinking, "What makes them think that we really care about the fact that they have children born here when they, the parents, are illegally here in the first place?" I mean, think about it, they are here undocumented, they are here illegally, they lied and cheated their way in so who really cares that their kids were born here? You can't play the whole sad story about the kids anymore because they are basically kids who were born here via their parents entering the company undocumented. Why would we have sympathy for them? Especially when the parents are having 4 or 6 kids. We're supposed to feel sorry about that and for them?

Oh, EDIT, I should mention, in that picture that I'm talking about, the mother is pregnant, stomach is just sticking out. Makes you wonder if they are receiving WIC or food stamps and why she keeps having children. Like I said before, "Even when the US was all well and nice, people weren't having 5 or 6 kids. So what makes it OK for illegal immigrants to come here and have 4,5 or 6 kids."

Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
This quote is from the article:

Quote:
``Already they are depressed because they miss their father. That's why we are going to Washington, to see if the government can help us.'' [LEFT][/LEFT]
Does anyone else see anything wrong with that last sentence? LOL Does anyone else notice just how corrupt, backwards and messed up it is that an undocumented resident and worker would go to Washington "to see if the government can help us (them)?" Isn't the government supposed to be enforcing the law? Why would this woman think otherwise? What is it about her that makes her so special that she should be given special consideration? What makes illegal immigrants think that they are immune to the government taking action against them being here? What kind of help does she and others want? Is the fact that she has 4 children, three of which that she chose to have here make her special? When does the government help me if I broke the law and did sneaky things? If I did something illegal in regards to taxes, lied on a federal application or something like that, will the US government "help me?"

The day that illegal immigrants stop looking towards the US federal government to help them in cases like this is the day when illegal immigrants will stop coming here or be afraid and go home.

If you really read that article, it is kinda sad and reminds you of how we don't really need this kinda of stuff in the US. When I say, "Sad," I don't mean sad for the undocumented people, I mean that it is messed up that this is going on in the country. We got people here and we don't even know who they are, where they are from, what they did in their previous country, WHY they escaped. They speak about first setting up shack in California, then moving back to Guatemala, then sneaking back into Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration