Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 11:37 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Rep. John R. Carter, R-Texas (31st CD), issued the following news release:

"The President is now in direct violation of U.S. immigration law and the Constitution through this order to bypass the Congress and issue what amounts to a royal amnesty decree for an initial 17,000 lawbreakers," says Carter.
Read more. . .

LexisNexis News - Latest News from over 4,000 sources, including newspapers, tv transcripts, wire services, magazines, journals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,806,604 times
To offer a quote from Theodore Roosevelt -

Quote:
Political parties exist to secure responsible government and to execute the will of the people. From these great tasks both of the old parties have turned aside. Instead of instruments to promote the general welfare they have become the tools of corrupt interests, which use them impartially to serve their selfish purposes. Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics, is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.
Unfortunately in these times we have no statesmen, just self serving political animals.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 AM

252 posts, read 217,214 times
One thing that the television networks, and the bleeding hearts out there need to realize about illegal immigrants....because they are not citizens THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS DO NOT APPLY TO THEM. They have no civil rights per se in this country. Non-citizens that are in this country are either guests that will eventually return to their home, or they are trespassers that need to be sent home. Our founding documents are not a blanket that covers anyone that sets their foot on our soil. How far is our government (and President) willing to push The People before the people push back?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,486,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
One thing that the television networks, and the bleeding hearts out there need to realize about illegal immigrants....because they are not citizens THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS DO NOT APPLY TO THEM. They have no civil rights per se in this country. Non-citizens that are in this country are either guests that will eventually return to their home, or they are trespassers that need to be sent home. Our founding documents are not a blanket that covers anyone that sets their foot on our soil. How far is our government (and President) willing to push The People before the people push back?
But Obama is a CONSTITUTIONAL EXPERT

Should he not know better and what about Eric Holder
is he not responsible as the top law enforcer

What ever could they be up to

Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,358,381 times
I knew that everything the US Government does against the people, would be back to bite them in the a$$.
"What goes around, comes around"

Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,230,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post

Tell you what, go shoot an Illegal and see what happens to you.
Try to not be so ignorant about your own laws and constitution.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,725,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Like this guy?

Edwin Ramos was born in El Salvador, where he was raised by his grandmother. Moderator cut: shortened, please provide a link to the original source

Since you seem to fancy yourself to be well versed in law while believing the rest of us to be so ignorant, I'd like to avail myself of your knowledge.

Based upon our laws and Constitution, how can the free ride that illegal alien Edwin Ramos received from our own government time and time again possibly be condoned?

If this case throws you off a little, let me know...I've got hundreds of cases involving known illegal aliens, arrested and released numerous times, who finally killed American citizens. We'd be right happy if you could analyze 'em for the rest of us non-lawyerly types.

Last edited by Yac; 09-01-2010 at 04:13 AM..

Old 08-31-2010, 11:46 AM

50,064 posts, read 46,618,493 times
Quote:
I hate to be the carrier of bad news for you but right here, right now, we have 2 completely different sets of laws in the US. One set is for US Citizens and another completely lax set for Illegal Aliens.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:54 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,597,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
But Obama is a CONSTITUTIONAL EXPERT

Should he not know better and what about Eric Holder
is he not responsible as the top law enforcer

What ever could they be up to

They know better. But are just hoping we the dumb masses will not notice. This is what weasels do.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 PM

252 posts, read 217,214 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? How did you come to the conclusion to shoot an illegal?? I know a great deal more about our Constitution and founding documents than most my age, and certainly more than many my senior. "Shoot an illegal and see what happens to you"?! I know exactly what would happen to me. The problem with too many liberals is they haven't yet come down off their 60's acid trip to realize that the world is not a fair place, yet. The laws of the land are supposed to be blind to color or creed, but now it appears as though that is all some people care to focus on. If I (being white) were to shoot and kill a Hispanic illegal alien, or African-American, the first thing that some would think was that it was a hate crime. I'm suppose to live to a standard that doesn't apply to people that have no right to be here.

I am in no way ignorant of the laws and our Constitution. I learned about it the old fashioned way, by reading it myself, not by taking in someone else's politically slanted interpretation of it. Pull your head out of your orifice and realize that there is a cause and effect that is unavoidable when too many immigrants come in illegally. Neighborhoods turn into ghettos; crime escalates.

Take a look at the conditions of cities with heavy illegal immigrant populations and tell me if they resemble the Shangri La that you seem to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration