Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:11 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,867,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You mean it was one of the original 13 Colonies?
Arizona was ceded to the US by Mexico after the Mexican War (you added state of, not I)
Check the upper right corner and see where I live.
My house is in the Gadsden purchse that was bought from Mexico
There were Mexicans and Apaches living here before any Americans although the Spanish and Apache got here about the same time
No, I mean that Mexico has never HAD a state called Arizona........

same old tired arguments I see, is that all you got?

Okay, for your sake - as you stated Mexico CEDED what is now the state of Az to the USA.......that means it is NO LONGER Mexico's - was that clear enough for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 06:39 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,762,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They came here "not" in violation of our immigration laws. Does that make it clearer for you? Many still do. Far too many do not.
Living on the border, I get a kick out of you lecturing me about it.
Most migrant workers go back and forth regularly and don't want to be US Citizens. Stand out on I-10 before Christmas and watch them heading south, oh that's right, you are thousands of miles away.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
No, I mean that Mexico has never HAD a state called Arizona........

same old tired arguments I see, is that all you got?

Okay, for your sake - as you stated Mexico CEDED what is now the state of Az to the USA.......that means it is NO LONGER Mexico's - was that clear enough for you?
I live here, you don't. If you want to tell me how I have to live come here Until then worry about where you live

Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,351,867 times
Quote:
Living on the border, I get a kick out of you lecturing me about it.
Most migrant workers go back and forth regularly and don't want to be US Citizens. Stand out on I-10 before Christmas and watch them heading south, oh that's right, you are thousands of miles away.
What does you living on the border have to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws? I am lecturing you? About what? If these migrant workers are going back and forth without the proper papers then they are violating our immigration laws whether or not they want to be citizens is irrelevant. So illegal aliens or other Mexicans are heading south for Christimas. What has that do with anything? Do you have some kind of point to make at all in here?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:12 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,867,311 times
Quote:
I live here, you don't. If you want to tell me how I have to live come here Until then worry about where you live

I don't recall telling you how to live - just addressing your invalid "arguments"

I DO worry about "where I live" which happens to be the USA not some weird realm in your head where illegal immigration doesn't exist.

I don't know why you think only those who live in border states have a right to have an opinion on the matter.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,740,527 times
If you don't like what America is becoming, you can work to change it. You're also free to leave.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you don't like what America is becoming, you can work to change it. You're also free to leave.
Oh do share with us what America is becoming. I can hardly wait. Americans don't need to leave but illegal aliens and their supporters should.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What does you living on the border have to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws? I am lecturing you? About what? If these migrant workers are going back and forth without the proper papers then they are violating our immigration laws whether or not they want to be citizens is irrelevant. So illegal aliens or other Mexicans are heading south for Christimas. What has that do with anything? Do you have some kind of point to make at all in here?
Then arrest the OWNERS of the Meat Packing Plants and Chicken Processing Plants that employ them. Lock up the workers and a hundred new workers will show up tomorrow. Here in Cochise County we sent an OWNER to jail for 2 years under the existing FEDERAL LAW. There is no need for more laws just arrest the employers

Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Then arrest the OWNERS of the Meat Packing Plants and Chicken Processing Plants that employ them. Lock up the workers and a hundred new workers will show up tomorrow. Here in Cochise County we sent an OWNER to jail for 2 years under the existing FEDERAL LAW. There is no need for more laws just arrest the employers
Many employers have already been fined and jailed. Don't you read the news at all? I think the illegal employees should be deported and many of them have been. What will stop both the employer and the illegal employee is e-verify mandated in every workplace but the pro-illegal sympathizers fight it tooth and nail. Taking away all incentives for illegal aliens to come here will do the trick. No jobs, no benefits and no instant citizens plus we need to militarize our border.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The only group that has a higher fertility rate than the hispanics are the muslims. It's a double edged sword that is soon to seal our doom in the next 30 years. Hold on liberals.... You're about to get what you wish for.
Mormons if you check the stats for Maricopa County, I don't really find the birthrate for muslims in Maricopa County scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration