Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:48 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,853,951 times

Advertisements

I think this was a case of an IDIOT driver who thought that she had a glimmer of hope of maybe having hit an illegal and thus perhaps being able to weasel out of the damage she caused. If she's that stupid she probably couldn't find AZ on the map let alone know who Jan Brewer is or what SB1070 was.

If it had been me I would have said "I don't have one" and then waited for her next move LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:49 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,546,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I understood the OP to mean that Jan Brewer's vision of America supports this type of behavior.
The idea that Jan Brewer's vision supports the type of behavior mentioned by the OP is outrageous and the overwhelming majority of Americans support SB1070. The OP was trying to get reactions out of people and had nothing to support her argument other than hate speech. The Sieg Heil diminishes credibility from her argument.

Last edited by D-Towner; 09-09-2010 at 12:20 AM..

Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 PM

406 posts, read 496,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I think this was a case of an IDIOT driver who thought that she had a glimmer of hope of maybe having hit an illegal and thus perhaps being able to weasel out of the damage she caused. If she's that stupid she probably couldn't find AZ on the map let alone know who Jan Brewer is or what SB1070 was.

If it had been me I would have said "I don't have one" and then waited for her next move LMAO
I think you hit this one out of the park! LMAO. I actually backed into an old beat up landscaping truck and the guy told me "no problem, no problem". Then he just drove off.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 AM

516 posts, read 376,663 times
To answer your question, jill, yes.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,803,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
So my wonderful husband, Dane_In_LA, just got home from work and told me he had a terrible day that started with him being rear-ended on the way into the office this morning. For the moment, he's fine, but she hit him hard enough that things went flying in the car (CDs off the seat and such), so he's going to have to look out for stiffness to possibly settle in.

But I digress. He and the woman who hit him get out of their respective vehicles and exchange insurance information, though she initially refused to actually show him her driver license and insurance card, but just wanted to hand him a piece of paper with whatever information she wrote on it, which, for all he knew may have been inaccurate. He was more than polite to her (the man has no temper -- even I can't get him riled up ).

But as he spoke, she noticed that he has an accent, so she asked him where he was from and he told her he was from Denmark. And that's when things go completely off the rails.

"I'd like to see your Green Card,"
she said.

Classify yourself and your immigrant husband, as those of us who, as an integral part of the growing class of thoughtless and conscience starved people here in America who wouldn't consider elevating themselves beyond the other thoughtless immigrants who would breach and affront your sensitivities unless they were carrying a pistol, a Quaran, or a copy of our newly rewritten constitution, their front fenders or their newly constituted sense of a guaranteed American entitlement has driven these interloping foreigners to every occasion of road rage, public handouts, low-riding and tricked-out Hondas and every plagiarized ( but rapidly failing),emulation of our once secure society. Whether it be constituted in the mistaken indignation of having to seek or secure a valid green-card, validation which predates the " black market" purchase of an "identification card' of that falsely inspired 'new' American" who believes that he or she has a greater rights than you or I, to quote or evoke their "rights" over your husbands rights and have been duly schooled in blaming that dent in his fender or his asceding to a fearfully formulated psyche, blaming whatever happens on pure happenstance,is an obvious extension of our willingness as citizens, to accept the fact that we have been overrun and overcome as the constituent body of souls who've originally signed on to this new and terribly distorted, American ethic which tears so tragically at our national fabric.

Long ago, our policies were formed in the idyllic concept that we, as citizens, were taught to put our best face or foot, forward. If you subscribe to the dogmatic premise that we are still one people of a common nation, you have much left to learn. We've become so sadly splintered as a multitude of factions, each groping for recognition, validation and understanding, by others whom we personally care less about understanding as we grapple with the more prevalent issues of self survival here in this swill hole of political effluence that has arrived upon our bleak horizon.

It was Schindler who stood up against the corrupt madmen of his time. He was a concerned humanitarian, not affected by race, religion or the stigmatic assignments of the German oppressors who sought to decimate a population of those who very much like ourselves, wanted only to live and let live. In my esteem, Jan Brewer is a patriot, a Joan of Arc. My admiration is always hel for those who meet the obvious face of injustice nd make a personal decision to act out against it. You may hold her in whatever low esteem that your Neanderthal logic might foolishly reduce her to but I'll always be proud to be a fellow American who has reached the limit of having to separate the America that we once knew and believed in, from this sad collection of ill informed whiners who can't make the differentiation between tweeting, facebook and an honest attempt at coming together in the sincere hope of finding a resolution to the many problems which face us ALL in this new day.

What?

The?

FLICK???

Just where in the bloody hell does she think she is, Nazi Germany? Or perhaps Arizona, since that's the kind of attitude that hate-filled laws like Jan Brewer enacts engenders in society.

Screw her and the horse she rode in on. "I'd like to see your Green Card." As if.
fff

Old 09-09-2010, 01:44 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,853,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Classify yourself and your immigrant husband, as those of us who, as an integral part of the growing class of thoughtless and conscience starved people here in America who wouldn't consider elevating themselves beyond the other thoughtless immigrants who would breach and affront your sensitivities unless they were carrying a pistol, a Quaran, or a copy of our newly rewritten constitution, their front fenders or their newly constituted sense of a guaranteed American entitlement has driven these interloping foreigners to every occasion of road rage, public handouts, low-riding and tricked-out Hondas and every plagiarized ( but rapidly failing),emulation of our once secure society. Whether it be constituted in the mistaken indignation of having to seek or secure a valid green-card, validation which predates the " black market" purchase of an "identification card' of that falsely inspired 'new' American" who believes that he or she has a greater rights than you or I, to quote or evoke their "rights" over your husbands rights and have been duly schooled in blaming that dent in his fender or his asceding to a fearfully formulated psyche, blaming whatever happens on pure happenstance,is an obvious extension of our willingness as citizens, to accept the fact that we have been overrun and overcome as the constituent body of souls who've originally signed on to this new and terribly distorted, American ethic which tears so tragically at our national fabric.

Long ago, our policies were formed in the idyllic concept that we, as citizens, were taught to put our best face or foot, forward. If you subscribe to the dogmatic premise that we are still one people of a common nation, you have much left to learn. We've become so sadly splintered as a multitude of factions, each groping for recognition, validation and understanding, by others whom we personally care less about understanding as we grapple with the more prevalent issues of self survival here in this swill hole of political effluence that has arrived upon our bleak horizon.

It was Schindler who stood up against the corrupt madmen of his time. He was a concerned humanitarian, not affected by race, religion or the stigmatic assignments of the German oppressors who sought to decimate a population of those who very much like ourselves, wanted only to live and let live. In my esteem, Jan Brewer is a patriot, a Joan of Arc. My admiration is always hel for those who meet the obvious face of injustice nd make a personal decision to act out against it. You may hold her in whatever low esteem that your Neanderthal logic might foolishly reduce her to but I'll always be proud to be a fellow American who has reached the limit of having to separate the America that we once knew and believed in, from this sad collection of ill informed whiners who can't make the differentiation between tweeting, facebook and an honest attempt at coming together in the sincere hope of finding a resolution to the many problems which face us ALL in this new day.
Good LORD. That was totally incomprehensible.

Have you considered running for public office?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
A federal judge recently struck down this provision in the Arizona law. LE agents in Arizona can no longer ask for proof of citizenship during routine traffic stops. Google it.
The judge's ruling will be overturned, since she really didn't base it on anything.

If you have a driver with no ID, no license, can't speak English, can't identify himself.....you don't have a problem with that?

First of all, ALL foreign residents here legally MUST carry their "green card". Second, I didn't know it was LEGAL to drive a car without a license and insurance.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Now that's disturbing.

"she initially refused to actually show him her driver license and insurance card, but just wanted to hand him a piece of paper with whatever information she wrote on it, which, for all he knew may have been inaccurate" -- and a sneak, too!

"Jan Brewer's America", exactly.

What's even more disturbing is you accept this tale as fact without any proof any of it actually took place.

Fake doctors, fake kids, fake fainters, fake Tea Party protesters, now I'm supposed to believe the "papers please" story?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:13 AM

52,792 posts, read 34,678,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If the woman had asked for my green card she would not have liked my answer. But.. I don't see how one moron can be related to some rant about illegals and states laws.

Your husband deals with a deadhead and it's becomes a thread related to and calling someone a Nazi

That's makes less sense then the woman who hit your husband.
In order to maintain her natural state of perpetual outrage, the OP is more than happy to build upon the flimsiest foundations imaginable

Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,042,346 times
Quote:
A federal judge recently struck down this provision in the Arizona law. LE agents in Arizona can no longer ask for proof of citizenship during routine traffic stops. Google it.
During a traffic stop you provide your DL to the police. In Arizona that is sufficient proof of legal residence in that state.

The struck down provision ruled that police could not build reasonable suspicion that someone is in the country illegally and use that to require ID.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, so please quit trying to pretend that you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration