Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:21 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,182,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Enlighten me why "the line" is so special. And you can't say "because that's how it's always been done". Really, I want to know what is so fracking amazing about the current way we give citizenships to people that prevents us from ever changing or questioning or replacing it with something better.
Bcause by getting in line, and immigrating legally, a person is checked for communicable diseases, long term illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, ms, etc, and a criminal background check is done. They also have a job waiting, or a sponsor who agrees to provide for them if necessary, so they won't become a burden on taxpayers. Illegal aliens have none of these checks, nor a guaranteed means of support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 09:19 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,772,032 times
Most voters?

Right, that's why phone calls to Congress were running 3 to 1 against the Dream Act.

Maybe most voters who don't understand the ramifications of this piecemeal sort of legislation. Maybe the poll should read 52% of uninformed voters....

Old 09-25-2010, 04:48 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,549,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Enlighten me why "the line" is so special. And you can't say "because that's how it's always been done". Really, I want to know what is so fracking amazing about the current way we give citizenships to people that prevents us from ever changing or questioning or replacing it with something better.
"Because that's how it's always been done" is one statement I would not make. I am all for change if change is needed. I think our current system could be improved by hiring more workers to speed the process for those who truly desire to be American's.
Thanks to everyone who already answered the "line" question. It is so simple that a 5 year old understands: anyone in front of the line is cutting in and that is just not right.
I want to know what is so "fracking amazing" about poor people entering our country illegally. What makes them so "fracking" special?

Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,771,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Most voters?

Right, that's why phone calls to Congress were running 3 to 1 against the Dream Act.

Maybe most voters who don't understand the ramifications of this piecemeal sort of legislation. Maybe the poll should read 52% of uninformed voters....
Didn't you post a poll from the same polling firm not to long ago? I guess you only like the polls that back up your points of views. I find it funny how the hardliners on here are so quick to insult and belittle anyone who doesn't share their point of view on this issue.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM

50,637 posts, read 47,480,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
This is a trick to let in illegals. You see once the kid says he will go to college(it wont be verified) he will then claim the right FOR ALL OF HIS ILLEGAL RELATIVES HERE and those back home to become legal....
And, once here what is the assurance that they won't skip out just like 1/2 of all Illegals that are here already from expired Visas? These "immigrants" have proven it is hard to trust them with that kind of track record.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:59 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,718,241 times
Why can't the U.S enforce the law? Its so simple, a caveman could do it

Old 09-27-2010, 03:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,616,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And, once here what is the assurance that they won't skip out just like 1/2 of all Illegals that are here already from expired Visas? These "immigrants" have proven it is hard to trust them with that kind of track record.
None whatsoever. Illegals know we have a reputation for failing to enforce immigration laws. In 1986, Ted Kennedy promised if we passed amnesty, there would NEVER be another, and our laws would be enforced.

Millions will be legalized, but only a handful will even attempt to attend college or enter our military. It will be another failed amnesty, with even more disastrous results than previously.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,319,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Didn't you post a poll from the same polling firm not to long ago? I guess you only like the polls that back up your points of views. I find it funny how the hardliners on here are so quick to insult and belittle anyone who doesn't share their point of view on this issue.
If it DOES prove a point, what's the problem with doing that?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,850,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
But NOT college. SC rulings CAN be overturned by future Supreme Court judges who may see it differently.
Very very rarely will one SC overturn another's rulling. In the first place, there needs to be a court case in which the plaintiff believes that they were harmed by having undocumented children from attending school.

Quote:
A prominent attorney who had argued hundreds of cases before the Supreme Court once remarked that the Supreme Court is not final because it's right, it is right because it is final. The Court's position as the court of last appeal and as the highest court in the land means that its decisions are binding and largely unchangeable. Once the Court has ruled, its decisions have all the effect and permanency of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration