Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:33 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Tea baggers is an offensive term to use for the members of the Tea Party movement. Find out what tea bagger really implies.

And just what do the Dems and liberals call the Tea Partiers besides racists, etc.? Pot, kettle, black.
Teabaggers call themselves teabaggers. And liberals call themselves liberals, NOT Lib...urrr...als.
I have never called a Tea Partier a racist, but I have outed Teabaggers as being against disabled Americans:

YouTube - Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 03:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Teabaggers call themselves teabaggers. And liberals call themselves liberals, NOT Lib...urrr...als.
I have never called a Tea Partier a racist, but I have outed Teabaggers as being against disabled Americans:

YouTube - Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim
Provide proof that the Tea Partiers refer to themselves as "teabaggers" then. As for that video, what did the sign say that the man was holding? Was it something offensive? I couldn't read it. It is also possible that these so-called teapartiers were actually a radical fringe element of the movement. Just like the pro-illegals and liberals have their radical fringe elements. I don't know of any policy of the Teapartiers that denies contributions to the disabled. Something is amiss here and I smell a rat. Liberals will twist anything to make the Tea Party movement look bad.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:22 PM

848 posts, read 1,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am a world citizen. I wish the best for everyone in the world. I truly wish that everyone had water to drink and I wish everyone had food. I wish everyone had good shelter and I wish that everyone slept somewhere they felt safe. I truly wish no one was at war with anyone.

But it cannot be at the expense of first world countries. It cannot be at the expense of the USA anymore. And I sound selfish but the only countries I care about are USA and Canada (because they are our neighbors). Everything else, deal with your own issues.

And for the record, I am not against USA helping other countries if OUR COUNTRY IS FINE FIRST. That is vital and necessary. If we were blooming and there was no recession/depression, then by all means. Go help those who need it. But we are so effed up as it is, we simply cannot afford it.
The system told me I can't rep you again.

If I could BUY a rep point, I would for this post.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Ah, I knew if I searched enough I would find the truth. This man with Parkinson's was a counter-protestor to the Teapartiers. They weren't mocking his disease they were mocking his views. Interesting how the looney left only tell half of the story, isn't it?

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-29-2010 at 03:43 PM..

Old 09-29-2010, 03:33 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Apparently belieiving the motto of "Give us your poor, give us your tired, give us your huddled masses wanting to be free" is now a trait of being a "loony liberal"

Exactly..it's always been that way...where have you people been? Take your heads out of your rear ends.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Apparently belieiving the motto of "Give us your poor, give us your tired, give us your huddled masses wanting to be free" is now a trait of being a "loony liberal"
That invitation doesn't apply to criminals and those that predetermine our laws don't apply to them does it? Maybe "loony" is the proper term then if they believe it.

Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled criminals? I don't remember reading that part.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
No, it isn’t a trait of a loony liberal. However, it IS a trait of a bleeding heart. Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that we are not obligated to grant admission to every person in the world? When did U.S. residency/citizenship become a global entitlement?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it isn’t a trait of a loony liberal. However, it IS a trait of a bleeding heart. Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that we are not obligated to grant admission to every person in the world? When did U.S. residency/citizenship become a global entitlement?

Never- that's when

Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM

487 posts, read 636,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Everyone does NOT have the right to come to America. Who comes up with this stuff?

What happens when a ship is sinking? You sure as hell don't add more people on the ship. The USA is a ship. A god damned SINKING ship and putting more burden/weight on it (people who don't speak English, people who don't have useful skills, people who just want to sit on welfare, third world mentality and cultures) will make us ALL sink.

The sooner people understand this, the better. I don't get why it is such a hard concept to get. There are hardly any jobs for people here now and you want to take all the other countries people? Common sense, people. COMMON SENSE!
It doesn't make sense because the goal is actually to sink the ship. They see it as a prerequisite for a communist revolution.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:15 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,053 times
America is a huge place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration