U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,612 posts, read 12,361,925 times
Reputation: 3120

Advertisements

IF it's "too hard" to re-interpret the 14th, how about ANY child born in the USA does not become eligible for ANY benefits unless their (or at least one of) parents have legal status in the USA or they turn 18, whichever comes first?

In other words NO child not born in the USA from either legal USC parents or LPRs can be used as an "anchor" for the purpose of gaining benefits? It would just mean that they as citizens (naturally born) would have no RIGHTS as USC until they reach their majority - basically they receive the rights to benefits at the same time they receive the right to vote.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,170 posts, read 17,619,365 times
Reputation: 3036
The denial of benefits would not only reduce illegal immigration, but also the number of illegals who give birth here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2010, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 18,492,137 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The denial of benefits would not only reduce illegal immigration, but also the number of
Quote:
illegals who give birth here.
I fit didn't. there definitly would be a health problem.
All of the illegal Latina's should have their tubes tied, or a what's it called? a "visectomy"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,407 posts, read 12,161,062 times
Reputation: 2265
this post by mkf is the epitome of ignorance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I fit didn't. there definitly would be a health problem.
All of the illegal Latina's should have their tubes tied, or a what's it called? a "visectomy"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
 
Location: San Diego
46,270 posts, read 41,282,709 times
Reputation: 30363
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this post by mkf is the epitome of ignorance...
Well, if you cannot support your children without leeching off others(which we allow) they would starve. Many Countries do this as the population is too stupid to figure it out.

Evolution News & Views: The Inconvenient Truth About Population Control, Part 2; Science Czar John Holdren's Endorsement of Involuntary Sterilization

Let's just hope the US remains wealthy enough to continue supporting those abusing it. If we don't, we will see civil war.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,595,525 times
Reputation: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
IF it's "too hard" to re-interpret the 14th, how about ANY child born in the USA does not become eligible for ANY benefits unless their (or at least one of) parents have legal status in the USA or they turn 18, whichever comes first?

In other words NO child not born in the USA from either legal USC parents or LPRs can be used as an "anchor" for the purpose of gaining benefits? It would just mean that they as citizens (naturally born) would have no RIGHTS as USC until they reach their majority - basically they receive the rights to benefits at the same time they receive the right to vote.

NO child not born in the US from either legal USC parents...

If the parents are US citizens...are you saying their child is "illegal" if born outside the US or its territories and possesions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,595,525 times
Reputation: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this post by mkf is the epitome of ignorance...
this entire post is brain-numbing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 18,492,137 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
this entire post is brain-numbing.
You do have options.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,612 posts, read 12,361,925 times
Reputation: 3120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
NO child not born in the US from either legal USC parents...

If the parents are US citizens...are you saying their child is "illegal" if born outside the US or its territories and possesions?
Obviously ANY child born of LEGAL citizens or residents is a natural born citizen - I'm talking about those children born here of ILLEGALS

Im talking about the status of their parents not where they're born.

Try not to be deliberately obtuse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM
 
25,053 posts, read 26,457,396 times
Reputation: 11741
If we only had benefits for US citizens, I think the number of 3rd world immigrants we take in every year would be dramatically reduced, especially with Mexicans since most are giving birth to anchors in hopes that they can live off benefits and get sponsorship when their children are 21. I think we also need to do away with sponsoring all relatives for immigration here, unless they are your spouse. Too many people, especially people from the 3rd world, come here, and then sponsor their parents to come live with them, and those parents sponsor their siblings, who then sponsor their kids, so now you have the original immigrant coming over, their parents, and their cousins as well. Don't think this doesn't happen, it does. ALL THE TIME.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top