Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

That's the problem with open borders and completely unenforced immigration laws. Open borders allow the very worst type of criminals to come on over. In fact it makes crime very easy - you can kill, rape, rob and whatever else in one country and easily get over to the other side where you will never face justice. Open borders encourage criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 07:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The 2 links posted today have been illegal-immigrant-on-illegal-immigrant crimes. If Congressman King's unsubstantiated claim that "12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day" is to be believed then there would a pool of over 3,000 murdered American citizens just this year that can be linked to. Likewise over 2,400 reports of American children molested by illegals. Illegals aren't necessarily angels but real world reports of them murdering and raping innocent Americans are thankfully few and far between.
It's really not that few.

When you look at what is going on just over the border and realize that there is nothing stopping anyone from coming over to the USA side, it's only surprising there isn't more crime - but there will be.

Carjackings in Juarez are at absurd levels. Completely outrageous levels. It's foolish for Americans to believe that criminals don't make just as much use of our extremely lax laws as everyone else.

And it's absurd to believe that illegally crossing the border somehow changes the nature of a violent criminal.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

When you look at what is going on just over the border and realize that there is nothing stopping anyone from coming over to the USA side, it's only surprising there isn't more crime - but there will be.

Carjackings in Juarez are at absurd levels. Completely outrageous levels. It's foolish for Americans to believe that criminals don't make just as much use of our extremely lax laws as everyone else.

Quote:
And it's absurd to believe that illegally crossing the border somehow changes the nature of a violent criminal.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Quote:

Agreed. There is a criminal element in the illegal population but the claims that illegals murder 12 American citizens a day is exaggerated and unsubstantiated. That's 1/3rd of all murders in America yet there are very few actual cases that proponents of this number can cite. Murder rates are declining not increasing .. and are not correlated with illegal immigration.

Mexico - esp. Juarez - has increased crime because law enforcement has collapsed through fear, intimidation, death, death threats, & bribes. Crimes can be committed with little fear of investigation or being caught. They are on better behavior in the US because the odds of being caught are significantly higher.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
Oh, boo hoo. I don't care if it was 3 months ago or 10 years ago. It doesn't make it any less important. This young girl will probably carry this incident with her through her entire life marked as a tragedy!

The illegal aliens are constantly raping, torturing, kidnapping and murdering the women and children of America and have been for years on end! If anyone wants to over look this that would be a big mistake! I'd say the illegal aliens have wiped out a whole generation of kids. I guess they want to make way for their illegal alien brood to take over. The illegal aliens have started a war on Americas most venerable citizens. We concerned citizens have the right to speak out against them!!!

It's your business if you want to stick up for illegal aliens, sounds to me like a personal problem. Don't put me down because I care about my own country and people. I guess you care about your own people too, by sticking up for illegal aliens. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Every day 12 Americans are murdered by an illegal alien. Another 13 Americans are killed by uninsured drunk illegal aliens and Eight American Children are victims of a sex crime committed by an illegal alien each day! http://www.house.gov/apps/list/hearing/ia05_king/col_20060505_bite.html

Just as you realise the age of the story has no importantance on the horrendous nature of the crime, then you should realise the actors are just as cupable regardless of their immigration status. The actors being illegal aliens does not add to-or take away from this crime.

If your contention is, that this young person would not have been assulted if "they" were not in this country, has as much logical validity as saying..."I would not have been hit by that bus, if I had not left the house today"; or if you insist on this line of logic, simply state...All crime would be less if no illegal aliens were not in this country-and dont cite individual cases to make that point. One doen not have to use the tragedy of this young woman to make that point...do they?

Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Just as you realise the age of the story has no importantance on the horrendous nature of the crime, then you should realise the actors are just as cupable regardless of their immigration status. The actors being illegal aliens does not add to-or take away from this crime.

If your contention is, that this young person would not have been assulted if "they" were not in this country, has as much logical validity as saying..."I would not have been hit by that bus, if I had not left the house today"; or if you insist on this line of logic, simply state...All crime would be less if no illegal aliens were not in this country-and dont cite individual cases to make that point. One doen not have to use the tragedy of this young woman to make that point...do they?

The only problem with THAT argument is that if and when we do just that we are immediately attacked by pro illegals saying "where's your PROOF?" "Show us examples"...............Yet you don't like it when we CAN offer specific examples of crimes committed by people WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE.......what PART of that is so hard for you to understand?

We have enough home grown criminals tyvm, we don't need another country's dregs. That's why LEGAL immigrants have to pass police/FBI checks

Old 10-12-2010, 09:52 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The only problem with THAT argument is that if and when we do just that we are immediately attacked by pro illegals saying "where's your PROOF?" "Show us examples"...............Yet you don't like it when we CAN offer specific examples of crimes committed by people WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE.......what PART of that is so hard for you to understand?

We have enough home grown criminals tyvm, we don't need another country's dregs. That's why LEGAL immigrants have to pass police/FBI checks
then argue that point...is my point. Dont use others tragedies. If your point is valid, it makes no diffrence what I understand or dont.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

When did they eliminate the check points at Bridge of the Americas, Santa Teresa, etc.? I could have sworn they reported on the usual back-ups this morning.

A recent example of letting just anybody through:

CBP Officers Bust Three Body Carriers with Ecstasy and Cocaine during the Weekend - CBP.gov (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/local/09012010_2.xml - broken link)

Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
then argue that point...is my point. Dont use others tragedies. If your point is valid, it makes no diffrence what I understand or dont.
Gosh, excuse me, but I was under the impression that's exactly what the OP was doing - providing yet one MORE example of the type of acts these "poor law abiding illegals" perpetrate in THIS country where they should NOT be.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Gosh, excuse me, but I was under the impression that's exactly what the OP was doing - providing yet one MORE example of the type of acts these "poor law abiding illegals" perpetrate in THIS country where they should NOT be.
that's not at all what the OP is apparently doing. More than enough of his/her posts have to do with discussing the minutiae of sexual assaults of females. That points to where the OP's interests lie and it's not necessarily with curtailing illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration