Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Take a breath...My statement AGAIN is...Your post acts as if "amnesty" is something new and can only be associated to this administration. As far as the rest of your diatribe. NO WHERE did I indicate that it was right or wrong that Reagan gave blanket amnesty of 5 million which could have included violent felons. No where in my post did I indicate that Obama should give blanket amnesty to 11 million including violent felons. What my post did indicate was everyone is in a uproard with this Administration concerning a debate as well as the possible path forward that both sides have been trying to circumvent for years. I would really be interested to know how YOU believe 11 million who are here illegally are supposed to be ushered out of the country and who will pay for it?
As we have seen in the past strict enforcment of our laws has the desired effect. What fails is when enforcment is only done in select areas. Example Az. The illegals will flee to a state that does not enforce. If the Fed did a nation wide crack down illegals would in fact self deport.
The initial cost might be high but as compared to the current costs states are claiming the long term would benefit us all.
Once again I never claimed nor indicated that Obama's approach was anything new. That you assumed on your own. Because I didn't mention early Admins does suggest that they or anyone else is free of blame. I opted to discuss the admin in power today because quite simply that is where the blame lies today. We can't change the past but, we can learn from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
First of all NO not making an excuse, just a statement. So your stating that its alright for a CITIZEN to break the law because they have the right too as a citizen . I would much rather have a law abiding person who over stayed their visa living next door to me than a drug dealer or child molestor. Let me be clear, I don't believe in blanket amnesty, but I also do not believe in removing a young person from this country that was bought over by their parents. I also do not believe that illegals should recieve welfare, social security or medicaid.
Never said it was alright for anyone to break the law. Once again you misquote. This is becoming a trend for you.
As for law abiding who over stayed a VISA. Seems to me that they stopped being law abiding the second they opted to ignore the terms of their VISA.
I don't dispute the idea about the young being penalized for the deeds of their parents. Just as I may not agree with many laws on the books. However, I do believe in requiring citizens legal and otherwise to be held accountable for their crimes. As for the young. Although they had no choice in the matter it is their parents who have made them the victim. Not our laws, nor our enforcment of our laws.
A legal immigrant is expected to obey all of our laws not just those they might agree with. The consequences can and often result in deportation.
I don't claim to know what you believe in. I simply react to your posts. I agree with the last part of your post completely. Like you I don't believe that illegals should benefit from our social programs. The amount spent on illegals would be better spent on our own citizens or better still not spent at all until we dig ourselves out of this hole.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
O'malley has got to go

Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,599 times
Illegals have been pouring into the USA since the 1940s.
Where have you people been? Why the sudden outrage?

Remember how many trips to Mexico Bush took? He was big buddies with the Mexican President from his days as Govenor of Texas and further pushed the maquiliadores program. Do any of you even know what that is?

Why didn't you people throw a fit back then? Why are you suddenly outraged?

DEPORTATIONS HAVE INCREASED DURING THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.
Say it slowly.

Oops. Those darn facts make the Reich Wing out to be liars. Again.

Business owners who HIRE illegals should be put in jail.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post

Remember how many trips to Mexico Bush took? He was big buddies with the Mexican President from his days as Govenor of Texas and further pushed the maquiliadores program. Do any of you even know what that is?

Say it slowly.

It took 20 years for the illegal immigration problem to reach critical mass, that's why. It is no longer tolerable. It wasn't overnight enragement.

Who is "you" people? Sounds like you are an advocate for illegal aliens by seperating yourself from law abiding Americans with that statement.

The administrations for the past twenty years are all guilty. I don't think anyone has said otherwise. "Reich" wing liars? So conservatives are Nazis and liars? FYI, it isn't only Republicans who are fed up with this mess.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:46 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
[quote=blackandproud;16261772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Again, in the State of NJ, non violent illegals ARE being deported at large numbers.

Deportation of illegal immigrants without criminal records more likely in N.J. than nationwide | NJ.com
That article makes me quite mad.

The illegal migrant lobby and their supporters have no shame at all. Come to United States without permission in violation of every one of our laws? Well so what. Drive without a license? Well so what. Buy a house with false documents? Well so what.

The argument made by the lobbyists seems to boil down to one stance: as long as the migrant isn't a rapist, robber or murderer he (and his entire extended family) should be allowed to stay here.

It's insulting nonsense. Americans have the right to determine who comes here and who does not. Every other nation assumes the same right. Illegal migrants are inherently criminals. They should be jailed, fined for the costs of their imprisonment and then swiftly deported.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:07 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
"new Americans" are those migrants that are here LEGALLY and are ELIGIBLE to become citizens...........and will THEN be Americans.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:11 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:

Say it slowly.

SO you really ACTUALLY think that no-one who is against illegal immigration was protesting before this administration?

So where have YOU been hiding for years that you didn't hear/see the outrage after the illegals and their supporters marched in '06?

"Reich wing" ? Take your filthy slander to another forum - those type of comments aren't welcome here.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Say it slowly.

Illegal Immigration Past and Present: The difference between a small wave and a massive tsunami.

Where have YOU been? Our outrage didn’t begin with the election of Obama. Do you think elves shut down the Senate switchboards the last time they attempted to pass CIR? Our outrage is only new to those desperately grasping at straws.

The increase in deportations is simply the prelude to another amnesty. Clearly, there is a glaring contradiction between increasing deportations, while simultaneously advocating a path to citizenship for illegals. It’s tantamount to Obama ordering an increase in marijuana drug busts, while touting its benefits, and proposing laws for legalization. Only the truly naive or dimwitted would fall for such tactics.

You can slooowwwlllly repeat “DEPORTATIONS HAVE INCREASED DURING THE OBAMA ADMINISTION” until the cows come home. However, without first securing our borders, deportations have, and will continue to be, a colossal joke. But, there is certainly nothing funny about criminals being deported only to return to rape and murder. Tell me, how effective are deportations when the deported return the following week, along with thousands of other miscreants?

I am not a Republican. Nor are millions who oppose illegal immigration. Sorry, opposition to lawlessness transcends party lines.

Yes, illegal employers should be punished, along with their illegal employees. Newsflash: Obama is now the POTUS. Therefore, it is HIS responsibility to enforce our laws. Are you suggesting he should emulate other presidents? Remember, Obama promised CHANGE.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
[quote=Eleanora1;16270209]
Quote:

That article makes me quite mad.

The illegal migrant lobby and their supporters have no shame at all. Come to United States without permission in violation of every one of our laws? Well so what. Drive without a license? Well so what. Buy a house with false documents? Well so what.

The argument made by the lobbyists seems to boil down to one stance: as long as the migrant isn't a rapist, robber or murderer he (and his entire extended family) should be allowed to stay here.

It's insulting nonsense. Americans have the right to determine who comes here and who does not. Every other nation assumes the same right. Illegal migrants are inherently criminals. They should be jailed, fined for the costs of their imprisonment and then swiftly deported.

How can illegal immigrants be inherenty anthing, if they are not a homogeneous group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration