Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 07:38 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times

Advertisements

[quote=Domination83;16507276]I never hear politicians on CNN expressing their outrage over employers. You always hear them ranting and raving about the illegals though. Lou Dobbs was the only one I've heard mention employers and he's just a host. But even 90% of his stuff was just bashing illegal immigrants.

Can't help you then. All I know is that when you read their track records on illegal immigration they want e-verify to stop the employers. CNN? Try Fox News. I don't often see Senators or Representatives on those new's programs anyway. Dobbs flip-flopped on his position on illegal immigration. He doesn't even have his own show anymore. Bashing illegal immigrants? Is that what you call it when you call attention to their lawbreaking, stealing jobs and I.D.'s, jumping our borders illegally and stealing tax payer benefits? Should we be speaking highly of them instead and blaming the employers entirely for all of the above?

And when did I put it on us as a whole? I'm anti-illegal. Would be pretty stupid to be insulting myself. But like I said every time I turn on the news, read blogs etc. It's always people crying and complaining about illegal-immigrants. Rarely do I hear a thing about the employers. These people just repeat what their politicians and talk show hosts tell them. Most are in no position to think for themselves. The fact that you keep trying to debate me when I even said in the same post that I'm not talking about people that want to hold everyone involved accountable seems sort of odd......

You're not being honest here. Not only in this forum are we complaining about the employers but every blog or forum I have read they are doing the same. Do you have a crystal ball that tells you that most anti-illegals aren't thinking for themselves and that they are only parroting what politicans and talk show hosts say? That's funny because all the anti-illegals I know state their objections to illegal immigration is based on our laws and the negative effect of illegal immigration that they themselves can feel personally.

I personally think your agenda in here isn't as you are claiming but something entirely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM

320 posts, read 290,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Can't help you then. All I know is that when you read their track records on illegal immigration they want e-verify to stop the employers. CNN? Try Fox News. I don't often see Senators or Representatives on those new's programs anyway. Dobbs flip-flopped on his position on illegal immigration. He doesn't even have his own show anymore. Bashing illegal immigrants? Is that what you call it when you call attention to their lawbreaking, stealing jobs and I.D.'s, jumping our borders illegally and stealing tax payer benefits? Should we be speaking highly of them instead and blaming the employers entirely for all of the above?
Did he? I know he sort of flip-flopped at the beginning. At first he was focusing on employers and how Americans were losing jobs so employers wouldn't have to pay liveable wages etc. And then he just started focusing on the illegal-immigrants. And you already know I can't hate them. If you leave candy out ants will come. (And I'm not calling Latinos ants, just making an analogy. lol)

But how did he flip-flop? I lost track of him after he was fired by CNN. I'll never watch Fox News or MSNBC. It's all pure propaganda garbage.

Quote:
You're not being honest here. Not only in this forum are we complaining about the employers but every blog or forum I have read they are doing the same. Do you have a crystal ball that tells you that most anti-illegals aren't thinking for themselves and that they are only parroting what politicans and talk show hosts say? That's funny because all the anti-illegals I know state their objections to illegal immigration is based on our laws and the negative effect of illegal immigration that they themselves can feel personally.
I can only talk about the blogs and forums I've been to. In my experiences most Americans are close-minded. Either left or right wing. You have a few that are somewhere in the middle (where the truth usually is). What's scaring me is how far the left and right are swaying from the mainstream. That does not bode well for our country at all.

Quote:
I personally think your agenda in here isn't as you are claiming but something entirely different.
Agenda? LOL.

I'm just killing time when I get my work done.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Did he? I know he sort of flip-flopped at the beginning. At first he was focusing on employers and how Americans were losing jobs so employers wouldn't have to pay liveable wages etc. And then he just started focusing on the illegal-immigrants. And you already know I can't hate them. If you leave candy out ants will come. (And I'm not calling Latinos ants, just making an analogy. lol)

But how did he flip-flop? I lost track of him after he was fired by CNN. I'll never watch Fox News or MSNBC. It's all pure propaganda garbage.

I can only talk about the blogs and forums I've been to. In my experiences most Americans are close-minded. Either left or right wing. You have a few that are somewhere in the middle (where the truth usually is). What's scaring me is how far the left and right are swaying from the mainstream. That does not bode well for our country at all.

Agenda? LOL.

I'm just killing time when I get my work done.
After Dobbs left CNN (we never found out if it was voluntarily or involuntarily) he flip floppped on amnesty. On his show he was anti-amnesty after he left he became pro-amnesty all of a sudden. Maybe it had something to do with that stray bullet that hit his house prior to that. Hmm.

By the way, ants don't have a conscience. They don't anything about stealing or breaking any laws. Humans do and that is the difference.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 834 times
THE ONLY PERSON WORTH LISTENING TO ON THIS PROGRAM WAS THE BORDED PATROL GUY FOR 30 YEARS!! So funny, everybody else has NOTHING to offer this robbery of the U.S. Some of my closest friends are mexicans, yes mexicans, they are just as sick and tired of this rape as we are! The media is the only voice of the pro immigaration crap! Why didn't they shackle that cocky criminal flaunting his illegal status!? They made it seem like courage and bravery for that d bag to have snuck in to the U.S and steal money from us for education and food stamps..pathetic and sickening.
---FACT-----My highschool, the one I graduated from, has so many mexicans that can't speak english and have around a 6th grade education that all the honor student classes were canceled alltogether due to increase in E.S.L classes taking over(English as a second language)--FACT----

We were all laughing at these idiots speaking out on the microphone during this debate, wow! This was the most disgusting display of illegal thieves arguing for U.S benefits that most of us don't even get! I am poor, I work 60 hours a week, I am happy, I pay lots and lots of taxes that do not benefit me personally, I have NEVER been given a handout like all the pathetic thieves whining about wanting more free money and more free food..and more free education..and more money for each of their 6 kids..absolutelt disgusting and offensive--REAL AMERICANS STAND UP----WOW

Last edited by Yac; 11-19-2010 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: 2 posts ina row merged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration