Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times

Advertisements

But, I thought they were all living in the shadows.

Quote:
SEATTLE -- When Maria Gianni is knocking on voters' doors, she's not bashful about telling people she is in the country illegally. She knows it's a risk to advertise to strangers that she's here illegally -- but one worth taking in what she sees as a crucial election.
Illegal Aliens Canvass for Votes in Wash. State - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
It's also against the law as I understand it for ANY foreign national to "seek to affect any election" in this country. Canvassing voters to "please vote for the candidate that will help me become legal" falls into that category I'd say.

She claims "our immigration system is broken and she is glad to fight to fix it" - excuse me while I get my barf bag.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It's also against the law as I understand it for ANY foreign national to "seek to affect any election" in this country. Canvassing voters to "please vote for the candidate that will help me become legal" falls into that category I'd say.

She claims "our immigration system is broken and she is glad to fight to fix it" - excuse me while I get my barf bag.
Remember, illegals aren’t expected to comply with our laws. They’re special.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:36 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

from the Federal Election Commission Volunteer Activity Generally, an individual may volunteer personal services to a federal candidate or federal political committee without making a contribution. The Act provides this volunteer "exemption" as long as the individual performing the service is not compensated by anyone. 11 CFR 100.74. The Commission has addressed applicability of this exemption to volunteer activity by a foreign national, as explained below.In AO 1987-25, the Commission allowed a foreign national student to provide uncompensated volunteer services to a Presidential campaign. By contrast, the decision in AO 1981-51 prohibited a foreign national artist from donating his services in connection with fundraising for a Senate campaign.[2] Foreign Nationals Brochure

Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,331,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
from the Federal Election Commission Volunteer Activity Generally, an individual may volunteer personal services to a federal candidate or federal political committee without making a contribution. The Act provides this volunteer "exemption" as long as the individual performing the service is not compensated by anyone. 11 CFR 100.74. The Commission has addressed applicability of this exemption to volunteer activity by a foreign national, as explained below.In AO 1987-25, the Commission allowed a foreign national student to provide uncompensated volunteer services to a Presidential campaign. By contrast, the decision in AO 1981-51 prohibited a foreign national artist from donating his services in connection with fundraising for a Senate campaign.[2] Foreign Nationals Brochure
Does that include foreign nationals illegally here in our country?

Old 10-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Does that include foreign nationals illegally here in our country?
I gave a link

Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,182 times
If I became a citizen legally, and she came to my door, I would slam it in her face.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
If I became a citizen legally, and she came to my door, I would slam it in her face.
even if you were yet to get your citizenship, didnt have citizenship or were a citizen...you have the right to close/slam your door to her. I dont think anyone has a right to slam a door "in her face".

Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,873 times
Quote:
even if you were yet to get your citizenship, didnt have citizenship or were a citizen...you have the right to close/slam your door to her. I dont think anyone has a right to slam a door "in her face".
I don't think anyone has the right to arbitrarily over rule our immigration laws. I don't think anyone has the right to show up here without permission and continue to live here in violation of our laws. I don't think she has the right to be in anyone's face with her obvious lack of respect for American laws. She's a horrible, horrible, horrible person with a ludicrous sense of idiotic entitlement. I'd love to see her talk to my next door neighbor. She's a legal immigrant. She hates illegal migrants for their belief that they are exempt from all the fees she had to pay and all the laws she had to follow.

I would learn as much information as I could about her and then I would report her arrogant backside to the appropriate authorities. She should be deported. I can't imagine a similar circumstance where most people would voluntarily cop to breaking the law to complete strangers. It just continues to show just how arrogant the illegal migration movement remains. They reserve the right to obey only the laws that personally benefit them.

Shame on the Dems.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:21 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
Quote:

Apparently you didn't understand my post (yet again)...........these illegals are TARGETTING Hispanic American voters with the goal of "influencing their vote" , that IS illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration