Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
It won't change facts. It will, however, reveal allegations of facts to be false in some instances, such as suggestions that "millions of murderers who are in this country illegally and are wreaking havoc" could exist.

It should please you, then, that their status-unrelated crime rates are so low compared to the "homegrown" population.

What are "credible stats"? Those that reflect your personal opinion?
It is impossible to have “credible” stats without “credible” sources. Until recently, law enforcement was prohibited from inquiring about the immigration status of criminals. Therefore, we have no idea the true magnitude of illegal alien criminality. Furthermore, due to our proximity to Mexico, murderers and rapists easily evade apprehension by fleeing across the border. Fortunately, this cold-blooded murderer was unable to escape.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:23 PM

532 posts, read 1,055,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Here is an interesting article concerning the subject of illegals and the crimes they commit:

Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D. - Criminal Profiler : Crime & Terrorism investigation resources

There are other documents on the site that are worth reading also. I would encourage everyone to read about the price America is paying to allow Illegal Aliens into our homeland. What ever benefits we're told they bring will never pay for the crime and destruction it brings with it.
An article, yes. A short piece, and the analysis behind it apparently lacked sufficient scholarly rigor to muster publication in a peer-reviewed academic journal? I would think so, considering the lack of scholarly sources in the bibliography. There is also no comparison of sex crime rates between the native-born and immigrant populations contained therein, which means that there is no necessary contradiction, nor would there be even if immigrants' sex crime rates were higher, since I posted data on overall crime and homicide rates. And where is the refutation of what I posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is impossible to have “credible” stats without “credible” sources. Until recently, law enforcement was prohibited from inquiring about the immigration status of criminals. Therefore, we have no idea the true magnitude of illegal alien criminality. Furthermore, due to our proximity to Mexico, murderers and rapists easily evade apprehension by fleeing across the border. Fortunately, this cold-blooded murderer was unable to escape.
There was a recent change in federal law enforcement policy that provided for such inquiries, while they had been strictly prohibited before? Please, elaborate. Also, where is the statistical estimate of criminal flight and the significance of it on this data?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:34 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times
Quote:
An article, yes. A short piece, and the analysis behind it apparently lacked sufficient scholarly rigor to muster publication in a peer-reviewed academic journal? I would think so, considering the lack of scholarly sources in the bibliography. There is also no comparison of sex crime rates between the native-born and immigrant populations contained therein, which means that there is no necessary contradiction, nor would there be even if immigrants' sex crime rates were higher, since I posted data on overall crime and homicide rates. And where is the refutation of what I posted?
I think the article, as well as many others on the site, refute everything you've told us.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
There was a recent change in federal law enforcement policy that provided for such inquiries, while they had been strictly prohibited before? Please, elaborate. Also, where is the statistical estimate of criminal flight and the significance of it on this data?
You can Google to learn about the recent changes in our laws, and any info that may be available regarding the incidence of illegal alien absconders. However, will that change the facts of this crime? I think not.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 PM

532 posts, read 1,055,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I think the article, as well as many others on the site, refute everything you've told us.
Then post specific counter-arguments and superior interpretations of empirical data.

Quote:
You can Google to learn about the recent changes in our laws, and any info that may be available regarding the incidence of illegal alien absconders.
So you don't have that information, in other words.

Quote:
However, will that change the facts of this crime? I think not.
The specific crime should have no bearing on immigration policy since it is a single incident. Sound analysis requires large data sets.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Then post specific counter-arguments and superior interpretations of empirical data.

So you don't have that information, in other words.

The specific crime should have no bearing on immigration policy since it is a single incident. Sound analysis requires large data sets.

No, I do my own research. If you are truly interested, you will do yours. Or, you can peruse the threads on this forum.

In other words, until the authorities have documented millions of murders perpetrated by illegal aliens, it isn’t a problem? These murders are inconsequential? Wow. You must definitely have a vested interest in illegal immigration to have such a callous attitude.

Here’s a start. . .

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ve-thread.html

Crime victims of illegal aliens

Old 11-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? When you and your family fall prey to illegal immigrant crimes (and not just once or twice), come back and let me know.

Further, why should anyone need to prove anything to you? There are laws in place to protect American citizens from illegal alien criminals. But those laws are not being enforced, for whatever reasons the Government chooses not to. I do believe the article is factual though, and I believe you're wrong to make light of it.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Agnapostate - Are you by chance a reincarnation of "Cali" the "freeman"...LOL You're style reminds me of that poster.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 PM

245 posts, read 545,326 times
I do see the points you are making and it is true that if they would not have been here none of this nonsense would have happened. I just dont like when they make it seem that illegals are responsible for 90% of the crime in the US when we all know that is not true.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce81 View Post
I do see the points you are making and it is true that if they would not have been here none of this nonsense would have happened. I just dont like when they make it seem that illegals are responsible for 90% of the crime in the US when we all know that is not true.
I have not seen anyone even remotely imply that 90% of crimes are committed by illegal aliens. However, every crime committed by an illegal is preventable. We can no longer ignore the carnage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration