Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,308 times

Advertisements

This really chaps my hide... sorry if it's already been posted.

YouTube - Obama's DOL Secretary Hilda L. Solis: You Have the Right to Be Paid Fairly Whether Documented or Not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
She needs to GO!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
She needs to GO!
why does she have to go, do you think she wrote this provision?...Congress did. If your are going to place blame...at least get the right group.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
why does she have to go, do you think she wrote this provision?...Congress did. If your are going to place blame...at least get the right group.

Ok you got me there. ALL DEMOCRATS NEED TO GO!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:14 PM

210 posts, read 173,059 times
these sorry excuses for politicians should be charged for treason, they're aiding and abetting an invasion of america.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
you have no idea who wrote that commentary? It isn't a law as far as I know. And if it is I think your precious party is in BIG trouble. Unless you want to see a blood bath in Nov you better home Congree isn't responsible for this.

Nita

Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you have no idea who wrote that commentary? It isn't a law as far as I know. And if it is I think your precious party is in BIG trouble. Unless you want to see a blood bath in Nov you better home Congree isn't responsible for this.

Nita
lets check facts...I wasnt commenting on who wrote commentary, thats useless.

2, I never said law, I said provision.

3, Im not a democrat.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Nita

Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Many employers have interpreted Hoffman to mean that undocumented workers are not entitled to back pay at all. Such is not the case. Hoffman, as well as a line of federal courts interpreting it holds that employees are entitled to back pay under the wage and hour laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, regardless of their immigration status for hours actually worked. Courts have reasoned that holding employers liable for failing to pay undocumented workers is even consistent with immigration policy. As one court put it: “If employers know they have to pay illegal aliens the same wages as legal workers, they are far less likely to hire an illegal worker and run the risk of subjecting themselves to sanctions” under federal immigration laws.

Liability in More Ways Than One: Employing Undocumented Workers

from...Hoffman Plastic Compounds v. NLRB on Immigrant Workers
and Recent Developments
[LEFT]
Quote:

On March 27, 2002, the U.S. Supreme Court decided a case called Hoffman Plastic Compounds v. NLRB1
that has generated concern among immigrant workers, communities, and immigrant rights and labor
advocates. In Hoffman, the Supreme Court held that a worker who is undocumented could not recover the[/LEFT]
remedy of back pay under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
[LEFT]
http://www.nilc.org/immsemplymnt/Hoffman_NLRB/Hoffman_NELP_NILC_FINAL.PDF (broken link)[/LEFT]

Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
lets check facts...I wasnt commenting on who wrote commentary, thats useless.

2, I never said law, I said provision.

3, Im not a democrat.
no but you did say not to get upset with her, it was congress' doing. So what were you saying? I don't believe I said it was law or you said it was, my comments were related to your saying it was Congress. You have no idea anymore than I have an idea. Regardless, the public service announcement, if you want to call it that, sucks!!!

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration