Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:37 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,822,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Whether or not "we've got room" isn't the issue. We are a country of laws. It's one of the basic characteristics that makes The USA a great country.

Thousands of immigrants every year follow the legal process and apply for entry into the US and/or for citizenship. Some are chosen, some are not, but they all follow the law.

Those, like you, who would ignore the law reward the law breakers and discourage even law abiding immigrants from honoring our laws.
I truly agree with everything you've said, and have even said so myself in numerous posts. But the sad fact remains that the canyon was deliberately left wide open and encouraged even after 911 when terrorists could sashay on across the border from a beaten trail and republicans did not one damned thing about it. Even with a blank check to fight terrorism. Why? Because depreciating the value of American labor & providing slave labor for nouveau riche fit right in with their plans far too long.

Now you're done with immigrants because you've done all the possible damage you can do, we're supposed to evict them?

Continue to obsess that amnesty was declared (the exact same way it was under reagan) but repeat the very same mistake after the last amnesty was declared by doing nothing about the wide open canyon is a crock and a half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,258,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
And they don't even have to get a degree....all they have to do is 2 years! Who are the morons who came up with this piece of legislation.
An associates degree is completed in two years. They have a choice of college or military.

I wouldn't get my Victoria's Secrets in too big of a wad. Memphis' earlier post is spot on. I too believe this is grandstanding. It still has to get through the Senate.

But................this is Christmas and CHIRSTmas is known for miracles. I'll be praying for these young people to be able to start the path of legal citizenship to the only country that has been home.

If this passes, it will indeed be a CHRISTmas miracle.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,905,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and if this Act becomes law watch the "guesstimated" 2.1 million eligible swell suddenly to 4-5 million overnight.
No, that would be 40-50 million, maybe even 400-500 million new subhumans eligible! Who knows how many are hiding behind those trees? Why not make ridiculous assertions, more ridiculous?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,209,717 times
I support this bill. Why should all of these people (educated in the USA) go back to countries that they never really lived in? Many of them came here before they turned 10. They speak ENGLISH!! Many are getting advanced degrees. To send them back to another country means we lose the investment we made in their education. And that doesn't make sense.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 AM

30,268 posts, read 18,825,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
OMG...What are they thinking!!!

I guess they just think additional votes for thr Dem....not about the safety of this country.

I guess this is why the House, as of January, will no longer be the current House.

These people do not, and have not, represented the will of the people. Anything they pass will not get through the senate. If it does, it will be repealed in a few months. It is a political stunt, much like the tax increase fiasco.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,462,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess this is why the House, as of January, will no longer be the current House.

These people do not, and have not, represented the will of the people. Anything they pass will not get through the senate. If it does, it will be repealed in a few months. It is a political stunt, much like the tax increase fiasco.
It was a midterm.

This will pay them dividends in 2012 with the Hispanic vote. The only people that this has angered are the people who weren't going to vote for President Obama anyway.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:31 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,952,660 times
The illegals have to be nationalized to keep the pool of cheap and exploitable labor available.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:07 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,692,459 times
Great
Make America more third world.

whoever voted on this will not get my vote next time around.

Heck why have a border or a government if they are just going to legalize everyone that comes here illegally?????______________________

Why have an immigration system????___________________

Why have a nationality?____________________

Old 12-09-2010, 07:21 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,692,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I support this bill. Why should all of these people (educated in the USA) go back to countries that they never really lived in? Many of them came here before they turned 10. They speak ENGLISH!! Many are getting advanced degrees. To send them back to another country means we lose the investment we made in their education. And that doesn't make sense.
They should not be made automatic citizens. They should be made to reapply for citizenship when they turn 18. Like every other foreigner.

The children should not be rewarded or the parents for breaking our laws.

If that is the case why have an immigration system?
Why have a border?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,879,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Cite?

The majority of the people in question are barely graduating from high school. They're not getting advanced degrees. Many are high school drop outs with multiple children at a young age. Why should they get to jump the line because their parents broke the law?

Their parents would also be eligible for nearly instanteous citizenship. Their parents are largely ill educated law breakers who often do not speak English and earn very little. Why should the parents be rewarded because they dragged their children here and broke our laws?

Basically this bill tells people that if they wait around long enough we'll let them stay. We'll not only let them stay we'll let them invite their entire families here. We'll do so even if it is detrimental to our own fiscal and cultural interests. We'll do so even in the middle of the worst economy in decades.

That's the worst message we could possibly send.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration