U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:57 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,002,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Well the bad news is we are well on our way to getting the worst outcome.

We cannot contain the problem at this level and so it will continue. When the economy turns up it will again grow.

The only good news is that it won't get a whole lot worse. A combination of the Mexican birth rate and emigration to the US means there are only five or six million more Mexicans in the demographic class that will come across.

So it will only get a little worse...than moderate...we can declare victory....we ate them all...
Yep @ the bolded. I'm sure other people noticed that illegal immigration, if it reduced, was because of the economic environment here. Also, people became more aware of illegal immigration as they realized that many LEGAL Americans and residents were out of work while illegal immigrants were still trekking it through the deserts into the U.S. or were working in the U.S. Once things are stable, illegal immigration MAY fly under the radar again and that is when illegal immigrants are most happy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I love the fact that they so openly discuss these things. Pretty soon, they won't. I also love how all of these passionate non-illegal immigrant Dream supporters are so in love with supporting this bill. I wonder what they feel like when they read all of those threads over there showing all of those people's manipulative ways and just the outright cheating of the system. Also, I wonder how many times law enforcement has ignored the emails or calls of people who have given them the heads-up of all of those discussions of crime on that page. If anyone wanted to, they could request the location of those members and investigate them, but we know that won't happen.

If non-illegal immigrants in a message board came up with schemes to break the law and discussed them on the message board, you know the message board would be shut down and they would be investigated.

The messed up thing is that an actual U.S. bill is being presented in Congress and the headquarters/official information center of that bill is a cesspool of illegal activity discussion and a virtual spit in the face of the very people that Dreamies are asking the help of and depend on for their "victory."

Why is that site not shut down by the government? Or is it even being investigated? It's basically a virtual U.S. document counterfeit ring and operation and that makes me think of how I always said that illegal immigrants often work just like an organized crime ring.

Where's the FBI?

Last edited by SoEdible; 12-26-2010 at 02:14 PM..

Old 12-26-2010, 02:09 PM

A question I have is this: I'm reading that thread in which the "Dreamies" are describing ways to work illegally and they are complaining about how they hate their jobs, etc. I just thought, "So, just how does you becoming legal give you any certainty that you are somehow going to magically start being able to work better jobs?"

One guy listed fifty million things that he has done and after every job he says, "I hated it," and comes up with some excuse as to why he hated it. All of these jobs were jobs that people who aren't illegal immigrants have to do. So, I wondered, what is this guy fighting for with this Dream Act? Do these guys think that being legal suddenly means you won't have to work crappy jobs any more? I hope not because they are going to get a reality check.

So, to me, seeing this guy talk about his jobs that he has had illegally makes me realize how ungrateful some of them already are.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:16 PM

47,528 posts, read 65,149,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I just MIGHT have some sympathy for them if their stated goal was to get an education and then go back to Mexico and make it better.... but since all they want to do is mooch off society here and wave the Mexican flag screw them.......
The whole goal is to get them quick citizenship so they can start sponsoring their illegal parents and bring in whatever is left to bring in of their extended famillies AND to get them the financial aid and scholarship money.

They would have all the advantages over American students of all backgrounds. Their illegal parents don't have honest income to report which qualifies them to all the financial aid money. Americans are to be shut out of college so that illegals can take it all.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM

47,528 posts, read 65,149,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
A question I have is this: I'm reading that thread in which the "Dreamies" are describing ways to work illegally and they are complaining about how they hate their jobs, etc. I just thought, "So, just how does you becoming legal give you any certainty that you are somehow going to magically start being able to work better jobs?"

One guy listed fifty million things that he has done and after every job he says, "I hated it," and comes up with some excuse as to why he hated it. All of these jobs were jobs that people who aren't illegal immigrants have to do. So, I wondered, what is this guy fighting for with this Dream Act? Do these guys think that being legal suddenly means you won't have to work crappy jobs any more? I hope not because they are going to get a reality check.

So, to me, seeing this guy talk about his jobs that he has had illegally makes me realize how ungrateful some of them already are.
You begin to get the impression that they're only coming here to do the hard work low paid unskilled jobs that Americans don't want to do was only a big lie. A very big lie. The illegals think they're too good to pick lettuce and clean toilets - but that was the whole original excuse for why we needed them.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 18,017,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I love the fact that they so openly discuss these things. Pretty soon, they won't. I also love how all of these passionate non-illegal immigrant Dream supporters are so in love with supporting this bill. I wonder what they feel like when they read all of those threads over there showing all of those people's manipulative ways and just the outright cheating of the system. Also, I wonder how many times law enforcement has ignored the emails or calls of people who have given them the heads-up of all of those discussions of crime on that page. If anyone wanted to, they could request the location of those members and investigate them, but we know that won't happen.

If non-illegal immigrants in a message board came up with schemes to break the law and discussed them on the message board, you know the message board would be shut down and they would be investigated.

The messed up thing is that an actual U.S. bill is being presented in Congress and the headquarters/official information center of that bill is a cesspool of illegal activity discussion and a virtual spit in the face of the very people that Dreamies are asking the help of and depend on for their "victory."

Why is that site not shut down by the government? Or is it even being investigated? It's basically a virtual U.S. document counterfeit ring and operation and that makes me think of how I always said that illegal immigrants often work just like an organized crime ring.

Where's the FBI?
I'm registered to that forum as I.C.E.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:53 PM

15,170 posts, read 17,219,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'm registered to that forum as I.C.E.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration