U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 PM
 
Location: NYC but Georgia on my mind...
134 posts, read 113,486 times
Reputation: 85

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Who has Arizona hunted down? I'm guessing you are insinuating that Arizona has hunted down Mexicans or "brown folks?" People care about those that are making issues for them in the largest way. People care about what they see the most and observe as a large problem.
True, and that is why if the Illegals were white no one would care. Whites are the majority in this country and if Arizona passed a law to hunt down white illegals it probably would not even be enforced. No one cares about a whole group of people who aren't white, getting hunted down like criminals in their own home and country. This has been proven throughout United States history.

Quote:
The Mexican and illegal immigrant population grossly outnumbers the Irish, Canadian, Russian, Haitian or Cuban illegal immigrant population. It is natural to talk about WHAT YOU SEE. What is the majority is not the White-Canadian illegal immigrant, but it is the Mexican illegal immigrant or the Guatemalan illegal immigrant.
What is the difference other than skin color and racial background? All illegals are criminals. We all know it is safer and probably more acceptable to be a white illegal than a mexican illegal out of racist reasons. In fact any illegal who isn't mexican can probably get away undetected unlike the our Mexican citizens who constantly face racism due to the stereotype that all Mexican people living in the USA are illegal.

Quote:
You can't look for answers for this. To me, it is human reaction to have a problem with nuisances and where I am from, our illegal immigration population just so happens to be causing headaches and they are Mexicans, Guatemalans, etc. and that is the same for many communities across the country. If they were any other "race" the reaction would be the same. People have problems with people all the time because they consider them to be causing problems and issues, it is not always about race. There are hoods right now in which some residents are upset with drug dealing, are the people who fight to get rid of those drug dealers of the same race, racist?
In this case the issue is about race since most illegals are Mexican.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 12-26-2010, 08:31 PM
 
3,948 posts, read 4,012,557 times
Reputation: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
True, and that is why if the Illegals were white no one would care. Whites are the majority in this country and if Arizona passed a law to hunt down white illegals it probably would not even be enforced. No one cares about a whole group of people who aren't white, getting hunted down like criminals in their own home and country. This has been proven throughout United States history.



What is the difference other than skin color and racial background? All illegals are criminals. We all know it is safer and probably more acceptable to be a white illegal than a mexican illegal out of racist reasons. In fact any illegal who isn't mexican can probably get away undetected unlike the our Mexican citizens who constantly face racism due to the stereotype that all Mexican people living in the USA are illegal.



In this case the issue is about race since most illegals are Mexican.
What about the people that aren't White? Maybe if they would care. Based on the logic you are presenting: Yes, someone would care because according to you, this illegal immigration topic is so racially-motivated that it is black vs white, white vs brown, yellow vs white, brown vs black. That's how it would work, right? Which ever groups is the majority of the illegal immigrants, the opposite groups would have a problem with them.

You're giving "white people" too much power in this. We ALL have a problem with illegal immigration, we are Americans. I am black, not white and when I find out an illegal immigrant is getting a job while a legal resident is unemployed, I'm feeling that the government is failing us regardless of the illegal immigrant's race.

You're DUMBING yourself down with this. You're taking away of the voices of people who are NOT white by acting like this desire to see illegal immigration reduced is not shared by people who are not white. So, I can't be opposed to illegal immigration because I'm not white? Will my opinion on illegal immigration not be heard because I am not white or because I am a "minority?"

Let's flip the script too and use your logic: what if Mexicans and non-Black Hispanics were the majority in this country for about 200 hundred years and all of a sudden a bunch of White or Black illegal immigrants came in decade after decade and didn't speak Spanish. How would the Mexicans and non-Black Hispanics react to those illegal immigrants setting up shop here, not speaking their language and getting government assistance? Can you honestly say that those Mexicans and others wouldn't be reacting the same as what you say "White people" are doing?

Oh, and Enigma, you are MAKING it about race. You are assuming. You have no right to do that. You, the journalists, the AZTLAN people, La Raza, whomever, have no right to try to tag people as racists. That is basically trying to drown out the legal voices of U.S. Citizens as they try to demand the government to do its job. It is so easy for you all to try to mute people's voices by throwing out the racism card.

What are people going to say when Black Americans, Asian Americans start being more vocal against illegal immigration? Are you all still gonna call racism there? How will you present that? Are you going to divert from the tactic of saying that all of us minorities are together in the topic of illegal immigration and turn to calling us racists as well? I ask this because you should know that white people aren't the only ones who have a problem with illegal immigration.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
 
Location: NYC but Georgia on my mind...
134 posts, read 113,486 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What about the people that aren't White? Maybe if they would care. Based on the logic you are presenting: Yes, someone would care because according to you, this illegal immigration topic is so racially-motivated that it is black vs white, white vs brown, yellow vs white, brown vs black. That's how it would work, right? Which ever groups is the majority of the illegal immigrants, the opposite groups would have a problem with them.
I would say it is Xenophobic Americans vs the Latino people

Quote:
You're giving "white people" too much power in this. We ALL have a problem with illegal immigration, we are Americans. I am black, not white and when I find out an illegal immigrant is getting a job while a legal resident is unemployed, I'm feeling that the government is failing us regardless of the illegal immigrant's race.
There could be other reasons the legal citizen did not get the job. Let's leave the dirty work for the dirty illegal Mexican immigrants

I hire real estate agents and I do not hire anyone who is not a legal citizen of the United States. I do not think that makes me racist, but it is a requirement for our company.

Quote:
You're DUMBING yourself down with this. You're taking away of the voices of people who are NOT white by acting like this desire to see illegal immigration reduced is not shared by people who are not white. So, I can't be opposed to illegal immigration because I'm not white? Will my opinion on illegal immigration not be heard because I am not white or because I am a "minority?"
Where did you get this from? Where did I say that the minorities of this country can't be opposed to illegal immigration because they are minorities? That's not fair to say, along with "All Hispanics are pro-illegal". Again the statement is just not fair.

I've seen and know plenty of minorities who oppose illegal immigration.

Quote:
Let's flip the script too and use your logic: what if Mexicans and non-Black Hispanics were the majority in this country for about 200 hundred years and all of a sudden a bunch of White or Black illegal immigrants came in decade after decade and didn't speak Spanish. How would the Mexicans and non-Black Hispanics react to those illegal immigrants setting up shop here, not speaking their language and getting government assistance? Can you honestly say that those Mexicans and others wouldn't be reacting the same as what you say "White people" are doing?

Oh, and Enigma, you are MAKING it about race. You are assuming. You have no right to do that. You, the journalists, the AZTLAN people, La Raza, whomever, have no right to try to tag people as racists. That is basically trying to drown out the legal voices of U.S. Citizens as they try to demand the government to do its job. It is so easy for you all to try to mute people's voices by throwing out the racism card.
Yes I think they would be reacting the same way as "white people" and American citizens have done. But in all honesty, I think it would just be best if the DREAM ACT had been passed. There are restrictions to it and not every illegal will qualify, so what is the problem? It is a chance for those who were BORN and RAISED in this country like you and me, to give back to the country that has provided them with so much. You cannot help were you were born or where your parents are from, and the children of these illegals will most likely be more americanized then their parents. They might as well become citizens, I think that is only fair.

This whole thread is about race. If the illegals were white and spoke English no would bat an eye. Sorry but it is the truth. Would you say we are having an invasion of latino people? I think some of this nonsense stems from xenophobia. This would not be the same if the illegals were white since this country is in fact majority white and the white illegals can blend into society easier than a brown person. No one alerts the public of a growing white population only if there is a growth of Hispanic population then they want to vent and their true colors begin to show, why do you think that is?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,848,768 times
Reputation: 7666
Geez, I don't know of any Norwegian illegal aliens......

If there is a racist card being played it's the illegal Mexican's flying the Mexican flag in the country they now squat in......

To say some of the comments in this thread are racist is an understatement..

Quote:
You don't see Arizona hunting down white folks now do you?
Quote:
if the Illegals were white no one would care
Quote:
We all know it is safer and probably more acceptable to be a white illegal than a mexican illegal out of racist reasons.
Quote:
In fact any illegal who isn't mexican can probably get away undetected unlike the our Mexican citizen
Quote:
the issue is about race since most illegals are Mexican.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:31 PM
 
14,306 posts, read 12,367,821 times
Reputation: 2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
I would say it is Xenophobic Americans vs the Latino people

There could be other reasons the legal citizen did not get the job. Let's leave the dirty work for the dirty illegal Mexican immigrants

I hire real estate agents and I do not hire anyone who is not a legal citizen of the United States. I do not think that makes me racist, but it is a requirement for our company.

Where did you get this from? Where did I say that the minorities of this country can't be opposed to illegal immigration because they are minorities? That's not fair to say, along with "All Hispanics are pro-illegal". Again the statement is just not fair.

I've seen and know plenty of minorities who oppose illegal immigration.

Yes I think they would be reacting the same way as "white people" and American citizens have done. But in all honesty, I think it would just be best if the DREAM ACT had been passed. There are restrictions to it and not every illegal will qualify, so what is the problem? It is a chance for those who were BORN and RAISED in this country like you and me, to give back to the country that has provided them with so much. You cannot help were you were born or where your parents are from, and the children of these illegals will most likely be more americanized then their parents. They might as well become citizens, I think that is only fair.

This whole thread is about race. If the illegals were white and spoke English no would bat an eye. Sorry but it is the truth. Would you say we are having an invasion of latino people? I think some of this nonsense stems from xenophobia. This would not be the same if the illegals were white since this country is in fact majority white and the white illegals can blend into society easier than a brown person. No one alerts the public of a growing white population only if there is a growth of Hispanic population then they want to vent and their true colors begin to show, why do you think that is?
You would be dead wrong but do continue to pull the race card. It is all you illegal alien sympathizers have. I don't care what race or ethnicity an illegal is they need to get out of this country. Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger in this country since we already have every race/ethnic group living here legally? Yet you advocates keep tossing that word around and labeling law abiding Americans with it. Objecting to illegal immigration isn't about fearing strangers (whoever they would be?) it is about objecting to anyone coming here illegally. I am so sick of the word xenophobia being used in this issue. I wish they would buy a damned dictionary and STHU!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:33 PM
 
Location: NYC but Georgia on my mind...
134 posts, read 113,486 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Geez, I don't know of any Norwegian illegal aliens......

If there is a racist card being played it's the illegal Mexican's flying the Mexican flag in the country they now squat in......
Then I guess you have no problem with these flags proudly on display?



http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxQvgWyBwxaoK0KZRWn3N0ur7IMyiaw tChJNdKkYoLkeXArg3CD6aY6XVa (broken link)

Last time I checked those aren't American flags. But wait I guess it's okay because these people are white.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,848,768 times
Reputation: 7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You would be dead wrong but do continue to pull the race card. It is all you illegal alien sympathizers have. I don't care what race or ethnicity an illegal is they need to get out of this country. Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger in this country since we already have every race/ethnic group living here legally? Yet you advocates keep tossing that word around and labeling law abiding Americans with it. Objecting to illegal immigration isn't about fearing strangers (whoever they would be?) it is about objecting to anyone coming here illegally. I am so sick of the word xenophobia being used in this issue. I wish they would buy a damned dictionary and STHU!

Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:45 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,848,768 times
Reputation: 7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
Then I guess you have no problem with these flags proudly on display?
Last time I checked those aren't American flags. But wait I guess it's okay because these people are white.
This IS a problem in America:





Go back to you motherland and demand the rights you have here illegally back there legally.....
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,170 posts, read 17,259,259 times
Reputation: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
I would say it is Xenophobic Americans vs the Latino people

There could be other reasons the legal citizen did not get the job. Let's leave the dirty work for the dirty illegal Mexican immigrants

I hire real estate agents and I do not hire anyone who is not a legal citizen of the United States. I do not think that makes me racist, but it is a requirement for our company.

Where did you get this from? Where did I say that the minorities of this country can't be opposed to illegal immigration because they are minorities? That's not fair to say, along with "All Hispanics are pro-illegal". Again the statement is just not fair.

I've seen and know plenty of minorities who oppose illegal immigration.

Yes I think they would be reacting the same way as "white people" and American citizens have done. But in all honesty, I think it would just be best if the DREAM ACT had been passed. There are restrictions to it and not every illegal will qualify, so what is the problem? It is a chance for those who were BORN and RAISED in this country like you and me, to give back to the country that has provided them with so much. You cannot help were you were born or where your parents are from, and the children of these illegals will most likely be more americanized then their parents. They might as well become citizens, I think that is only fair.

This whole thread is about race. If the illegals were white and spoke English no would bat an eye. Sorry but it is the truth. Would you say we are having an invasion of latino people? I think some of this nonsense stems from xenophobia. This would not be the same if the illegals were white since this country is in fact majority white and the white illegals can blend into society easier than a brown person. No one alerts the public of a growing white population only if there is a growth of Hispanic population then they want to vent and their true colors begin to show, why do you think that is?
I have a cousin who was friends with a white illegal alien from Canada. She was recently arrested and deported. Was she a token white deportee? Please discard your race card, because this is an issue of illegality, not race.

As for the DREAM Act, the same fraud illegals currently use to circumvent our laws would also be employed to circumvent the DA. After all, the DA does not include enforcement measures. We have untold millions of illegal aliens currently residing in our country who daily rely on fraud and deception to get what they want. Do you actually believe the DREAM Act would be different? Visit the DREAM Act Portal Forum, and then get back with us.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,613 posts, read 12,161,819 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
Because it is true. You don't see Arizona hunting down white folks now do you?

You don't see people caring about the white illegals in this country. You don't see people complain about French or Italian translations on products, it is only when things are written in Spanish people then love to vent.
Then La Raza and Mecha et al need to ****.........
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top