Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 AM

50,610 posts, read 47,452,196 times

Advertisements

Kentucky lawmakers diverge on illegal immigration - Bloomberg

I think they should merge their ideas, fine the Companies while still deporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,912 times
Nebraska is proposing new legislation as well.

I love the comment that 30,000 just isn't a real problem. But then if it were 60,000 I wonder if it would be considered too big to control. Some people just make no sense. And IMO when people affiliated with churches get involved in politics they should no longer be tax exempt.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,495,134 times
Quote:
"It's not needed at all," Delahanty said. "There's no pressing problem here."
Sanction your church and allow every Illegal in KY, to reside there, and at the Churches expense.
Then say "there's no pressing problem".

Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,495,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Nebraska is proposing new legislation as well.

I love the comment that 30,000 just isn't a real problem. But then if it were 60,000 I wonder if it would be considered too big to control. Some people just make no sense. And IMO
Quote:
when people affiliated with churches get involved in politics they should no longer be tax exempt
Agreed.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,521,054 times
Good for Kentucky trying to eradicate the problem before illegals become embedded in that state.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM

105 posts, read 299,092 times
Kentucky is definately saveable. There's a few areas such as Mayfield and Owensboro that they're infesting but the rest ain't nothing compared to the west. Hopefully they will actually start to fine the employers and deport in mass. I suppose the same could be said for most of middle and northern America.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:11 AM

14 posts, read 15,688 times
Besides the obvious (service industry, construction, agriculture), magnets for illegals in Kentucky are the horse farms, mostly in the Bluegrass area. I live there and the 30,000 figure is a drop in the bucket. It is probably double or triple that. Most law enforcement don't want to deal with I.D. documents they've never seen before (if they're legit. that is) and the language barrier so often when a minor crime is committed, the offender walks. Maryeymaple is right, I think KY is saveable, but not unless more citizens and legal residents become educated to the problem, and VOCAL in Frankfort.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 AM

105 posts, read 299,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnot View Post
Besides the obvious (service industry, construction, agriculture), magnets for illegals in Kentucky are the horse farms, mostly in the Bluegrass area. I live there and the 30,000 figure is a drop in the bucket. It is probably double or triple that. Most law enforcement don't want to deal with I.D. documents they've never seen before (if they're legit. that is) and the language barrier so often when a minor crime is committed, the offender walks. Maryeymaple is right, I think KY is saveable, but not unless more citizens and legal residents become educated to the problem, and VOCAL in Frankfort.
Agreed. The sad part is that the feds do NOTHING about illegals so if you want to keep them out of your area you really must take matter into your owns hands. In these smaller and rural communities where word travels fast and there's a sense of community I really think it can be stopped. You've got to have the whole town in support and make it publicly known that illegals are not welcome. Let them know they'll be reported and tell their employers the same things, along with boycotting their business. Refuse to serve them and don't show them respect. Pass English as the town's official language, etc... Nobody wants to be the first to come out publicly holding a sign saying "get the illegals out" but when they see somebody out there doing it they'll join. If the employers say "Well, they have work visas so they're legal" then say why don't you hire Americans who actually need these jobs more then ever. They'll give you the "Americans don't want these jobs" shpeel...which is BS.

If the people in middle America realized this Please note this is by the INS (http://dare2sayit.com/FBI%20report.htm - broken link) then they'd wake up and realize it's headed their way. CA is no longer the golden state of work. It's now the South and Midwest and they're on their way...

Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,870,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
If the employers say "Well, they have work visas so they're legal" then say why don't you hire Americans who actually need these jobs more then ever.
I take exception to this part of your post. Not every person legally allowed to work in this country is an American citizen, but if we have a VALID visa and are entitled to work then who are YOU to tell an employer to "hire an American"?

fwiw legal immigrants need work too, or else you'll be whining how you're paying for LEGAL immigrants to come here and not work next.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:48 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,318,361 times
Kentucky is where I was born and raised. Now, I hope you aren't getting visualizations of Hickville and imagining that we are all rednecks, LOL, that is not the case. Although we do love one another one-in-the-same here. My point is that those of us from Kentucky who are concerned about illegal immigration aren't all going to be hillbillies that have it out for those who don't look like them.

I think it is important for Kentucky to nip illegal immigration in the bud before it drains us more. It has really been hurting our state. I will be sure to keep in touch with our Kentucky Senators about this issue and hope we have an effect on other states. I am interested to see the response to this news. I will be sure to support these proposals and hope that we don't get the same negative attention that Arizona did (boycotting, being called racist, etc.). If we do receive that, then fine, we will push through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration