Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So the Great Wall of China is a failure? How about the Berlin Wall?
Different time period. The engineering, materials and explosives that exist now didn't exist then. So nothing to compare to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
Didn't az have these civilian border groups protecting the borders from illegal imigrants already? I remember reading something about them recently... Oh yeah, some were convicted of murder and robbery of unarmed people in the desert and leaving their bodies to rot.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Different time period. The engineering, materials and explosives that exist now didn't exist then. So nothing to compare to.
Explosives? are you building a fence or a moat?

Old 04-14-2011, 05:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
So why is the Great Wall of China still standing today then assuming you mean that today there are much more powerful explosives?

Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Didn't az have these civilian border groups protecting the borders from illegal imigrants already? I remember reading something about them recently... Oh yeah, some were convicted of murder and robbery of unarmed people in the desert and leaving their bodies to rot.
Really? Do you have a link to these so-called "convictions"?

Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
the main minuteman group fought amonst themselves and sued each other out of existance...the survive in name only

Old 04-14-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the main minuteman group fought amonst themselves and sued each other out of existance...the survive in name only
Although there was conflict among two of the leaders that doesn't negate the fact that while in existance they were able to help the Border Patrol. I am not sure that they survive in name only as I believe there are still chapters out there doing what they can to fight illegal immigration. Not sure if they are still patrolling the border or not but rather working behind the scenes as the rest of us anti's are doing to convince our government that our borders need to be secured.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
So why is the Great Wall of China still standing today then assuming you mean that today there are much more powerful explosives?
Why would anyone take down the Great Wall of China now?? Its eroding away and without preservation will fall apart on its own. Its high and wide but has little depth.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Explosives? are you building a fence or a moat?
hopefully a fence.

Look at what Egypt was building.

BBC News - Egypt starts building steel wall on Gaza Strip border

Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,148,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Words have meaning...so I dont know what in your mind you consider an "invasion". I think I understand what the US Constitution means.

If the US Congress failed to increase funding to the USBP, then what my interpretation of "invasion" is has little bearing.
Dictionary defines invasion as "The act of invading; especially, entrance by force. 2. The onset of something injurious or harmful, as of a disease. 3. Any intrusion or encroachment; infringement.
American Heritage Dictionary.

Thousands of illegal aliens coming across the border, in some cases endangering citizens as has been reported, sounds like an invasion to me. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck, it's a duck. Mexican students taking down a US flag & running up a Mexican flag fits right along with it.

If your definition of invasion has no meaning, why are you arguing about it so much? Don't waste time arguing over something with no meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration