Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times

Advertisements

These illegals applying for jobs in our country know that they have no right to work here either and are violating our labor and immigration laws but for that they should be given a pass? I don't think so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Well we all know the poor illegals are blameless, they're only doing "what they have to do" after all, they have no choice because it's just too HARD to come here legally, remember?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Well we all know the poor illegals are blameless, they're only doing "what they have to do" after all, they have no choice because it's just too HARD to come here legally, remember?
Well it may not be easy to come here legally but that is no excuse to cut in line anyway. The fact of the matter is that there are far more "immigrants" that want to come here than we can accomodate in jobs and resources so they will just have to accept the fact that there is an end to that line and seek refuge somewhere else rather than crashing our borders anyway.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
Hmm I don't see Americans wanting to do custodial services for the rest of their lives.
Does anyone want to do that the rest of their lives?

Unemployed American citizens whose unemployment benefits have run out would be grateful to have work while they get back on their feet.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Does anyone want to do that the rest of their lives?

Unemployed American citizens whose unemployment benefits have run out would be grateful to have work while they get back on their feet.
One of my sister in laws worked for a factory which closed due to outsourcing, she worked toward and got a job with the Board of Ed doing janitorial at a variety of schools and is grateful she will be retiring with benefits in a few years. She has expressed true anger at those companies hiring illegals trying to steal contracts but the Board of Ed is state so she is safe. Illegal labor has no shame...only greed

Old 01-11-2011, 03:02 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Where did I say this? I'll wait.
You wrote with great contempt:

Quote:
If someone has been a janitor all their lives chances are they were not doing much with their life anyway.
What an ugly way to speak of hard working people! I despise how some illegal migrant advocates whine when people point out the failings of illegal migrants yet have no trouble holding their fellow Americans in nasty contempt. So an American janitor is an ambitionless ****** but a illegal migrant janitor is just a hardworking saint doing jobs Americans won't touch.

Quote:
"Steal"? What job did they steal from you exactly? I think the majority of Americans do not want to live paycheck by paycheck, don't you agree? Blame the greedy AMERICAN companies for hiring illegals who earn laughable low wages to "steal" your job. Not the illegals who come in to apply for them.
They steal in front of the line. They steal medical services when they show up at emergency rooms to get access to local hospitals they don't pay for. They steal the ability to plan and the fundamental respect for our laws by choosing which ones they want to obey and which ones they feel free to ignore.

Yes, some American companies are greedy. That does not absolve the illegal migrant of the responsibility not to come here in the first place. If we said you can't legally STAY HOME!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,725 times
Quote:
Go into any American classroom and ask the kids what do they want to be when they grow up? Keep a record of how many say "janitor". If they do, they are just joking and the whole class will laugh. Janitors do not get any respect in general. Not as much respect as a doctor or judge.

If someone has been a janitor all their lives chances are they were not doing much with their life anyway.
Okay, it would seem we have an over-educated and inexperienced bookworm here.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you know any illegals who desire to clean toilets forever? Do you think if they’re legalized they’ll continue to work menial jobs? The DREAMies want good-paying, professional jobs. They were even looking forward to getting “better” jobs with the passage of the DREAM Act. Get real.
This is true. Once people are able to work here and go to school legally, do people think that they are going to be complacent with where they are? No, they are going to be like a lot of other people, the average U.S. Citizen and basically try to do better in their lives. I would guess out of the people I know, that about 8 or 7 out of 10 legal residents are always trying to better their lives, not happy with no degree or cleaning toilets, cutting grass and picking fruit forever. Illegal immigrants are already getting out of those jobs. The illegal immigrants I know, some of them are in management, that's a job a legal resident or citizen could be doing. So, I know for a fact that illegal immigrants, once freed of paranoia of being deported and given the green light of legal status in this country will go out there and eat up everything that is available to them. That's scary 'cause they'll be taking from everyone else and won't care at all, it will be the greatest gift for them and a blow for everyone else when it comes to opportunity, resources.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
One thing that I notice about this video is at the end when the management asks the interviewer for "an ID." Why should ANYONE who is legally here, is a voting citizen, or a tax-paying citizen need an ID to find out of a business operating in the United States is employing illegal immigrants or not. The employer being researched can say, "Leave my property" or refuse to answer, but I do not agree with the need to try to shut someone up by asking for an ID. That's not a way out of being investigated. You don't get left alone or allowed to continue to let your illegal immigrants work just because it is not someone within the government that is investigating you. I don't agree that people should harass people though and that is why I say that these employers should either ask an investigator to leave or refuse to answer then the investigator should walk away.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:08 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
All employers of illegal aliens should have their businesses shut down, auctioned off and use the money to deport aliens back to their own country. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration