Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times

Advertisements

Baca Sponsors Bill to Restructure Naturalization Process for Exemplary High School Graduates (http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ca43_baca/proud_112th_010711.html - broken link)

Quote:
Washington, DC – Today, Congressman Joe Baca (D-Rialto) introduced legislation to allow motivated immigrant high school graduates to apply for United States citizenship after meeting certain academic requirements, which would replace the naturalization exam, and paying a reduced fee. The People Resolved to Obtain an Understanding of Democracy (PROUD) Act, mandates that any high school graduate who can furnish transcripts proving completion of grades 6 through 12, displays an understanding of United States history, government and civics, and can prove they are of good moral character be allowed to apply for U.S. citizenship.
Just HOW is this fair to those who do things the LEGAL way?

Quote:
The PROUD Act would amend the Immigration Nationality Act to allow exemplary non-citizen high school graduates, who are of age, to apply for citizenship as long as they provide the necessary academic transcripts, proof of essential civic knowledge, and are in good moral standing within the community.
NO mention of legal residency you notice, just pass GO from illegal and collect your "reduced fee" citizenship.

Of course we're aware from the rest of his press release that by "immigrant" he really means "those here illegally".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Default Bill to Let “Exemplary” Illegal Aliens Become U.S. Citizens

If they were “exemplary” they would also be law-abiding.

Quote:
A United States congressman dedicated to fighting harmful anti-immigrant legislation has introduced a bill to change a decades-old federal law so that “exemplary” illegal aliens can obtain American citizenship.

The measure is called People Resolved to Obtain Understanding of Democracy (PROUD) Act and it was also introduced in the previous congress as part of a larger immigration reform bill.
Bill To Let (http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/jan/bill-let-exemplary-illegal-immigrants-become-u-s-citizens - broken link)

Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
I agree - posted it here......... //www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ther-name.html

Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I agree - posted it here......... //www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ther-name.html
Oops! I didn’t see it. I’m sure Yac will merge. That’s exactly what it is. . . DREAM Act II.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,725 times
They won't give up, will they?

Coming from a California congressman, no less...

Is Baca not seeing the big picture?

Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
They won't give up, will they?

Coming from a California congressman, no less...

Is Baca not seeing the big picture?
Baca is a Hispanderer. Yet he dont care about us Mexican Americans since he wants to kiss illegal alien butt.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Baca is a Hispanderer. Yet he dont care about us Mexican Americans since he wants to kiss illegal alien butt.
That's because Baca himself is Hispanic. A typical Hispanic politican who has that tribal mentality that extends beyond our borders.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's because Baca himself is Hispanic. A typical Hispanic politican who has that tribal mentality that extends beyond our borders.
Yeppers. He makes all us Chicanos look bad.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
2 threads merged.
Yac.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
"DREAM" and "PROUD." LOL I wonder what other little clever ones they can come up with. I know that that isn't adding anything productive to the thread (I need to read more about this proposal), but I find that funny. One thing I do have to ask from what I have read is: and how much is it going to cost to implement this? I mean, they're actually going to be submitting high school transcripts and stuff?

Quote:
And by increasing the number of high-skilled, citizen workers, this legislation can boost our economic recovery by creating additional tax revenue at the local, state, and federal level.
More lies, misleading statements and ignoring of the fact that by adding these "high-skilled" "citizen" workers, there will be less opportunities for those who are legally here and the children of those who are legally here in the future. Why won't these politicians understand this? There is no win-win situation with this. It's just "WIN" for illegal immigrants and that's what keeps this stuff from passing because people know that it is wrong, it just feels wrong. That's not to say that politicians haven't voted on things that were obviously wrong and stabbed U.S. Citizens and legal residents in the back, but this stuff is another one of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration